Old 10-27-2005, 03:12 AM   #31  

hello everyone!

I just wanted to know what nsv stands for?? no small victory? Is that it?
dani
tuckytex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

NSV stands for "non scale victory" -- the successes that are not just about the number on the scale.

My NSV this month has been shopping in my closet! I'm fitting into the clothes I bought 3-4 years ago. Some of them are pretty nice, I must say! The clothes from my high weight were not as nice (I wasn't really investing much in my appearance), and it is nice to see the growing pile of too-big clothes. I have to confess, some of them I could still wear, but the smaller ones DO look better on me, so why go back!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:13 AM   #33  
Big Ol' loser

I have to go a get some jeans tonight. The one pair I was wearing the most are too big! Yeah! They were so loose I was stepping on the bottoms because they were down below my belly button!
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:50 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Great clothing NSVs everyone.
@ Ali WTG for being in the regular section and in a large. That is awesome.

My NSV is I didn't binge and pig out after dinner last night. TOM hits and I do it every day of it and then some. I told myself last night that enough was enough and if I wanted to get rid of the 8 pounds I put on with TOM then I needed to stop the late night binges.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:00 AM   #35  

Ali, that is so exciting! It is a HUGE milestone so congratulations to you!

Dawnyal, that is an impressive NSV. I am the same way around TOM and it is a struggle every month to talk myself out of a binge. For me it is a salty, sweet thing. So, I'll have a couple of chips and that makes me want chocolate then that makes me want pretzels, then those make me want ice cream, and on and on and on. Good for you - those hormones are definately something to be reckoned with!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:35 PM   #36  

Congrats everyone on your wonderful nsv!!

I had my first nsv victory this morning. The puppy and I went for a walk to the post office and back in 34 minutes!! If he was properly leash trained we could have done it in less. But the amazing part for me was when I realized exactly how long the trip was. When we got home I took the truck to drop a movie off and I decided to see how far we walked so I mileaged the trip for the route I walked and it was 1 1/2 miles round trip!!!! I couldn't believe I walked a mile and a half and made it home without having to stop, other than for the puppy.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #37  

I went shoe shopping last night and bought a pair of boots. Knee length boots - that fit over my calves with ease and I don't even have a roll of fat hanging over the top! This is a big one for me. I have naturally large calves anyway and they are the last place that I tend to lose weight. I don't think I've worn higher than mid-calf boots since college (and that was a long, long time ago!).
Old 10-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #38  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I really didn't expect to be able to fit into regular sizes yet. Even though I've been wearing my own smaller jeans, they're pre-worn and therefore a lot looser than if they were new. It's knocked me for six. I mean, I'm so excited by it (can you tell? ), but at the same time, I find it a bit scary. Eh, I dunno if that makes sense to anyone but me....

I've always hated shopping for clothes, and I'm starting to think that was purely because the styles available in my size all seem to be frumpy and/or ill-fitting. Oh dear, hubby's wallet could be in for a bashing when I get to goal.

I love your victory, Dawnyal! Getting the better of those hormones is a fantastic achievement.

Suddenly finding your body can do more than you expected is wonderful, ambabs. It's a great reminder of how much healthier we're becoming.

And knee-length boots, jawsmom!! I'm not usually envious of other people, but I actually feel a touch of the green-eyed monster on this one! The only boots I've ever owned that could accommodate my calves were green and rubber and covered with cow pooh!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #39  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Today's NSV is the look of amazement on the faces of a couple of clients I've not seen since June or July. You could see their jaws just drop as I walked in, and an hour or so into the meeting one of them blurted it out "I don't mean to be rude, but I want to do what you're doing"!

They didn't even see me at my heaviest, there are a couple of clients I really want to see who did...
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:29 PM   #40  

Quote:
You could see their jaws just drop as I walked in, and an hour or so into the meeting one of them blurted it out "I don't mean to be rude, but I want to do what you're doing"!
Isn't that funny? I've been getting that a lot lately too. What I find interesting is that when I tell people that I've just been eating less and moving more 95% of them ask, "No, really, how did you do it?" Once I convince them that it really has just been hard work and determination they usually decide that they don't want to to what I'm doing anymore!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:53 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I had people notice my weight loss for the first time this week -- and I actually didn't mind! (I had posted earlier I thought I would). I think the new old clothes I'm wearing (does that make sense --the ones from my closet) have suddenly put my weight loss into focus.

And, we went to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner tonight -- they have this warm bread I really love! I stopped right where I wanted to -- at 2 pieces! I even had a healthy meal of salmon and steamed asparagus (tho they first brought out the asparagus loaded with butter, so it had to go back!)

All in all, a good week so far!

Congrats to the jaw-droppers among us! I'm starting to think it won't be so bad being there myself someday... which is better than dreading the comments like I was before!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote