Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-26-2007, 05:52 PM   #1  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Fifteen Inches...g-o-n-e !!!!

Hey everyone!

Former "Plateau Girl" here with a very surprising thing to report! I purchased the FITDAY PC program and one of the sections is a place to record measurements. I hadn't measured all my parts for awhile. I have been more into watching the scale S-L-O-W-L-Y begin to move AND being able to buy smaller sizes.

Well, I got out my tape measure to find that I had lost FIFTEEN INCHES since I last measured a couple months ago!!!!

Upper arms-2"

Chest- 3"

Waist- 1"

Hips- 2"

Thighs- 4"

Calves- 1"

Neck- 2"

So everyone...when the scale is moving SOOOOOOOO slowly, go get your tape measure! You MAY be doing a happy dance for an entirely DIFFERENT REASON than you thought!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:28 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Great going Cheryl. How exciting!!!!

Man oh man I wish I would have taken my measurements. Funny enough those numbers scared me more then the number on the scale. Oh well.

I am very happy for you. You're perserverance is outstanding. Really, really remarkable. Enjoy those 15 inches g-o-n-e!!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:49 PM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Robin!

Thanks! I wish I had taken MY measurements at the BEGINNING of this adventure, too, but I think like you do that the information MIGHT have scared me sh**less!!!!!!

I've always been strong, but I added a heavy layer of FLAB over the muscles over the years! I exercise a lot now, lift weights, and push and drag a lot of stuff around the house (like all the SNOW!). Maybe I'm not losing a ton of WEIGHT but am building muscle and firming up. That would explain the lost inches, right?

I'm large-boned, too, so MAYBE my bigger bones are contributing to the weight total. My hands are as large as my husband's, and I wear size eleven shoes. My shoulders are actually WIDER than my 5'11" husband's are!

I like the FITDAY PC version. Thanks again for getting me to try FITDAY! I WAS eating more than I THOUGHT I was eating!

Congrats again on the 100 pounds! What special reward are you giving yourself?

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:18 PM   #4  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

That's great news. Way to go. Tape measures don't lie uh?
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #5  
soon to be thin

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5"7

Thumbs up

It is so exciting to see that tape measure move!! I too have Fitday PC and LOVE it!!!! I just love the measurement section and the graphs and goal setting, I tell everyone about it all the time because it really helps to keep me on track.

Congrats!!
soon to be thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

cheryl -that is FANTASTIC!!

I LOVE my fitday PC too. No doubt about it!! I didn't take the measure ments everywhere when I started, I did my waist though. So just my waist the first month, and then everywhere else inlcuded in the 2nd.....I've lost a total of 16 3/4 inches. Freaking amazing. (there is still a lot more to go, but that sure is an incentive!!)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #7  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

WOW!!!

That's awesome. 15" is a tonne of fat gone!

I like measurements better than the scale. I don't even weigh myself -- hence why my "current weight" = ???-- I just measure. I find it's a lot less judgemental of me.

Congratulations once again.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Yay, Cheryl!!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:00 AM   #9  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Yay!!! Congrats!! What a great NSV!!