Old 03-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #1  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

Question Having a "Pac-Man" day!!

I'm having a "Pac-Man" day ! I feel like Pac Man-- with every step I take, I'm eating something! I had my protein packed breakfast, and I've already managed to eat 3 snacks (Cheese, Yogurt, Pistachios..) AND my lunch ! AHH! I've drank a liter and a half of water already today, too ! It's only noon !!

Anyone else have days like this? Normal hunger one day, Pac Man the next?
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:40 PM   #2  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

yep! I had that yesterday. My Pac_man days are called "tapeworm days." I only have the tapeworm for one day or so and then he goes away for a few weeks. It's just gonna happen, no matter how much tea or gum or celery or water or whatever you have. I look at it this way: tapeworm days are nothing new to me, but the way that i deal with them is new and that is something to be proud of. I can eat grapes and drink crystal light all day long, and it isn't as bad as when i used to get taco bell, candy, smoke cigarettes, and have a doughnut or something. ugh, my stomach just turned when i typed all that junky food.
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #3  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

I have these days sometimes, but I refuse to give in to them. They're the days when I go through an entire package of gum at work and end up going to the washroom every 20 minutes because I'm chugging so much water. I used to get them a LOT more frequently before I started South Beach, though.
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #4  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I am no stranger to those days. I used to do that all the time. But for me, I've realized that it was because of how I was thinking about myself and my body. I was really under the impression that I was never going to lose the weight and that I was never going to be happy. I've recently changed my thinking pattern. I've tried to be more positive and really believe that I will get to my goal weight. On days that I feel like eating more than I should I try to take a break from eating by going on this site, or going for a walk or getting out of the rooms I associate with eating (livingroom and kitchen). I've tried to be more concious of my eating and also I don't beat myself up for eating too much here and there. It is going to happen for sure, but I think what matters is how you treat yourself after. If you get angry with yourself and think you've blown it,then you will likely keep going. Recognize the accomplishment of stopping whenever you do and be proud of that. It's hard to do. I always say to myself so I ate an extra couple cookies (or whatever) but at least I didnt eat 10 like I used to. That has to count for something!

This site is a great distraction for me. Just seeing how focused everyone else is is a huge motivator.

Keep up the good work and be proud of what you've accomplished.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #5  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

You're right-- this site does rock !! And so do you guys- I feel like I've met a whole new pack of girlfriends!
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #6  

Ahh!! I love the term pacman days. I have 'em!! They're incredibly annoying but I'm glad you are dealing with 'em well and at least having healthy snacks that should (hypothetically) fill you up.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote