S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Breakfast:
walnuts (pre-commute)
lowfat mozzarella cheese stick
apple

Lunch:
veggie pizza
raw veggies from salad bar (tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, garbanzo beans) tossed with low-fat ranch

Afternoon snack to keep the Beast at bay:
skim milk

Dinner:
chicken breast
sauteed zucchini and peppers w/ garlic
watermelon

Snacks throughout the day:

Drinks:
water
coffee w/flavored creamer

Calories:
about 1500

Exercise:
stairs, walking
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:25 PM   #32  
Crazy Canuck

Hmmm...didn't anyone eat anything today?

Drinking lots of fluids, taking my meds and trying for full Labour Day Weekend recovery. Tomorrow is my Dad's big surprise 80th birthday bash and I want to enjoy all the festivities (if not all the food)

Friday
Morning
Small bowl of raisin bran with 1% milk
Tea
Mid-morning
Small banana
Bottled spring water
Afternoon
Astro fat free sugar free yogurt (vanilla)
Club Soda
Late afternoon
Cheese, tomato, lettuce on small whole wheat bun
Tea
Evening
Seedless grapes
Tim Horton's coffee (with cream)
Bottled spring water
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:38 PM   #33  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Had a great OP day including a birthday party for my best friends husband. Drank 80 oz. water and did WATP - 2 mile.

Tommorow - Gym for 45 minutes nustep and weightlifting or homegrown danceathon and OP meals with at least 64 oz. water.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 02:57 AM   #34  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

9/1
B: Kashi GoLean and soymilk
L: Baked beans; large salad with light ranch
D: Large salad with roasted fat free turkey, cheese, imitation bacon bits and light ranch
S: chocolate sugar wafers; banana cream pie flavor nonfat yogurt; lemon chiffon flavor nonfat yogurt
Beverages: 12 oz diet coke; 70 oz water; 8 oz soymilk
*****Total Calories=1816*****
Exercise: Core exercises

9/2
B: 2 slices whole wheat bread with peanut butter; banana
D: large salad with turkey, cheese and light ranch
S: chocolate sugar wafer cookies; golden puffs with soymilk and sliced banana
Beverages: 20 diet mt. dew; 8 oz soymilk; 64 oz water
*****Calorie Total=1658*****
Exercise: 5 mile bike ride
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:36 AM   #35  

Oh Jilly, I so hope you'll be feeling better soon! Take it easy sweetie, and make sure you take full advantage of any babying and pampering offered by your awesome honey. I did notice the Timmy's coffee w/ cream in there, so hopefully you're on the mend now! Good thing too since their stock must be taking a beating in the wake of your absence. You wouldn't want to be blamed for the fall of Tim Horten's now would you??

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:16 AM   #36  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

Jill, congrats for your dad on his 80th. It's fun to celebrate such milestones with family. I hope you're feeling better soon.

FRIDAY

Breakfast:
walnuts (pre-commute)
watermelon

Lunch:
grilled cheese on wheat with grilled mushrooms and onions
raw veggies (broccoli, celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers) shaken with a little bit of blue cheese dressing

Afternoon snack to keep the Beast at bay:
protein bar

Dinner:
hamburger
corn on the cob

Snacks:
2 little chocolates that Gem made (she was home with Hunter today and they got out the Chocolate Factory he got from that stupid infomercial)

Drinks:
water, coffee w/creamer, diet soda

Calories:
about 1400

Exercise:
walking, stairs, swimming
Old 09-03-2005, 11:13 PM   #37  
Hanging in the Heartland

Jilly, How are you feeling? Hope things are better.

Another OP day with 64 oz. of water and 45 minutes on the nustep and 15 minutes of lifting and stretching. I have to be completely honest... I would have skipped the lifting except that I had already committed to it in my post last night. This really works. DCM
Old 09-04-2005, 03:28 AM   #38  
Laura

Friday's Calorie Count: 1819

Today's Foods:

Breakfast: Special K & 1% milk
Lunch: Turkey sandwich (whole wheat, turkey, mayo, provolone, swiss), unsweetened applesauce
Dinner: Breaded Fish, macaroni & cheese, raw carrots, 6 oz cola
Snacks: 100 cookie snack pack, sunflower seeds
Drinks: (cola above), water

Cal: 1790

I struggled today b/c for some weird reason, I was CRAVING Burger King! This is very weird - BK is not my favorite place to eat and I never crave it! But, I held off - I was strong!!! We came home and I made the dinner I'd planned and had a bit of soda with it instead which helped me feel like I had a treat but still stayed within my plan.
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:36 PM   #39  
Hanging in the Heartland

Way to go Laura It is so weird how those cravings just come out of nowhere.

I was up late last night and had 2 hotdogs, some chocolate and some ginger candy at 2:00 am. Definitely not OP!. Also too many carbs and too litle protein at dinner today. Other than that drank my water and was OP with exercise. Where is everybody? Gone for the weekend probably. Hope you had fun. DCM
Old 09-04-2005, 10:28 PM   #40  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

9/3
B: 2 slices whole wheat bread with peanut butter; 1 banana
L: spicy grilled chicken tenderloin; tossed salad w/ fat free dressing; 2 sourdough rolls with butter and strawberry jam
D: homemade waffles with peanut butter and strawberry jam
S: big slice of carrot cake
Beverages: 16 oz diet Stewarts Rootbeer; 64 oz water; 10 oz soymilk; 32 oz diet pepsi; 12 oz diet coke (egads! that's alot of diet soda!!)
*****Total Calories=1805*****
Exercise: 2 mile run

9/4
B: 3 slices bread with peanut butter
D: 2 c salad with fat free and low fat dressings; whole wheat pasta with garbanzo beans and marinara; 2 bread sticks
S: 1 banana
Beverages: 20 oz diet mt. dew; 64 oz water; 8 oz soymilk
*****Total Calories=1552*****
May have a snack later. Will update later.
Exercise: day off
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:42 PM   #41  

Cool

Well I have been at this for a month. 12 lbs down. Cant seem to follow it precisely. Keep missing the pm snack. dont stray too much but its is hard because i HATE fish and seafood. I have 2 friends that are following the book verbatem, and in 2 wks they have lost 10 each. this is great, because I have never had this kind of luck with any diet. Cant bring myself to do much exercise though. A bit here and there. Mostly walking. my favorite thing so far has been the chocolate milkshake. I am trying the "pancakes" tomorrow,. will let ya know if it is worth the bother, Also, can you make a pizza crust with soy flour? If so where can i find a recipe. (I am NOT Martha Stuart so I cant do it in my head.

Last edited by Losregni; 09-04-2005 at 10:46 PM. Reason: wanted to add weight bar. didnt work
Losregni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:02 AM   #42  
Crazy Canuck

Well, I'm pretty much recovered ~ thanks to those who sent good wishes for my health and my dad's special birthday.

Saturday I ate sporadically until early afternoon. It was party day and there was lots of running around to pick up food from the various restaurants chosen. It was a surprise party and dad was really touched. He's a pretty tough guy, but after recently receiving a cancer diagnosis and having two surgeries he became quite emotional and gave a thank you speech after opening his gifts that had most of us clearing our throats, blowing our noses and wiping our eyes.

Not feeling totally up to par, I only had a large cup of tea for breakfast and didn't eat again until the party (it was an all day affair, with people dropping by all afternoon and evening). There were lots and lots of foods I didn't go near, but lots of good choices, too. I specifically made a few trips to the platters of sushi, fresh shrimp, fruit and raw veggies. I did partake in a small piece of lemon mousse birthday cake and one glass of champagne, but all in all I was on plan with lots of water consumption and exercise before and after the party.

Sunday started off with Raisin Bran with 1% milk and watermelon. Lunch consisted mainly of leftover fruit and veggies from the party (I didn't bring home leftover cake) We had salad, little whole wheat dinner rolls and chicken on the bbq for dinner with more watermelon. I drank copious amounts of water, both flavoured and plain, and took the dog for a long walk for the first time in a week (I think she missed our walks while I was sick as G and the kids don't go the distances I do!) In the interest of keeping Tim Horton's solvent, I had an extra-large coffee tonight, Beverly.

12lbs. in a month is excellent progress, Losregni. Here's a pizza crust recipe I hope you can use:

Pizza Crust
Serves: 1 12-inch crust, 4 to 6 servings

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 Tbsp. sweetener
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tsp. salt
1 cup unbleached flour
2 scoops GeniSoy® Ultra-XT Protein Powder
1/2 cup whole wheat flour

Instructions:
Dissolve the active dry yeast in the warm water
Let is stand for about 5 minutes until it starts foaming
In a mixing bowl, stir the sweetener and olive oil into the dissolved yeast
Beat and knead in the rest of the ingredients until the dough is smooth and elastic
Cover and let the dough rise in a warm place until almost doubled in bulk
Preheat the oven to 500° F
Punch down the dough
Roll or stretch it to fit a 12-inch pizza pan that has been sprinkled with cornmeal
Spread your favorite pizza toppings over the dough, and bake until browned and bubbling

Nutrition Facts:
(per serving)
Calories 202
Total Protein 14g
Soy Protein 10g
Carbohydrates 26g
Fat 2g
Sodium 544mg
Cholesterol 0mg

This recipe is:
Low Cholesterol
Low Fat
Vegetarian
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:33 AM   #43  
Laura

I screwed up. I ate fine all day but then after the kiddos were in bed, I over ate - that is my huge problem - nighttime eating!!! ARRRGGGHHHH! It put me over 2,000 calories - I've been doing so well at staying under 1800. Well, only one day I suppose, but STILL.

Sunday:

Breakfast: Tortilla, scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon, salsa, potatoes, orange juice
Lunch: Strawberry smoothie (strawberries, 1% milk, pudding mix), granola bar
Dinner: Turkey burger (ground turkey, mushrooms, onion, red pepper, romano, mozzarella), portobello mushroom salad (portobello, arugula, tomato, onion, oil & vinegar), carrots
Snacks: sunflower seeds
Too Much Late Night Eating: 100 calorie cookie pack, leftover turkey burger, 8 oz cola
Drinks: (orange juice and cola above), water

Cal: 2071

So, I've been trying to analyze why I did that - the only thing I can come up with is that my daughter starts preschool on Thursday and I'm a wreck! I've never ever been away from her like that before and she has never EVER stayed with anyone besides family!! 2 1/2 hours a day! What will I do without her?! She's excited to go but she cries everytime we talk about her staying there alone and Mommy leaving - I want to cry too! I'm gonna be a basket case on Thursday!!

Last edited by alphabetsoup; 09-05-2005 at 11:36 AM.
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #44  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I am so off-plan it's ridiculous. I have been so since Thursday night. Not just a day or 2, but 4 whole days. I caught the "I'm so sick of restricting myself so now I'm just going to eat whatever I want and say screw the diet because it's too much work" bug. I know I should be able to eat whatever I want just in "moderation," but it has become quite apparent to me that moderation is not an option due to my compulsiveness and obsessiveness. I need to purge the cash I get from my restaurant job so that it's not as easy for me to just stop for a quick bite somewhere (I hate using my debit card too often, so I use cash when I eat out). Ugh, I am totally disgusted and disappointed with myself. I lost 30 pounds and then came screeching to an abrupt halt. I don't care what anyone says about "lifestyle change"--I'm pretty sure I will always have a fat state of mind and the lifestyle to go with it. I will never be able to feel normal in a restaurant or social situation involving food, and that frustrates me to no end. I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore...I"m gonna go cry out a bit of frustration and leave for now so I don't dig myself in any deeper of a hole
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 02:14 PM   #45  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

Jilly,

I completely understand. You and I started at about the same weight, and we are plateuing at about the same weight. That first 30 pounds came off almost effortlessly... just a few changes here and there, and paying more attention to what I ate.

And then it stopped. My body "caught on" and started fighting me again, holding onto every pound. It's like it said "thus far and no further." It's SO frustrating some days, I just want to give up. It's this weight that catches me every single time. Every other time I've done the same thing... and given up when I hit this plateau. If I get below 270 pounds, it will be Virgin Fat Territory -- a place I've not been in over 10 years. I'm DETERMINED that I will not stop this time. The plan will work, as long as I work the plan.

Moderation can work with some people. Sometimes, though, you need a stricter plan, or one that very specifically works the moderation into it. When I say to myself "Oh, I can have a little of that -- everything in moderation," I have to be very clear about how MUCH is moderation. One glass of wine is moderation. Six is not. I drank six last night. Believe me, I understand where you're coming from.

Jilly, you CAN do this. You've fallen from the wagon, so to speak. You've acknowledged that you have. You're starting to look at other aspects of your life, like the cash thing, to work out a strategy for one of your weaknesses, the "stopping for a quick bite". That's progress!

But what you need, as you are working out your strategies, is to get back on that wagon whether you feel like it or not. Hang on for dear life. Look up, and notice the hands outstretched to help you back up. Let us help you as you get back on track.

I expect you to continue to post your food. Even on "bad" days when you want to pull your hair out and you've fallen into the silken embrace of too much food again. That accountability can really help.

Two days.. four days.. a week.. it doesn't matter how long you've BEEN off plan. What matters is what you do today, hour by hour, to get back on track.

*hugs from Maryland* We're close, you and I. I work downtown, and live up in Germantown. We're about the same weight. It's like I'm reading my own posts when I read yours. I always look forward to them.

Don't let this set-back discourage you more than it already has. No Guilt, and Move On. And if you need someone to talk to, drop me a note. I'd love to chat.