Old 06-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #31  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiedarling
Why in the world would you choose to wear underwear reamed all the way up your a$$ as far as they can go just so people can see the tops of them above your already too low waisted jeans? Makes me want to run over to eveyone I see like this and give them a good yank.
~Dee

Me too! I know I'm too old to think that looks decent!

On the "ma'am" and "sir" thing, whether you like that or not definitely depends on where you live. Most people here think that children that don't learn to use sir and ma'am are rude, but I know it drives my in-laws (who live in the Pacific NW) crazy when my kids yes ma'am or no ma'am them.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:45 AM   #32  
Mindy

S/C/G: 295/279/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi-rocks
I was in and out for about an hour, passed or stood near at least 15 different people, looked at them and smiled and was completely ingored every single time. RUDE! (As usual)
I live in So. Cal too and if you would have smiled at me I would have smiled and said hi back, maybe that's just me. But hey remember you're in the OC which is full of So. Cal's. snootist rudist people. Personally I think that in So. Cal. that most people lack simple common courtsey.

I'm with you guys on the thong thing and the girls that wear the low rise jeans that show the tops of the thongs. I hate to say it but another thing that bugs me about this fashion trend is the, as one of my friends calls it, "tramp stamp", which is the tatoo on the lower back that is visable right above the top of thong. So, not only are they showing off their low rise jeans/bejeweled thongs but also their colorful "tramp stamps"... I mean get some class (this is my personal vent).

You guys are funny and make me laugh with some of GOW posts thanks it's what was needed today - Mindy
mindydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #33  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Thank you mindy for feelin' my pain. This thread always makes me smile. I have another and wanna see if anybody else notices this. Its the advertisments for mascara..I know that sounds funny but I am an avid wearer of false eyelashes (mine are sooooo short) I have been wearing them for some 10 years now (before it was common) In ALL of the photos for mascara ads the models are wearing them!!! Or they have their lashes photo shopped or both. Its soooo misleading. Drives me nutz.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I am laughing at the underwear thing, but let me tell you a little story. The other day we were in a Mcdonald's getting the kids some lunch. They were playing in the toys and my sister (who is 22) was bent over picking up one of the kids to put onto one of the toys. Her underwear were showing out the top of her pants just because she was bent over. This man that was in his 40s comes up to her, yanks on her underwear and says "When I walk in here this is all I see." Can you say PERVERT. I think that is one of the most inappropriate things I have ever seen happen. My mom, sisters and I were just in shock with a jaw dropping moment. Just wanted to share that and maybe think on that next time you see them peeking out the top.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #35  

As a wearer of Bridget Jones knickers, I feel her pain. Oh and a tip to those of you losing weight, replace your underwear as you go down.Size 26 undies do not go under size 18 jeans, ask me how I know

As for that man How dare he!!!??? A point and a stare at someone deliberately wearing a visible thong is one thing, doing that to anyone - just wrong.

My GOW today is kids. They have taken to playing football (soccer) outside our house. Now our house is built on a cross roads, right on the street, no garden or anything. The balls hit our trach cans, our windows, our doors, it drives me mental, and with World Cup fever sweeping Britain it's getting worse.

I would never ever let my kids play on the street. What makes me really mad is we have two playing fields 5 minutes walk away from our house!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:45 AM   #36  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Thanks for the smile!

You guys all gave me a great laugh and smile.. I'm with everyone on the thongs... My sis-in-law is a teacher, and will wear these... EEEWWW.

Just wanted to throw out a suggestion I found. If you can wear an XL, sportskirts makes cute little skirts (to cover butts) that have attached little shorts underneath for exercising.. breathable fabric, and even has a pocket for your mp3 player and a buttonhole on the side to run the cord for the earphones through. Rather expensive though. If I can lose 20 more pounds, I may try some, because being tall, I think another 20 will put me back in the xl range, hopefully.

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 315/268/150

You guys are hilarious!

I totaly agree with the thong comments. We have students at work that wear them all the time with their low rise pants.

How do you feel about those camies that they wear that you can see their bras straps?

Here's one of my GOB momento you guys have a hard time finding pants that are not low rise? It seems that no matther what size you wear you must wear low rise. Don't they get that wearing low rise pants when your big makes you look twice your size?

My second GOB moment: People that are constently condesending to you for no reason . We have a student here that thinks she's all that and so much more because her dad is friend's with our boss. Of course , she has a different act when the boss is around and she hates french ( which I am ).
Foreverhopefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:45 AM   #38  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

I have a moan...
about me forgetting to log in part of my breakfast for Tuesday. (I don't plan out before hand what I will eat, just tally it up as I go. I like the flexibility it gives me and I usually don't have any problems.)
So I thought I had a 300 calorie surplus to 'spend' for the day when I actually didn't and I ended up actually over my calories for the day.
Went over today today too, but only about 100 calories, but those were controlled and pre-planned snacks for at the movies. Shared chocolate, dots, and popcorn with my 3 kids and DH.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:01 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondomom
I thought I had a 300 calorie surplus to 'spend' for the day
Been there too....it's that sinking feeling when you hear the "click" and realize you have locked your keys in the car...

Look at it for the entire week... overall, 400 kcals won't be a breaking point and get in some extra exercise to compensate.
Lynne
tchrnow is offline   Reply With Quote