Old 07-12-2007, 04:17 AM   #1  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

Default runners?

is anybody out there?
just nod if you can here me.

today did about 3 - after 4 weeks off from horrible ankle sprain i have run 3 times starting last friday (maybe 2.5) sunday - maybe 3 and today. I stopped on sunday because I felt if I had gone longer my ankle might hurt - and today I had some knee problems - have no idea why - hopefully will be better tomorrow.

---

come back come back wherever you are!
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I'm still about This last week has been a little out of whack because i've been on holidays and sick but i've tried to keep something up

Saturday - went for a 14km (8.75 miles) run ( with nasty steep hills! Thank you coast)
Sun & Mon...on hols and sick (typical lol)
Tuesday just a quick 30 minutes/6kms (3.75) on the treadmill (was still sick)
Wednesday went for a 7km (about 4.3 miles) run outside...it's finally starting to be LIGHT when I get home again *yay*
Today I had off
Tomorrow I will probably go for a treadmill run in the morning for 9kms (5.6 miles)
AND on saturday the boyfriend and I are planning a nice loooong run around the mountain and lake...about a total of 16kms or 10 miles.

My boyfriend and I have entered the City to Surf again this year and are aiming for under 80 minutes I'm excited already and it's not till mid August!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 AM   #3  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm trying to be a runner! When I exercise it's usually run/walk intervals but I'm working up to running only and it's coming along nicely. I don't know about mileage because I usually go trail running and don't have one of those nifty little gadgets that tell me how far I've gone but I'm usually out for 40-60 minutes each time. I'm working my way to a 5K!!!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Yeah, I'm here...

I just got returned to Denver and- gross! There is this awful cloud that has been over the city from the fires in utah and the air quality has been just awful so I haven't been able to run since I have been home from TN.

However, I had a great summer of low-altitude running. I started doing interval training (HIIT) with sprints and had some great results with that. Hopefully, the rain today will clear some of the smog up.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

*nods*

I ran my first 10K last week! I did it in 1:09:12 and goal was 1:10 so I was happy. Never thought I'd be running a 5K let alone a 10K.

I did a 4 mile speed run on Tuesday. Tonight's another run by I'm not sure what I'm doing yet.

bida, hope the ankle and knee feel better!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Bida, hope the ankle and knee feel better also!

And Stacy congrats! Gorgeous picture!

I'm still here my running ladies, and I'm pretty consistent. I took a break for a week from every day/every other day, to only twice this week because life stressors were hitting my hard and fast. Even though the times I was running was like my RELEASE!

Well keep running ladies!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #7  

I run approximately 3 miles a day 3 days a week. I have been running for about 2 months now. You wouldn't believe the change in my legs and butt. Running is so worth it. I would like to up my running to 4 days a week. Maybe after my vacation next week I'll try it.
I would love for this to be a long term thread here all about running. I love to run and I would definitely provide some input on a regular thread.
wvwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:56 AM   #8  
Bida Bida Bida

Hey - thanks all - the knee is a bit better today - though I didn't run - sad sad.
and i just ate too much sugar - wish it wasn't so late - would almost go run now

wv - we lurk around and stay active as long as people continue to log/post! so join the group - log - talk about running issues - enjoy! (you can search for some of our previous logs - all usually with the title runners)

now if I could expel as much energy into my real writing and not here on the blogs and running, maybe I would get somewhere!

to steal a quote from a guy that writes for runners magazine

waddle on -
B
Old 07-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #9  
I deserve to feel good!

Had a great run/walk this morning! It was pretty cool (well 85 degrees is cool for arizona anyway!) and a little cloudy which was really nice. Not sure how far I went but I was out for 40 minutes and I feel great! I hadn't run since last week and I definitely noticed my legs were feeling a lot more tired but it was a good tired, not painful.

I hope ya'll have a good run today!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:52 AM   #10  

Last night didn't go well for me I'm afraid. We planned on doin 5 miles but after about 1.5 I had to quit. Not only were my legs sore from a workout the day before but I started to get a pretty bad headache. I was dissapointed, I'd had a string of good runs lately and wasn't prepared to have to quit one.

wisher, wow, 85 is crazy! We thought it was bad out here in Ca but at least it's cool in the morning and evening. We usually run around 7:00pm or so. So it doesn't really cool down at night?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #11  
I deserve to feel good!

Not really, it doesn't get below 100 here until after midnight so if I want to run it HAS to be early morning (today I was out at 5:30). I visited my sister last week in San Diego and I thought "wow it's going to be great running in the morning when it's only 65 or 70!" I was partially wrong, the humidity really affected me even though the temperature was so low!
Old 07-14-2007, 01:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

That sounds like our summer here...the only time I can really go running is 6:30 in the morning and even then by the time I get back you can start to feel the skin burning. We can go about 8:30pm as the sun is going down but it's still awfully hot. The average day would be between 33C-38C (91F-100F)

At the moment it's a balmy 0.4C or 33F at 11am and we're about to go for a run...yesterday morning it was -2C (28F) and didn't my little fingers feel it! I swear the sweat on my forehead was frosting up lol.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:32 PM   #13  
Bida Bida Bida

I agree - love CA for its weather - always cools down when the sun is about to set - or early in the morning!

I had a great bad run yest - started at about 8:20 - it was one of those great runs where you can be completely in your thoughts and not know that you are even running - except for the occasional thought of - pay attn to traffic. I got some good "writing" done. But then my knee started hurting - so I started walking - but I was stilll doing well - and didn't want to stop being outside. So I stopped home for a second (to jot down my notes thus far) and went back outside to walk somemore - but then I decided to run (Becuase I saw someone - it was like 915 at night by now - and I hate being in my running clothes and seen walking - I feel like a failure) and started sprinting - so I did a sprint series around my block - and I decided I would not stop till I physically could not do it anymore. And I ran hard - for a while - it was GREAT - i felt like I really had worked out.

Unfortunately that was about all the great writing I did last night - but at least I got some ideas done - maybe I should go walk some more now.

B
Old 07-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #14  
I deserve to feel good!

Went for a run at dawn this morning, the sunrise was beautiful to see out in the desert. Unfortunately even at 5:00am it was 90 degrees and horribly humid from the rain that was just moving out. hopefully tomorrow will be better running conditions!
Old 07-16-2007, 12:04 AM   #15  

Had a good run tonight, 5 miles at a comfortable pace. Definitely my redemption run after having to quit last time. It was cooler than it had been lately so we were able to go before dinner which was nice, I hate running on a full stomach.

bida, I wish I was able to think about other stuff during my run! Every step and breath is all I think about unless I'm talking so I make my husband talk to me the whole time. Great job going back out and doing sprints, too.