Old 11-25-2005, 11:08 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Okay, time to share how we did on Thanksgiving.

I'm happy to say that I stuck to my plan of turkey, salad, 1 muffin (lowfat lemon), good veggies and one small piece of lowfat pumpkins pie. This Thanksgiving went SO much better than last year's.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:33 AM   #47  

Went brilliantly! I had planned for two pieces of pie, even, but I only had a tiny piece of cherry cheesecake! We went out to Hometown Buffet (no one felt like cooking) and I had a reasonable meal--started with salad and soup, had a slice of ham, 1/2 cup mac&cheese, and 3 chunks of candied yam. Woo me!

Next challenge is cookie-making, but my confidence is high!
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 01:37 PM   #48  
Big Ol' loser

I did really really good. I feel great about yesterday. I ate stuff I normally won't get during other meals. So I had the ham and fried turkey. I also had a serving of mashed potatoes(just because!), one dumpling from the chicken and dumplings, a serving spoonful of brocolli rice and homemade mac and cheese. These are things my in laws make, unusual for thanksgiving but good. I ate some fudge but was fine because I really only ate thanksgiving dinner all day. I drank tea and water all day. We ate at noon, we had to pick up the fried turkey at 11 so I didn't eat breakfast and then I picked on the turkey later at home at dinner.
The one big difference is I walked about a mile to a local park and played with the kids.
No alcohol and no PECAN PIE !! (12 points alone for pecan pie, it was there and I didn't eat it!!! )
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:33 PM   #49  

Survived Halloween by not passing out candy.

Survived Thanksgiving. I watched portions, had plenty of veggies and yams (not candied just seasoned) and then splurged a bit with a piece of pumpkin pie and half a slice of pumpkin cheesecake. I Ate lightly the rest of the day and stayed OP. I also exercised a bit extra.

Christmas plan... Exercise extra the day before and after. I will take the day off on Christmas. I plan to eat what I want but watch my portions. I have a great way to make hot chocolate low cal. which is one of my favorite cold weather treats. I will probably end up baking peanut blossoms but thats about it for cookies. The things that I have to be the most careful of are the dill dip I make and the cheesecake. Also I have a weakness for egg nog. However that will depend on how good the egg nog is from the dairy here. I used to live in NY and they had these convienience stores called Stewarts everywhere. They made their own dairy products and had the best egg nog. So I cant stand the grocery store variety. In CO we have our dairy delivered and their products are excellent. So I am assuming the egg nog will be too.

New years- New Years eve used to be a killer calorie wise. I would always drink in the new year. This year will be different as DH can't stand my getting drunk so I may have one or two drinks but thats it Oh well it will be good for my waist line.
Safora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:31 AM   #50  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I did pretty bad for Thanksgiving. I stuck to my plan for our dinner but then blew it a bit latter in the day. I still did not stuff myself like in previous years but I did eat more than I needed to and ate when I was not hungry.

We got rid of our pies and we put the turkey in the freezer to make soups or whatever latter. I am going to have a tough time today. I really need to stay on plan and we are having friends over for a Christmas dinner. This is usually a big stuff yourself fest but not today. I'm counting calories and am going to stay on plan. I really want to have this next 7 lbs off by Jan 1st. I want to make it to my original goal of 245 before my surgery and then get to my new and final goal of 230 by April 31st which is my two year anniversary of starting this diet.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 12:47 PM   #51  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I feel a little upset today. I did well up until T-day dinner (did have an eggnog with a little rum in the afternoon). We used our smaller dinner plates, but I got seconds of the stuffing and turkey, then had a small extra piece of the sweet potato pie. I had a couple of glasses of champagne too. Then I had a piece of apple pie from SIL later in the night, I wasn't even hungry, just wanted to eat it. I felt stuffed, not just full.

I'm especially upset because I've been struggling the last few weeks, had a couple of seriuos setbacks end of Sept and Oct, a death in the family, then I had problems with my leg muscles. I'm working to get back in my groove.

Friday I did well, and spent extra time in the gym. Today is good too so far. I just haven't been meeting the goals I wanted to meet.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:50 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

bumping this back up so you can check on your plan for the upcoming holidays
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote