3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Fifteen Inches...g-o-n-e !!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/105707-fifteen-inches-g-o-n-e.html)

Cheryl14 02-26-2007 05:52 PM

Fifteen Inches...g-o-n-e !!!!

Hey everyone!

Former "Plateau Girl" here with a very surprising thing to report! I purchased the FITDAY PC program and one of the sections is a place to record measurements. I hadn't measured all my parts for awhile. I have been more into watching the scale S-L-O-W-L-Y begin to move AND being able to buy smaller sizes.

Well, I got out my tape measure to find that I had lost FIFTEEN INCHES since I last measured a couple months ago!!!!:dance:

Upper arms-2"

Chest- 3"

Waist- 1"

Hips- 2"

Thighs- 4"

Calves- 1"

Neck- 2"

So everyone...when the scale is moving SOOOOOOOO slowly, go get your tape measure! You MAY be doing a happy dance for an entirely DIFFERENT REASON than you thought!

Cheryl

rockinrobin 02-26-2007 06:28 PM

Great going Cheryl. How exciting!!!!

Man oh man I wish I would have taken my measurements. Funny enough those numbers scared me more then the number on the scale. Oh well.

I am very happy for you. You're perserverance is outstanding. Really, really remarkable. Enjoy those 15 inches g-o-n-e!!!!!

Cheryl14 02-26-2007 06:49 PM

Hi Robin!

Thanks! I wish I had taken MY measurements at the BEGINNING of this adventure, too, but I think like you do that the information MIGHT have scared me sh**less!!!!!!:stress:

I've always been strong, but I added a heavy layer of FLAB over the muscles over the years! I exercise a lot now, lift weights, and push and drag a lot of stuff around the house (like all the SNOW!). Maybe I'm not losing a ton of WEIGHT but am building muscle and firming up. That would explain the lost inches, right?

I'm large-boned, too, so MAYBE my bigger bones are contributing to the weight total. My hands are as large as my husband's, and I wear size eleven shoes. My shoulders are actually WIDER than my 5'11" husband's are!

I like the FITDAY PC version. Thanks again for getting me to try FITDAY! I WAS eating more than I THOUGHT I was eating!:dizzy:

Congrats again on the 100 pounds! :carrot: What special reward are you giving yourself?

Cheryl

Stinger 02-26-2007 07:18 PM

That's great news. Way to go. Tape measures don't lie uh?

soon to be thin 02-27-2007 10:41 AM

It is so exciting to see that tape measure move!! I too have Fitday PC and LOVE it!!!! I just love the measurement section and the graphs and goal setting, I tell everyone about it all the time because it really helps to keep me on track.

Congrats!!:cool:

Mrs Quadcrew 02-27-2007 11:48 AM

cheryl -that is FANTASTIC!!

I LOVE my fitday PC too. No doubt about it!! I didn't take the measure ments everywhere when I started, I did my waist though. So just my waist the first month, and then everywhere else inlcuded in the 2nd.....I've lost a total of 16 3/4 inches. Freaking amazing. (there is still a lot more to go, but that sure is an incentive!!)

Cats tongue 02-27-2007 03:33 PM

WOW!!!

That's awesome. 15" is a tonne of fat gone!

I like measurements better than the scale. I don't even weigh myself -- hence why my "current weight" = ???-- I just measure. I find it's a lot less judgemental of me. :)

Congratulations once again.

LisaMarie71 02-27-2007 09:56 PM

Yay, Cheryl!!! :)

crazynette826 02-28-2007 03:00 AM

Yay!!! Congrats!! What a great NSV!!