Old 05-24-2007, 11:10 PM   #1  
girl wonder extradonaire

Height: 5"6.5

Default Favorite Item of Clothing??????

howdy all..

so this morning when I was getting dressed for work I put on a dark blue denim skirt I love...it's too big..like was barely able to stay on my hips..I still wore it to work however..had to pull it up every 2 mins

I am wondering if any of you have an item of clothing that doesn't necessarily fit but you aren't ready to give up??

For me it is the above mentioned blue denim skirt and a black t-shirt I have with wonder woman on it...it now flaps in the breeze around the bottom..But I still wear it once a week at least..both items I won't find again and I love them to much to let someone else enjoy them...crazy isn't it

Shannon
wondersha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:23 AM   #2  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Yes... It's a nice, long red-and-gold cheongsam that my ex-VF had offered me a few years ago. It still fits nicely on the breasts, but is getting too big everywhere else and it doesn't look so nice on me any more. I like it so much that I'll probably have it refit once I reach goal weight, though (most of my other clothes aren't worth it, but this one, sure).
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #3  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

yesss-- but I also have a lot from when I was skinnier that I can't quite give up yet-- like these jeans that I wore all of the time when DB and I started dating!

I guess the #1 thing thats bugging me right now is - Pajama bottoms-- when they're big and they twist around me and fall at night-- sooo annoying !!
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:10 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I have a pair of jeans that I used to wear the last time I made my goal. The left back pocket has a star on it, but its made out of the denim. They are so comfy, I love them! Still have about 15 more pounds to go before they fit again though
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/165/140

Height: 5'4

LOL, I wore my super comfy "fat" jeans until they basically fell down in the middle of a restaurant. I still lounge around in them -- they're the only piece of clothing I ever felt totally comfortable in, even at my highest weight.
shertz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I don't cling to any of my larger clothes. Right into the donate basket the minute they are too big. Now small stuff - I have piles of it that I haven't worn in years.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #7  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Yeah I had a lot of jackets I had to give up. And some t-shirts that don't hug my curves the way the used to, but those I still wear, just not as much as I used to. But it's a trade off, as the bigger things don't look as good, the smaller things do.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:55 PM   #8  
yummy mommy

S/C/G: 260/240/180

Height: 5'8

yeah shannon i think you should donate your lovely wonderwoman t-shirt to your lovely sister who gave birth to your adorable neice
bducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I still have a ton of skirts that are too big for me-- I keep thinking that I can take them in, but of course never get around to it!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I recently went though my clothing to give stuff to either my sister who is larger then me and then the rest to Salvation Army.

I had this black linen shirt that I got in England in 2003 that I love but it was litteral fallingoff me so I gave it to her but I put it in and out of her pile 3 or 4 times before I finally parted.

Also I still have several hoodies in my closet that I know don't fit me but I can't part. I might cut the center out and stuff them into throw pillows.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #11  

I don't really cling to clothes like that- it's tempting, but it feels better for me to get rid of things and treat myself to something new that I love- like I'll take myself on a mini shopping spree to Lord and Taylor and get a really cute dress or pair of jeans that makes me feel good.
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #12  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I kept the beloved pants that I wore my first weigh in when I started this time around. The funny thing is that 4 years ago they were a pair of goal pants when I lost weight. In the same token I keep a pair of pants in the size I wore when I was my largest. The whole reasoning for it is that if I'm really fed up and just want to binge - - - I put on the way too big pants, it makes me remember how far I've come.

As for everything else, straight into the donate pile. Working in retail I am a firm believer in one thing in one thing out. I can't buy clothes that actually fit if the closet and drawers are filled with clothes that are too big.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:12 AM   #13  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

Mine are a pair of old navy fleece dark gray pants a friend gave me in high school, and were perfect when I was 160 lbs. I am 208 lbs now and they seemed to have grown and stretched with me. They are not snug at all and still fit me perfectly. I don't know how I will ever part with those once I do get to my goal weight. I like RememberHowToSmile's idea a LOT.
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote