3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   runners? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/117615-runners.html)

Dreamer85 07-16-2007 08:04 PM

I would love to start working out in the mornings instead of in the evenings, maybe I'll get to that later on, or something. Perhaps next week I'll make that a goal for myself. The gym I go to is usuaully so packed from 3 until close (closes at 9 :( ) and I don't know, but it makes me self-conscious to run...

Either way, I got about 4 miles today, 3.96 to be exact, a really slow run, took about 45 minutes or so... But at least I got it done!

stacylambert 07-18-2007 12:30 PM

Hubby and I ran on the beach for the first time last night and I loved it! I didn't know how it would work with shoes on the sand but once you get to the wet/packed down stuff it's fine. It was definitely more difficult though. We ran for 30 minutes, maybe a 12 min/mile. Better on the joints thought. We'll probably switch to one beach run a week. It was the first time I was really able to clear my mind too.

bida 07-18-2007 08:17 PM

I ran yest and the day before. Both were not inspired runs - though I enjoyed my music selection yest (sometimes I enjoy slow, sometimes I need fast!) But yest's run I tried to make it a little longer - (back to my normal length) and I had to stop maybe after about 3 and a bit miles - I walked the whole route - to finish it - but I guess I shouldn't be expecting miricles - since I took like 4 weeks off - they shouldn't be super easy yet - And I know I am always mislead on the first few runs - because my body is so excited to be moving again it is easy - but then when it realizes its gonna be routine it gets tired - and doesn't like to keep going :)
alas! I am going to try a boot camp tonight - I AM - I've put it off for two days - but I'm really Scared!!!! (It's at a gym - it's a class - super scared!!!!)

B

glitterlicious 07-18-2007 09:33 PM

I'm a runner, currently on workout #2 of week 5 of the c25k program.

I'm getting there...

bida 07-19-2007 04:09 AM

I did intervals today - at that place I was scerred to go to - I managed - I did it (cept I cheated a bit on the incline intervals) (can only get stronger!!!!)
Gonna work hard for a week - see what happens!

B

stacylambert 07-21-2007 02:03 AM

I had a pretty yucky experience yesterday running. My husband wanted to do this aquathon down in San Diego so I told him I'd do the run with him. I thought it would be more varied abilities but it was all these hardcore athletes. We were running 9 minute miles (which I never have before) and came in LAST. Definitely disheartening. Especially since they teamed me up with this superfit girl who was only swimming. I felt like I let her down. Half of it was on the beach which made it even harder. Oh well, now I know better I guess. Once my poor sore hammies are better I won't have to think about any of that again :lol:

bida 07-21-2007 02:28 AM

Oh i heard about that - supposed to be really fun - hey don't let that discourage you - I run maybe a tiny bit faster or slower than that in the tris that I do - and I haven't come in last! (cept my first one and I came in 2nd to last - but that was sooo long - and running was last - I prob did like a 12 min mile :) i walked a lot - was soooooo tired!) keep it as a motivator ;)

i ran a quick cool (not too fast) down run today (bout 25 minutes) don't know how far - but it was just so i went outside - cause I was inside all day! and feel so much better for doing it.

go run!

Lyria 07-22-2007 12:20 AM

The sun -finally- came out today so even though it's still nippy even at midday went for a nice run, about 6 miles. I like this particular route as it has a lot of hills, ups and downs and change of terrain.

I stopped to pick up a friends mail just before getting home and discovered amongst the junk mail a boot camp flyer...only catch is it starts tomorrow! Gah!

Will give them a ring and see if it's still alright for me to come along, it would be great fun :)

bida 07-22-2007 01:53 AM

boot camp is fun - in that it's everyone struggling together :)
they seem in shape too - (since it seems people go there regularly :))
the one I go to was mentioned on entourage too :) yay!
thats too many smiley faces for my day off - bad day off bad day off!

RidiculouslyAddicted 07-22-2007 12:32 PM

Hi!
Can I join?
I *think* I can call myself a runner... I've been running for three months (as of tomorrow) with a couple of small breaks here and there, and I did my first 5K on Thursday. I'm pitifully, pitifully slow, but I'm okay with that -- for now!

My friend and I went and did a 10.1K walk/run yesterday (6K running) and I felt AWESOME. However, today I went to try 5K again, and I could only do about 4. I guess I'm pushing myself a little too hard right away. Before Thursday, the farthest I went at one time was 3K, so I guess I need to ease into it a bit more...

Anyway, I hope nobody minds if I post here.

bida 07-22-2007 03:32 PM

you are totally a runner!
welcome!

stiebena 07-22-2007 09:00 PM

Hi Guys! I didn't know there was a running thread here! I am easing my way back into running after a few months break. I really enjoy the challenge, and pushing myself. I'm training for a 10K run thats in October...but right now I'm just working on getting my stamina up again, since I haven't really run consistently in a while. I went out for a run tonight - probably about 4K...I had a break in the middle though. I ran to work to set up an experiment for tomorrow (I work in a lab) and then ran home again. In any case, it felt good, and I'm glad to be out there again!

silver plum 07-22-2007 11:52 PM

You guys are all inspiring! I just got back from a 3 mile run.. I still haven't gone farther than that. So many of you have done races... I think that is my new goal. Sign up and run for a 5k and then work towards a goal of eventually running a 10k.

PS I do a bootcamp too - so much fun!

Lyria 07-23-2007 12:17 AM

Just went for a run this morning at the gym on the good old treadmill :)

Was 8kms (5 mile) at 7.5mph with intervals at 9 mph periodically...and chucking the incline up and down a bit for excitement :P

Spin class tonight!

bida 07-23-2007 06:02 AM

Ouch - that sounds like a tough run!!!
I don't go that fast or far - but I was reading runners mag - and it was telling me how much time I would shave off my distance with weight loss - its like 2 minutes for a 5K - so now I gotta lose to get faster!!! (and help with weight loss!)

do you usually do a morning run and then spin at night? Seems intense!

B