Old 07-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Do you make your own hummus or buy it? I haven't found a kind I *love * yet, but I've had some great homeade hummus. Too bad i'm such a crappy cook.

Yesterday I was actually decent, and I got my butt to a 1.5 hour yoga class and did 44 minutes of elliptical/treadmill cardio. Today I have to make sure I get enough protein.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, 2 slices wholegrain bread

lunch (planned): veggie burger, mixed veggies

snack: Bolthouse farms protein drink (1 c), piece of fruit

dinner TBD

Workout: 75 min yoga class, 45 min cardio
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I buy hummus. My favorite hummus comes from a restaurant that I used to go to but I moved so no more of that. I have been meaning to make it myself but I haven't yet.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:57 AM   #18  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I make hummus with the Fantastic Foods mix.

today:

1 packet cinnamon weight control oatmeal
1/2 tablespoon natural peanut butter
1 teaspoon clover honey
2 cups skim

1 can healthy request soup, chicken & rice, more water added than called for to reduce the sodium some more.
1/2 cup-3/4 cup baby spinach & radicchio
1/4 cup mushrooms
1 serving light done right house italian dressing
1 light multigrain english muffin
1 tbsp smart balance
1 stick reduced fat string cheese

1 packet doritos
2 sticks reduced fat string cheese
1 yellow apple
2 servings baby carrots

1 serving kashi blueberry cereal
1/4 cup skim milk

I am nervous now guys because I am home & the cereal is open now. Cereal is the easiest thing ever to binge on. Keep your for me.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 07-21-2006 at 12:07 AM.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:34 PM   #19  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for the TLC info, nelie.

I make my own hummus with chick peas, garlic, lemon/lime juice, EV olive oil, and tahini. I don't stick to a given recipe, just taste it to see if it's balanced, but I tend to go easy on the oil and heavy on the garlic, and always add lots of black pepper. There's a stall at our local farmers' market that does the best hummus I've ever tasted , but I'm too cheap to buy it very often.

Well, I ate nowhere near what I'd planned yesterday, but apart from a small portion of ice cream, it was all good stuff, so I'm okay with that. Sticking to a plan isn't my forte. However, with that said:

Today's plan:
  • Optimum Slim cereal with raisins and skimmed milk. Done.
  • Fruit shake (banana, blueberries, skimmed milk, tofu).
  • Cottage cheese and Marmite on Ryvitas, carrots and sugar snaps.
  • Baked salmon, broccoli, peas, brown rice.
  • Apple.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:04 PM   #20  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Talking

I am really glad to see this thread. Funny I was thinking about it on my way home from the gym.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast
Oatmeal...Low Sugar Maple
Blueberries
1 cup skim milk
coffee

Snack
1/2 cup hummus
pita chips

Lunch
Turkey
White nectarine

Dinner
Blue Fish
Roasted Veggies
Cucumber and Tomato salad

Dessert

Cherries

No exercise. I am on an every other day routine.

Today-
... so far has not been that great as far as eating since I am on vacation I went to lunch with my Mom. I am also tending to "treat" myself to things I do not get in Korea.

Breakfast
Oatmeal
Blueberries
Skim Milk
Coffee

Snack
Hummus
Pita chips

Lunch

gucamole with chips
chicken/avacodo quesadilla
My favorite dessert....tartufo.....(vanilla and chocolate ice cream ball with thin chocolate shell and a cherrie in the middle)
decaf coffee

Dinner will be:
bluefish
roasted veggies

Dessert
cherries

Exercise was fine I went to the gym and worked like crazy on the recumbant bike for 20 minutes using the fat burning setting (instead of level 1). I also used the arc trainer for 20 minutes and the arm bike for ten. I was dripping with sweat by the end.

So maybe the tartufo will equal out and there will be no gain. HOWEVER...I know I am on vacation and am trying to do what I can but I am not in full diet mode while I am away. So I am not beating myself up over anything.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:59 AM   #21  
Made in England!

Blew it again after the fruit shake. Went for a long bike ride with hubby, and just couldn't be bothered to start cooking when I got back. I had two big pieces of fried chicken with small fries. I'm sure the kcals won't kill me, but I know I'll feel the effects of too much fat and too few veggies tomorrow.

Incidentally, tomorrow is day one of a smoke-free Fishy! I'm off out for my last one now.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:45 AM   #22  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

I did ok yesterday. No gain... which is a success in itself. Looking forward to today.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #23  
Made in England!

I'm proud of you, Darlene! It just shows that you can still enjoy a vacation without piling the weight back on.

(Hmm... are you listening, DishyFishy! )
Old 07-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #24  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Awwww, Fishy. Be gentle with yourself. You can't uneat anything. You can only move onward & downward.

today

2 eggs, scrambled in a little butter
2 slices white toast, buttered
1 banana
1 serving 1% milk

^^ate at mom's with my little man silent begging at the table. Silent begging is sitting nice, as if to say, "Look what a good boy I am. I am sitting nice. Don't you want to share your breakfast with me?" and I did give him some toast crusts & a bit of egg & a bit of banana. I can't help it, he's good. And he has lost a pound, and is down to 17 pounds.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #25  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I always switch up my dinner.

Pre-dinner snack (dinner was late, ~8pm) - 1 piece of "The Baker" cranberry and pumpkin seed bread (70 calories), couple of wasabi dry roasted edamame (20 calories?)

Last night Dinner - 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta, 3 tbsp pasta sauce, 1/2 cup eggplant sautee, 1/2 cup black bean salad (black beans, corn, tomatoes, red bell peppers, green onions), 1/2 cup salmon/cucumber/bell pepper salad with a side salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers) and 1 tbsp newman's own honey mustard dressing.

For today:

Breakfast - 1 ultimate meal (ultimate meal powder, 1/2 banana, 1 kiwi, 1/4 cup soy milk)

Snack - 1/2 cup black bean salad

Lunch - 1 cup eggplant sautee, 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta, 3 tbsp pasta sauce with side salad

Snack - 1/2 cup salmon salad

Snack - 1 cup mixed veggies (carrots, bell pepper), 1/8 cup hummus

Dinner - Maybe veggie pizza

Last edited by nelie; 07-21-2006 at 12:53 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Yay for quitting smoking , Dishy! Lean on us... it's a toughie.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:23 AM   #27  
Made in England!

Thanks, Dana! Today was difficult, and I have to admit to having had a wee smoke this afternoon. Pretty feeble attempt, huh? I'm going to look into those pretendy cigarette things to help me out. I can't use the patches because of an allergy, and this cold turkey thing is nasty.

On a brighter note though, I did fine on the food front. I seem to do better without a plan! And I even got in a couple of walks totalling about 7 miles. (Spoilt a little by my . )

Today's food:
  • Wheat bran cereal with raisins and skimmed milk.
  • Fruit shake (banana, blueberries, skimmed milk, tofu).
  • Asparagus, carrots, spinach, sugar snaps, and sunflower seeds with dressing (black pepper, garlic, EV olive oil, and raspberry balsamic vinegar).
  • Baked salmon, broccoli, peas, whole wheat noodles.
  • Apple.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:14 AM   #28  
Made in England!

Default Confession time....

I ate a whole bag of chips tonight, and washed it down with a bottle of wine. I really don't know what gets into me sometimes. I mean, I started the day well, but spent the entire afternoon planning to have crisps and plonk!! Wouldn't you think at some point I'd have come to my senses? But no, I waited for it to cool down (it was 43ºC in my garden, and I can't get the indoor temp below 32 ) and then went for a walk with hubby to the off-licence and supermarket. He said to me, "Should I be reminding you how awful you'll feel after this?". I just said, "Nope.", and carried on. Poor bloke!

Today's food:
  • Fruit shake (banana, blueberries, rasps, skimmed milk, tofu, FF yogurt).
  • ½ cup black beans, ½ cup FF cottage cheese, red cabbage, carrots, spinach, 2 Ryvita crisp breads.
  • Big bag of crisps.
  • Apple.
  • Bottle of red wine.