Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:24 AM   #1  

Default Meal delivery- freeze or fridge? Space?

I'm interested in joining a meal delivery service- 3 Hour Diet at Home or Deliciously Yours. The problem is I don't have a ton of freezer/fridge space so I might have to get a mini freezer or fridge. How much food do they send? Do you need to freeze it or refrigerate it?

Thanks
sparta802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/196/135

Height: 5'4"

I think you need to look at their websites or call and see what they send you and if it is fresh or frozen. They are all different. It also depends on how many meals a day you plan to get. Some have options of 2 or 3 meals a day. I am getting Diet to Go delivered right now. They make the food fresh once a week, vacume seal it, and freeze it for freshness. The meals come in Lean Cuisine type trays and can be stacked for the most part. They instruct me to put half the meals in the frige and keep the other half in the freezer until the middle of the week. 3 meals a day for 7 days is 21 meals.

I hope this helps!
workit120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #3  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

workit120 - I saw that you are using Diet to Go. I am planning to put in an order. Can you tell me if they send everything you need or do you have to buy additional items at the grocery store? Thanks.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/196/135

Height: 5'4"

They send you everything you need. Preserves, fruit juice, whole fruit, cream cheese, ketchup, BBQ sauce, mayo, etc. Everything listed on the menu should come with it. It is nice. I had a wild cherry muffin with apple butter and an orange for breakfast earlier and lunch is bistro chicken salad (some kind of pasta chicken salad) with breadsticks. This is only my second week. I add my own snacks because I need more than 1200 cal. right now, but less than 1600 cal. I think the food is really good. It is real food like you would cook in your kitchen prepared by chefs. There are some things I would never eat so I just substitute those items. It is just a matter of personal preference. I woluld suggest not cooking your entire meal by the instructions that they give you. I take mine apart and plate them to feel more satisfied, but some of the items (like side veggies) don't need to cook as long as the rest of it. I tried it once and my broccoli was way overcooked and tough. The veggies are already cooked so I just warm them up at the end. Hopefully the freeze half and thaw half will work for your space problem. Let me know how you like it.

Good Luck
workit120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:16 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

3 Hour Diet sends it all fresh. They stack up quite small, so it fits in quite nicely. That's the beauty of identical packaging!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote