Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 05:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Default Girls on Track--September

It's time for a new thread, girls! It's September 9!

I've stayed on track really well lately. I skipped my exercise yesterday, but today I felt really strong and inspired, so I walked for 55 minutes, 45 at a high intensity, up and down hills, and then I did 30 minutes of strength training on my upper body and abs. Woohoo!

Tonight I plan on ruining all that by eating some pizza...heehee. Seriously, I treat myself to something yummy every week with my flex points, and I have 15 points left today anyway. 7 points for a slice of pepperoni pizza -- sounds good to me, and I might even have two!

I weighed myself this morning and it said 248, so I'm hoping that stays and that I even go down another pound (by some miracle) so that I'll hit my 1st mini-goal on my next weigh-in day. That will also be my 10% goal. Wish me luck!!

How's everyone else this weekend?
Old 09-10-2006, 10:21 AM   #2  

Talking

Hi! Can I join this thread? I officially start tomorrow on the Flex Plan! I have joined WW online. Its funny how I am sooooo motivated when I start then it goes away, I am hoping the more I post about my eating, the more motivated I will stay.

I have planned out my menu through Thursday and it seems like I can eat so much for 24 points! I plan to have salmon, chicken, even a hamburger with french fries (93% lean meat, and baked fries of course!) I have also planned my menus incorporating all the servings of fruits and veggies. I am going to have a hard time with milk products, as it seems I am becoming lactose intolorant and cheese has been giving me hearburn lately. This stuff has never happened to me before... I wonder if it is age, or the fact I have never weighed this much. Given that I am 25, I am thinking its the latter

Anyway, I am so excited to get this weight off FOR GOOD! I also started Curves a month ago... but only went for a week After Jazzercise, Curves just seems to boring, but the local Jazzercise schedule just does not jive with mine. So I intend on going to Curves during my lunch break instead of going to Wendy's!
Old 09-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #3  

Hi Christina, and welcome!

You'll find some great folks in the "Girls on Track" thread, though it hasn't been very busy the last few days!

I'm doing WW on my own (I didn't order the online thing, I'm just doing it from memory of when I did it 5 years ago and I bought the books and slide again). I've found that even though I don't have that accountability of meetings, I get it by posting here and reading everyone's posts.

Today, I had 29 points (my target is 30) and I walked in the park with my husband for 40 minutes. He read as we walked, and he said he was going to just walk instead of running as he normally would, because he needs to rest his legs for a day or two. He thought it would be a leisurely walk, but he started sweating when he tried to keep up with me!! That's a major accomplishment, because my husband is an EXTREMELY fit runner! I loved it!

Old 09-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #4  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

see? I FOUND YOU!!! (DOH)
Welcome ChristinaMarie

I didn't realize that Lisamarie started a new thread.....we are all still back on the August thread (even though its well into Sept.) sorry about that!!! Post often and you'll find a great bunch here. Nice to meet you.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #5  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

ok im here im kindda lost LOL well i did great last week (1st week on WW) and lost 3 lbs im hoping this friday goes as well as last week im doing it at home even all my workout's with 4 kids isnt easy but they know when mom gets in the ZONE dont talk to her untill she's done.......LOL well hope everyone has a great day i'll check in later
Michelle
Old 09-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #6  

hello! Yesterday I did fantastic! right on target with my points. Today I went over 3 but that is what the flexies are for right?

I was supposed to go to curves...I just dont have the motivation for it... its just so boring. I wonder if I bring in my ipod and listen to that i might have a better time?

anyway... I took a sneak peak at my weight and I lost 2 lbs of water! woohoo!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:51 PM   #7  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Well, heck this explains alot! I was wondering why no one was posting on the other thread. Thanks for "reminding" us (I mean, me...) to come join this thread!

Hey where is Paula????

Welcome ChristinaMarie. I'm Christina too. LOL. Really! Christina Ann though.

Hi Michelle!

Gotta go. I have a require chat to attend for one of my online classes. Its required....OOOoooooo.

chris
Old 09-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #8  

Yay! Everyone joined me here!! Woohoo!

I was wondering about Paula too... I hope she's ok.

I've stayed under points again today and I got 30 minutes of exercise (a walking tape), so I'm still on track!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:03 PM   #9  

Christina - about the lactose intolerance... I have two stepsons who are allergic to dairy. You might try soy milk products, or low-lactose milk. Amazingly, soy milk bakes really well in place of regular milk. They even have chocolate and vanilla varieties and soy powders that you could probably add to a smoothie or something. I'm not sure about drinking it outright, but when I bake muffins or pancakes I dont notice a difference at all.

Not sure what your routines as far as dairy products. It might be easier, if its causing heartburn, to have smaller amounts throughout the day, eaten with other things so its not such a concentrated amount of dairy at one time. Like a sprinkle of low-fat cheese on a salad or a half slice of cheese in a sandwich.

Also keep in mind some other foods are high in calcium - salmon, greens, various beans, calcium-fortified cereals or OJ, some bread products, instant oatmeal, etc.

Yogurt typically has a lot of calcium in it and some people who have trouble with dairy digestively don't have a problem with yogurt.

Just some ideas
Old 09-13-2006, 02:49 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

Hi all. I have grazed my way through the a.m. I'm babysitting my sisters' boys. OMG! Talk about stressed out. Least now I can honestly say that I am a stress eater. TOO busy. I'm going to be in big trouble when Jen gets home. The toilet in the front bathroom is clogged. My littlest nephew Conner, is a terror if you are'nt watching him literally all the time. He's 100% go.

Tonight I will need a nice relaxing workout at the gym to combat today.

Chris
Old 09-13-2006, 07:49 PM   #11  

well today I had 31 points. I hope that is ok. the flex points are meant to be used right? ugh I feel so guilty when I go over 24! but if I was not on this program I am sure I could hit 50 points easy!

Teckey- thanks for the info! I forgot about non-dairy sources of calcium! I might try to add spinach to my salads. I will start adding in small amounts of cheese also. I don't like soy milk by itself, but I have noticed sometimes milk does not bother me. I just hate taking that chance in the mornings and risk running late to work... I may try adding milk into my diet at night. I would rather not try the yogurt again. I once had a cup of it every day to avoid yeast infections... well it gave me a rash and I STILL got an infection lol!

Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:45 PM   #12  

Christina, don't worry too much about going over points by a few, especially since we can use the flex points. I always kind of looked at it that way at the beginning too -- that even if I ate 40 points it would still be a calorie reduction from what I'd been doing before I started the plan, and even a slow start is good. Besides, you didn't go over by THAT much, so you're still on plan.

I've had 27 points today and I may have a little snack, which will put me over my 28 point target but I'll just use a few flexies.

I'm proud of myself for going to the gym without my husband today -- I could've gone straight home, but I went and put in 40 good, fast minutes on the treadmill. Then I came home and did a lower body toning video and some ab work. Yay! I'm so motivated right now -- I really hope I can sustain it.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:26 PM   #13  

WOW!! For dinner I had my remaining 8 points PLUS my 25 flex points! I dont think WW intended for this to happen lol! We went out to dinner and I ordered my usual, only I passed on the roll, ate half the salad, and left some potato and steak on my plate. The good thing about this plan is I know there is still hope for this week since all I did was use my flex points with 2 days to go. Obviously I will make better decisions from here on. So tomorrow and Sunday I will stick to my 24 target points and I can still call it a good week!

One thing that I discovered today was when I decided to "treat" myself for lunch (before I knew we were going out to dinner and that I would completely bomb) was the fresco menu at TacoBell. I had 2 steak soft tacos fresco style and my grand total was 7 points and it was goooood! and I was just as satisfied as I would be if I had my usual grilled stuffed burito!
Old 09-15-2006, 10:36 PM   #14  

I stayed under my target again today and did my 40 minutes on the treadmill, even though I'm going through TOM, which makes me VERY tired and VERY hungry all day.

Tomorrow, my husband and I are invited to a little dinner party, where they intend to serve lots of pasta and red wine. Sounds great, but it'll be very point-heavy! I'll probably use all my flex points! Oddly, I'm more excited about a few glasses of wine than I am about pasta. We're going to take a lovely cabernet franc over there -- yum!

How's everyone doing? And where is Paula!?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:43 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

My treadmill came into day and we got it all set up. I'm so excited. I can exercise everyday, rain or shine, instead of my 2-3 days at the gym. I'll still go to the gym to do weights and stuff but on my off days...this will be perfect.

How is everyone doing? I've been swamped with homework and also getting things done and getting educated on my SIL's leg before she comes home. Get this...they are making her call it a stump. How rude! She just wanted to call her leg "shorty". I don't see what's wrong with that.

Oh well...gonna go get some movies for the evening. There is nothing good on PPV. Darn it. Ya pay for Digital cable and there is never anything on.

Chris
Closed Thread