Old 07-03-2006, 12:23 PM   #31  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
lisinopril with HCTZ
This is an ACE Inhibitor. Plus a diuretic. Good stuff. I'm on lisinopril but not the diuretic.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #32  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

hi guys. Water poisoing as you call it is called osmotic shock. basically the sodium level in your cells vs your blood keeps water either in the cells of in the blood. if one is stronger it pulls the water to it. i.e if the cells have a higher level of sodium the water goes to it and the cell swells up. if the difference is too great the cell keeps swelling and bursts. this is very rare. if anyone has suffered dehyradtion you will be aware you are told to sip fluid and not gulp it for this reason.

water will put on weight if you drink it. simple maths 1ltr of water = 1kg or 2.2lb. there are numerable things that can cause water retention not just sodium levels.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:17 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 315/268/150

I would think that there would be a problem if you didn't spend time in the office bathroom but I'm sure that if you drink that much water...it's your second office, so don't worry.

Do remember thought that you might need to lower your intake as you lose weight, but your body should be able to let you know it had enough and to stop drinking...by making you not thirsty.

Be aware of any changes in your water intake vs going to the bathroom, water intake vs food (especialy the salty stuff), water intake vs your body for any weird changes that don't feel right.
Foreverhopefull is offline   Reply With Quote