Old 09-01-2005, 10:36 PM   #16  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I don't really need a visual but when I get to goal I'm going to spend about a dollar per pound and get a nice watch and have it engraved "Half the man I used to be 245".
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:08 AM   #17  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

It isn't visual, but I'm losing a lot of my weight by training for charity runs, so each time I run I donate £1 per pound I've lost to the charity of that race. For my first one I donated £44, this time I'm looking at somewhere around £20, possibly up to £25.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #18  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

Actully, this is a great thread. I have been making myself visualize gound meat. Think about the fatty hamburger meat that our moms and grandmoms cooked with. At my walmart they sell it in 1lb containers. So, I always think of stacking that stuff up to give me a better picture of what is going on w/ this body. And I have to say that as disgusting as it is . . . imagine gobs and gobs of that stuff litterally stuffed in every nook and cranny of your body . . . . GROSS! But, it helps me get throught the tough workouts thinking that I am melting that stuff away. Mentally I think of my heart rate and body heat as turning the fire up under the stuff and melting it away. . . . GROSS but it works. J
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #19  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

What a great thread! I think I'll steal the paperclips idea. I have oftem thought about the bead idea too. Maybe I'll find some small ones I like. And use something a little bigger for every 5th lb. Hmmmmm.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #20  
2006 - Panda Remix

Ooh I like this thread!

I tend to think of it in cans of beans - they weigh about 1lb and I am always aware of how heavy they are when I have to carry them home from the supermarket. It is amazing for me to think I was carrying around an extra 43 cans - I couldn't possibly lift that weight now!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 01:30 AM   #21  
Laura

What a great thread!!! I love the necklace idea - I might have to look into that!!!
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote