Old 12-03-2005, 11:05 AM   #16  
Big Ol' loser

There is more room on the couch when I lay down. My tummy seems to be slowly shrinking and I actually have a hint of a rib cage! I also noticed that my newest jeans are starting to fit great! They fit before but they just look better- won't be long and I'll be heading to get some smaller ones.

I worked out 3 times this week after a week long um hiatus. aka turkey coma or something. I
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:46 AM   #17  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

I have a few. My scale is getting stuck again so I'm really focusing on the NON SCALE victories lately.
1. Size 18 jeans fit!
2. I tested for my yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do December 1st. I broke my boards on the first try! My first break was two boards at the same time using a turning side kick. The second break was a single board using my hand!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:43 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondomom
I have a few. My scale is getting stuck again so I'm really focusing on the NON SCALE victories lately.
1. Size 18 jeans fit!
2. I tested for my yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do December 1st. I broke my boards on the first try! My first break was two boards at the same time using a turning side kick. The second break was a single board using my hand!
Congratulations on your belt test. I spent many years watching my son through all his tests. I thought he broke his hand on his red belt test. I also thought the red belt test was harder than his black belt test. He loves martial arts.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #19  
Downsizing Dee!

Excellent victories everyone.

My turn to share....
I wanted to purchase a new top for Christmas this year. I've been teetering between XL and L for some time now. The XL's didn't seem to fit quite right but neither did the L's.

I went into one of my favourite stores and picked out 6 tops that I liked, all in size large. I wanted to see which ones looked the best and go back for an XL if I needed to. Well - they all fit. I couldn't beleive it! I can really go into a regular clothing store and pick something off the rack and have it fit!

I bought the prettiest and most expensive as a reward for myself!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #20  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Great victories everyone. I love reading these.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiedarling
Excellent victories everyone.

My turn to share....
I wanted to purchase a new top for Christmas this year. I've been teetering between XL and L for some time now. The XL's didn't seem to fit quite right but neither did the L's.

I went into one of my favourite stores and picked out 6 tops that I liked, all in size large. I wanted to see which ones looked the best and go back for an XL if I needed to. Well - they all fit. I couldn't beleive it! I can really go into a regular clothing store and pick something off the rack and have it fit!

I bought the prettiest and most expensive as a reward for myself!

~Dee
Wonderfull.!!! I so can't wait to get into the L in a regular store.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:18 AM   #22  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacway
Congratulations on your belt test. I spent many years watching my son through all his tests. I thought he broke his hand on his red belt test. I also thought the red belt test was harder than his black belt test. He loves martial arts.
Thank you!
What martial art does your son do?
You got to watch his black belt test? My TKD school doesn't allow family or friends to view the black belt tests. Only the colored belt tests.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:06 AM   #23  

This is always my FAVORITE thread. Everyone is really doing a great job. It seems like we are all starting to come out of the funk that was going around the past month or so.

Dee - you are in big trouble now! I hardly ever spent money on clothes before. But once I could fit into regular clothes and really LIKED how I looked in them...well, let me just say that the urge to buy clothes now is as strong as the urge to buy food used to be. It is just so much fun trying on clothes and feeling normal. Even when I don't have the money to shop I find myself in the stores just trying things on for fun! I am glad you decided to reward yourself with the prettiest top - you deserve it!

Okay, I had and NSV this morning albeit a silly one. I'm cleaning house and setting up my Christmas houses today so I haven't gotten dressed yet. When I took DS to school this morning I just threw on what was warm and close, my husbands flannel pajama bottoms and one of his old college sweatshirts,and then threw my hair up in a clip. As I was putting stuff away in our closet I caught a glimpse of myself in our full length mirror. To my amazment, I looked pretty cute wearing DH's oversized clothes! I've always wanted to be able to wear some of his stuff but I was so big and round that I felt manish in them. They weren't exactly oversized back then since I was heavier than he was so there was nothing feminine about me wearing them. LOL. It was fun to realize that I look and feel better dressed way, way down than I used to look and feel when I was dressed up.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:22 AM   #24  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Those are all great, you guys. Keep em coming.

My NSV is that yesterday I went to put on a skirt that just a couple of weeks ago I had to really suck in my stomach to button and zip up, last night I was able to button and zip it without holding in my breath at all.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:05 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondomom
Thank you!
What martial art does your son do?
You got to watch his black belt test? My TKD school doesn't allow family or friends to view the black belt tests. Only the colored belt tests.
I had to email my son and ask. He said he studied American Tae Kwon Do. Many techniqes from many styles. He used to do forms and selfdefense in tournaments.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:40 PM   #26  

I have my first NSV! Last night I had an emergency with my German Shepherd, Samson. I have two other dogs also, Bilbo, yellow lab, and Riley, a pointer.

I got home from work around 6:10 and found that they had been fighting. Now they "play fight" all the time so I don't worry about it, but apparently this one got out of control. Samson was filthy, caked in mud, and walking slowly. This is very unlike him since he is just 8 months old and a lively dog. I bathed him and he kept pulling away from me. I glanced down at the bathroom floor and noticed blood spots all over the floor. So I got him to the emergency vet hospital (which is quite a ways away) by 8:00.....found he had a bite from my lab's teeth that punctured his side and had made quite a good size hole from which he was bleeding quite profusely.

Anyway, after all this trauma, I am driving home with him and wanting to comfort myself with fast food. This has been a regular pattern with me.....any little incident, a hard day at work, a stressful conversation, whatever, leads to "I deserve some fast food." I'm thinking about different restaurants I will pass on the way home, and then I stopped my thinking and said....."I've just had a hard, tough experience, but I deserve to take better care of myself and stay on the path to lifestyle change and not go back to the same old behaviors." And so I passed every restaurant and went right on home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a MAJOR NSV for me. Thanks for letting me share.

And Samson is going to be fine, by the way. He has some staples in his side and will be on antibiotics for a couple of weeks.
Guindalf47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:45 PM   #27  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Glad to hear Samson is okay. I have a doggie too so I know how much they are like your babies. Congrats! That's a great victory. Keep it up.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #28  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawsmom
It was fun to realize that I look and feel better dressed way, way down than I used to look and feel when I was dressed up.
That is a great story to share. I am so glad you are feeling good about yourself. We all deserve to feel good about ourselves.

Glad to here your doggie is all right Guindalf. What a way to come home. Good for you for passing up all the food on the way home. I know how hard that can be.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:23 PM   #29  
One pound at a time...

Awesome NSV Guindalf! I am glad your doggie is going to be okay
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:43 PM   #30  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I fit in Victoria's Secret XL panties. It's not much, but it's a start.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote