3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   runners? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/117615-runners.html)

Lyria 09-02-2007 10:36 PM

Silver: The boot camp I do is indoors at the moment because it was over winter and even the instructor wasn't brave enough to be out in the pitch black and negative temps lol.

It's 3 mornings a week (6-7) and involves the usual interval training/running/jogging with a lot of conditioning/strength i.e. sit ups, push up, dips, squats etc etc etc etc.

I'm so buggered after a session! Ours is combined running and conditioning though...the only dedicated day we may have it when we do boxing for a session...love it!

I'm signing up for the spring session this week :)

shygrly 09-03-2007 03:59 AM

i did 6 miles today, it was a bit tough, but i'm glad i was able to finish.

silver plum 09-03-2007 04:11 AM

^^ Good job Shygirly - that's my goal - 6 miles! Still haven't done more than 4...

Lyria - my bootcamp sounds similiar. It's great huh? I feel so much more in shape now than a couple of months ago. I could never push myself so hard at the gym alone.

I tried to do a run today at noon - that was a dumb idea. Sooo hot!! Made it about 2 miles then stumbled home for water.

bida 09-03-2007 04:43 PM

My Bootcamp is very similar - its broken into four 15 minute sections -
1- running drills on treadmill
2- strength stuff
3- more running
4- strenth stuff
usually some abs and short stretch

each day is a different focus on strenth like
arms then legs then abs and butt - stuff like that ;)

I just don't know if I feel I can go back yet cause of the running part - since I feel slow - but tomomrrow if I can - there is track practice at 8am - now can I wake up for it? argh

bida 09-07-2007 07:47 PM

so tuesday i had track practice
umm - somehow it is friday. somehow I didn't do anything on wed or thursday.
ummmm

Lyria 09-08-2007 07:03 PM

Went for a run yesterday - first time in about a week. I feel slack saying that but it isn't like I have done nothing that whole time - had boot camp and spin classes instead.

I thought I'd really struggle but I felt stronger! Did a slightly longer than usual run as well which was probably around 7 miles in roughly an hour.

Anyways, don't know if I'll get out again today, i'm hoping to since its gorgeous out there but I am helping my boyfriend build his retaining wall and plant boxes (strength work out for the day!) and then have a nasty essay to get mostly done as I am going away next weekend. Meh! Whatever possessed me to want to finish my degree???

bida 09-08-2007 11:26 PM

I'm supposed to go out - go go go -
but i've a headache and now its dark cause I managed to fall asleep - I'll still try to go though methinks.

silver plum 09-12-2007 07:51 PM

I've gone on a few good runs lately - and some of them have been with other people. That's a huge step for me, I used to get so self-conscious when running that I would go alone. But now I've reached the point where I am finding it more fun to go with a friend or two and I don't worry about slowing them down :)

Also - I've been increasing my distance a little bit. I was stuck at 3.5 miles but today I ran 4.5 so thats good!

How is everyone's week going?

bida 09-13-2007 12:58 AM

good job silver plum!
I finally made it out tonight - about 3.3 - I'm so outta shape comparatively to where I used to be.
I am racing the fiver on sat - it's gonna be bad ;) at least its the nike music hit mix - so there are reasons to take breaks (old bands every mile or so
ugh - but I think i have been eating a little bit better lately.
B

Lyria 09-13-2007 05:57 AM

I also went for a nice run this afternoon - its now finally light enough and warm enough when i get home from work to go, it's great!

Went my usual 5 miles around the suburbs and really enjoyed it.

silver plum 09-13-2007 06:58 PM

Lyria - lucky! Around here it's just starting to get dark much earlier - boo!

Bida - Good luck with the race! I've heard of it! Sir Mix-a-lot and Suger Hill Gang are playing right?? How fun!!

bida 09-14-2007 02:45 AM

don't forget MC hammer!

Lyria 09-17-2007 10:27 PM

Slowly getting back into my running habit - went for a quick one with the BF on Sunday after we got home from a weekend away (we're gluttons for punishment!) and then a nice one this morning around my usual track. Yesterday only had time to squeeze in a Spin class with a quick 10 minute run on the treadmill to warm up.

silver plum 10-08-2007 02:32 AM

Oooo - I had to dig around to find this thread!

Where are all the runners?

I just got back from a 5 mile run. My friend has been trying to get me to do a 10k and I haven't been so sure about it - but after tonights run I am feeling more confident.

Other than that - just been doing a few runs a week. Did a 5k last weekend - it was flat and along the beach so it was really nice!

How is everyone doing?

Lyria 10-08-2007 05:40 AM

I haven't been doing a whole heap of running lately - I run to boot camp of a morning and run home again and thats been about it! I need to get back into it.

I think my interest waned a bit...gym classes have taken over. I'm doing heaps of spin classes, body combat, pump and body jam (dancing), plus boot camp so I've been keeping myself well worn out!

Maybe i'll go tomorrow morning :P