20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 191/169/140

Height: 5'4

Peanut- I'm thinking...

Jess- you can feel better... I did NOT get a punkin' latte!

Some of my friends are in town and I met up with them... at PF chang's. It was after I had already eaten but it was a couple hours later so I was a little hungry so I definitly slurged last night. I will probably splurge somemore this weekend. It's a girls retreat but luckily I'm not staying at the house with them so I can eat healthy when I'm on my own. Not sure if I'll get my run in tomorrow. I'm kinda feeling like I'm on a mini vacation, which is okay since I never get to do anything and I especially won't when school starts in a few weeks. Trying not to stress too much about it. It's real life, stuff is going to come up.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #32  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

ellie6388~ That's a great way to look at it! Life happens, and sometimes it gets in the way of weight loss, but the important thing is to not give up. Have fun this weekend!

JessicaRT~ LOL, I'm immune, I don't like any hot drinks except for tea, and occasionally a hot chocolate, but I have to be in the mood. Did you end up getting your bike ride in?

oOPeanutOo
~ I love cooking for other people and often make either a stir fry or a homemade pizza on wheat. You could still do pasta, but grab the SmartTaste pasta instead, it tastes just like regular pasta, but it super high in fiber. Dessert is a lil tougher. My mom and I make a no bake cheesecake that we stole from a weight watchers recipe book. Or you could always fall back on Jell-O.

dcapulet
~ How are things going today?

It's definitely Friday as I am super tired. I haven't figured out what I'm doing for dinner tonight yet as I'm not sure if I have to take my friend to Burlington or not after I get out of the gym (it's about 45 min. away). My fall back plan is to stop at Shaws on the way home and grab a salad if we do go, and if we don't... I have no idea.

I got a couple workouts in yesterday, including a walk on the treadmill at a 5% grade (I managed 5 min. at 10%), and a walk after dinner. I managed to do a face plant in front of the only people I saw during the walk. Of course I landed in a mud puddle and felt like a big dork. I didn't let that end my walk though, as I continues for another 2 miles even though I was covered in mud and some blood. I have one pretty decent scrape on one of my arms and on my hand, but other then that, I'm good. I am, however, furious with the town for paving up onto a curb (so it blends in with the road) and not marking it at all. Grrrrrrr... I also discovered that walking in the rain with glasses can be incredibly difficult as I was pretty much blind for the last mile with rain and fog on my lenses.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #33  
Jessica

S/C/G: 210/202/160

Height: 5.2

Yeah I hade a great bike ride.. My boyfriend says we did 8miles!! I should look it up on mapmyride.... or something. definitely felt good to get moving.

I went to the gym today! yay.. I did 1020 cals in 72 min!!!! I felt great. I think cuz it's nice and sunny outside. I just made myself a sandwich with Ham, Cheddar, mayo, mustard, avocado, tomato, lettuce and olives, on whole wheat, but I can only eat half... I think working out so much has something to do with it.

oh btw those bagel thins that are 110 calories are supper yummy! You dont need as much cream cheese and they are perfect for a bagel sandwich!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #34  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

all!

Time for my weekly (bi weekly?) checkin. :P School is dominating my life right now, I'm a freakin zombie! 0.o TOM showed up a few days ago and I'm all bloated and crap so no WL this week which is always better than a gain, right?

Old 09-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #35  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Kim - much better today. Things are easing up some.

The plan for this weekend is to get some much needed food in this house, and exercise! its supposed to be a beautiful weekend, soo I'm going to enjoy it
Old 09-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #36  
Jessica

hey question.. when figuring out our body % loss do we take it from our first weigh in or our most current?
Old 09-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #37  
Make it to the moon...

JessicaRT~ Take it from your starting weight. Great job getting so much exercise in!

dcapulet~ How is your weekend so far?

JasonsLea~ TOM is always fun, no gain from it means you should see a loss next week!

I worked a morning shift at the restaurant today which is different as I usually work nights. My mom sings with a big women's group and they are having a concert tonight, which should be interesting. Nothing exciting going on otherwise. How is everyone doing this weekend? Any special plans to help keep you all OP?

**Don't forget to weigh in before 11:59PM tomorrow night!!!**

Last edited by KimL1214; 09-11-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #38  
Jessica

UHG I totally forgot about TOM until just now.. maybe thats why I'm only down one pound.. well that makes me feel good.. I should be way down for next sunday!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

KimL1214 - Thanks for the suggestion of homemade pizza. Everyone was really happy with that idea. I wasn't as successful in making something low calorie for dessert so decided not to have any. No one noticed that I skipped dessert seeing as we we're having such a good time.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #40  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

well, as a bonus end to my week, I got sick. some sort of virus, I think. all i know is that i feel lousy, and am so full of clear liquids the scale says I have not lost any weight. so i "maintained" this week at 259.

on the bright side - it's a new week, and next WI may be a big loss!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #41  

Height: 5'10

So I lost hardly anything this week ... but I guess I'll take it after 4 lbs last week. It has to even out somehow! lol

I ordered some jeans online and they came Friday ... I had ordered a size 12 because I have some 14's that were getting loose ... but I figured it would be at least a little bit before I could really wear them ... but NO they fit. Awesome. I haven't worn a size 12 since before high school I think.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! It is over much too quickly!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 191/169/140

Height: 5'4

Peanut- I'm glad you could find something to make, I like to make parfaits for dessert (berries and choc. pudding) it's pretty low cal. and very versatile, you could do yogurt or other fruit (peaches) Or mix the pudding with some fat free or sugar free cool whip for a fluffy texture, layer them in individual tall glasses or a big trifle bowl.

Jess- wtg on the workouts!! you're really moving!

Dcap- I hope you got some relaxation

Kim- hope work was alright for you!

I'm back! and on plan The girls weekend was fun and much needed. I've got so much mental stress going on in my life right now it was so nice just to "check out" for a couple days. Not to mention having something to do and being with my best friend. It was definitly a foodie weekend, but I am glad to back to my normal healthy food, I was thinking about it on the way home late last night, I hardly ate anything this weekend that nourished my body, and my body deserves better than that. I need to eat lots of fresh food this week and drown myself in water. TOM should be coming in the next few days, so hopefully I won't get too PMSish.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #43  
Make it to the moon...

To continue chatting click here...
Closed Thread