Old 05-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #1  

Default ahhh the stress is over....

Sort of...
I finished my last final today! Yay! I survived my first year of nursing school... boy was it hectic.
I haven't posted much the last few weeks or so cuz I've been too busy with school projects and studying. Shoot, I haven't been exercising cuz I've been too busy. The stress got to me and I've been binging lately too. It kinda stinks, but I also know that I can't change the habit during my most stressful time of year either.
So, I go with my parents to Wichita on June 6 to start Optifast. I am so excited.... I wish I could be starting right now, I am really ready to be done with food; making choices, feeling guilty, etc etc has really become exhausting.
I have been doing A LOT of soul searching and since I have made the decision to do Optifast, I have generally become a much more happier person (even my husband has noticed). I feel like, for the first time years, I am finally taking control of my life and that I am ready for the responsibility and accountability of not only weight loss, but of every aspect of my life. I also made another huge discovery.... (which I should have known this, as I tend to be very independent) I am not my marriage, and my happiness is not dependent upon my marriage. So after a really rocky summer last year, things are really back on track with us, and I truly feel revived - and these seem to be lasting feelings, not something that happens for only a few hours or days after a supposed revelation.
Anyway, now that I am done with school for a few weeks (taking a few summer classes to pad my GPA), I am going to take the time to focus on me and what I like and who I am; and make mental preparations for starting Optifast.
*I just get giddy with thoughts of Halloween coming and losing enough weight to wear my poodle skirt!!! LOL How silly am I?! *

So anyway, not much going on for the month of May to get terribly stressed over - my husband is having knee surgery for a torn meniscus (outpatient); and the week after that we are going to Kansas City to see my best friend who I haven't seen in 3 years - this will be 3 days before I start Optifast, so I am gonna thoroughly enjoy all the places we eat out at. woohoo LOL.
May = me time.

I'll keep everyone posted on Optifast and how it works out for me. Thanks again guys for all the support, advice, and encouragement!
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #2  
Aleecia

Wow! Buckettgirl. You really do have an incredible attitude. You seem very happy right now.
Best of Luck on the Optifast. You seem mentally ready to take on this next adventure. Good for you for taking care of you.

Leec
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote