20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #16  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

OMG Jennie, that sounds amazing!!! Congrats on all of it. You must be so super jazzed.

I started school Monday and school puts me in the groove so well, so I've been doing fantastic this week. I love all my classes, and all my teachers INCLUDING my PE teacher. She's surprisingly not a stuck up b*%&^ like a lot of PE teachers I've heard about at my college. Weee.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #17  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

Hello Ladies!!! I'm super excited to be on a team with all of u. Lets kick some major arse.

Jennie: U r doing such an amazing job. I"m soooo proud of u and u r truly an inspiration to all of us. What r u doing for exercising and eating???

Last edited by sarcruze; 08-27-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #18  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone!

sarcruze - I'm still doing my P90X; I actually only have 2 days left now! I'm going to be starting round 2 this coming up Monday (Lean Version). As far as eating goes, I'm still doing low fat/low carb. I'm trying to stay under 20g of fat and I stopped eating past 9pm which seems to be helping me BIG time.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:01 AM   #19  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Well done Jennie!!!! That is brilliant!!!! keep it up!

Oodlesofnoodles: sounds like you're doing great! I'm like that as well, school gives me a routine, which gives me a huge lift in losing weight! I cant wait to start back again next week!

I woke up too late to go running this morning (after 9am it's too freaking hot...) but I've planned a route for tonight and am aiming to eat about 1200-1300 calories for today. I've not been doing so well recently so I figure the only way to get back on track is by taking it one day at a time...

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

PS. I managed to download an awesome greek-type font (I woke up early and was being geeky again) so I made a new team sig. Lol sorry! But it is a bit better quality than the other one I think

Last edited by katylil; 08-28-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #20  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

katylil-yes it does become less painful lol i'm not in pain anymore. i'm excited for school to start because i'll have ppl to exercise with!

JennieLovesKisses- that's fabulous! you're doing so well, i'm very inspired!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 170/156/135ish

Height: 5'5"

Hi team!

Haleygirl, I can relate. I went for my first run in months, and the 5 mile loop that I used to easily run under 50 minutes took 56! It's not all bad -- I've been playing lots of ultimate frisbee this summer (and spring and upcoming fall), so it's mostly that I'm out of shape for distance. You'll get those weights back up, and I'll get my run time down!

Oodlesofnoodles, what kind of PE do you do in school? We had to do two classes at my university, and you could do anything from weightlifting to ballroom dance.

Just got back from a short trip to visit a friend that involved ice cream pretty much everyday, so I'm not going to weigh-in for a few days. How does this work? Do we have weekly weigh-ins on set days? I'm also moving this week, so I if I disappear for a few days, that's why!
Old 08-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #22  
doing it for me

Hi Callahan!
We weigh-in once a week, and you can post on ANY day during said week, but Sunday is the last day for weekly WIs to be posted. If you haven't posted by Sunday evening, I count it as missing a WI. Three WI-misses and we count you as eliminated.

So tomorrow is Sunday. Those of you who haven't posted your Starting Weights yet (there's quite a few of you!) please remember that tomorrow is your last day to post them HERE!!

On a side note, Kim (who's organising of the challenge) has posted a new thread with an Inches Challenge. It's not actually part of the BL Challenge (just an extra) but you can post your starting measurements and then re-measure on the last week to see how you've done. I think it's a cool way to count something more than just a number on a scale!

Also, I was thinking maybe we should all say a little something about ourselves to get to know each other a bit?

I'm Katy, 18 and a student at university. I'm doing a course in Musical Theatre, starting back next week and moving in to my first flat with two girlfriends.
As a kid I was very active, doing gymnastics and swimming, but I was also very clumsy (still am!) and after breaking/fracturing/twisting/spraining various limbs (at various ages) and spending a lot of time in plaster casts, I gradually gave up most of my sporty activities, discovered a love of food and then realised aged about 11 that I was starting to get bigger than all of my friends.
Over the years I gained a lot of weight, especially in my first year at university (I'm about to start my second), I went on a lot of diets and yet I was still overweight. So when I got home for the summer I started my Healthy Eating Plan, started exercising, joined 3FC and here I am

Sorry! I talk too much! Haha hope you're all having a good weekend!

Last edited by katylil; 08-28-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 170/156/135ish

Height: 5'5"

Heh, there goes my plan to avoid the scale for a few days after my vacation. Oh well, maybe it will lead to a great first week!

I'm Callahan, a nurse practitioner student in my late 20s. I've never been super-thin, but always active. I'd guess in high school I was 140-150ish, but I gained a bunch in college, probably up to 170 (maybe a bit higher, not really sure). Post-college I got down to 145 at one point, but regained. I've lost 10ish pounds in the past year (?). Clearly I don't really do a good job keeping track of my weight! A few years ago I picked up ultimate frisbee, and it's both my exercise and social life. A Callahan is when you catch the disc while on defense in your end zone. Pretty rare and pretty cool when it happens. I also run, try to lift weights at least a few times a week, and figure skate at a reasonably accomplished level. And I'm moving soon, so I should be packing now!
Old 08-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #24  
Haley wants to run!

My name is Haley, I'm 28. A junior (as of tmw) in college studying Accounting. I have a daughter she'll be 7 in a couple weeks and Wednesday she starts 1st grade. I can't remember when I have ever been under 200 lbs and the past couple years above 300 lbs which I blame on quitting smoking lol because that's when it started. I'm a vegetarian and I used to love running in 5ks ( very slowly) but now I have a pulled tendon and I'm scared to do anything but walk lol I have 0 tolerance for pain!
Old 08-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #25  

hey ladies...so far today is going good...i still have not done my exercise for the day but its beautiful out so i think i'm gonna do some walking on the trail today
Old 08-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #26  
I will make time!!!

Hi everyone, I'm happy to be doing this again. I'm looking forward to doing my best.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:37 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

That's a great idea to post a little introduction! It's really nice to read about other people

My name is Rosie and I am a PhD student in Psychology. I'm 24 years old (25 tomorrow!), and I live in the UK with my boyfriend, in a little flat by the sea.

I started to put on weight when I was a teenager after some fairly traumatic family experiences. I'm not sure whether these events were the trigger for my weight gain, but I think they have something to do with it. I used to binge eat a lot in secret, and gradually gained weight right up until I went to university. At university, living away from home for the first time, I put on loads more weight from all of the unhealthy foods my friends and I ate! When I graduated in 2006, I was at my highest weight (16 stone, around 224lbs). In the year that followed, I made my biggest effort to lose weight and lost the majority of my weight during about 6 months in 2007 - it was all done by calorie counting and regular exercise.

Fast forward to the current day, and I was maintaining pretty well since then, but when my boyfriend and I moved in together last Autumn, bad food habits (e.g., snacking, frequent visits to the vending machine at uni!) started to creep back in and I gained around a stone (14lbs) in about a year. So, in July, I came back to 3FC in an effort to get that under control and hopefully reach my goal weight this time! For me, my weight loss is mostly about portion control (I eat pretty healthily, just too much!) and, to a lesser extent, resisting unnecessary snacking, particularly in secret. I'm really looking forward to joining in this challenge and getting to know you all better
Old 08-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #28  
Haley wants to run!

tinycities- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Today is the first day of classes...the day has finally come...waaaay too soon! lol
Old 08-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #29  
doing it for me

Smile

tinycities: Hope you're having a great day!!!

Most of our team's SW are in, so good luck everyone for the first week!!!

Last edited by katylil; 08-30-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 242.6/236/140

Hey everyone!

Just a quick intro. I'm Cris, 23 and graduate student. Doing my schoolwork mostly online. Working two jobs I'm not incredibly fond of so I'm also busy sending good thoughts out into the world. :P I've been overweight forever and it got worse several years ago. I recently realized I've gained 60 pounds since high school. Ugh. Time to change that. Plan is to actually use that gym membership and complete c25k.

<3
Closed Thread