Old 08-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #1  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Default August Non Scale Victories

So, I wanted to start a new thread.

But, I was doing pilates this evening, and I realised I can touch my toes without bending my knees. Yay!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:17 PM   #2  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Becoming more flexible is awesome!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:18 PM   #3  

Hey Gym Bunny - Isn't that awesome to be able to really streach and touch the floor.....I love that! Plus is is just as important as cardio and weights.
I was looking at your Blog pictures and you already look like your own younger sister.....lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #4  

Well done!!! I just tried it, and I can do it too!!! I may not be able to borrow your size 16 Warehouse skirts, but I can touch my toes!!! (my dress size envy of YP1 is a bit of a running joke!)

My non scale victory is being able to do 10 minutes on the stepper and keep my heart rate at 150. I started doing it just over a week ago and my heart rate whizzed up so high I had to stop after 3 minutes.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:23 AM   #5  

I started my hiking season last week-end. Went to Mount Sutton in the easternTownships (just a few miles from US border.)

Usually this 3000ft mountain is a big challenge for me. Last Week-end however it was a piece of cake....Can<t wait to try mount Washington in september (6288 ft).

Aint no mountain high enough!!!
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:25 AM   #6  

I'm no longer the biggest one in group pictures......
Old 08-02-2005, 10:30 AM   #7  
Downsizing Dee!

I've made it back into my plus size 16 pants - regular 16s can't be too far off now, can they?

Way to go everyone!!!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #8  

Dee- no, the 16's are just afew hangers over in the closet....lol
Old 08-02-2005, 02:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Star, isn't it great the first time you realize that you're not the largest person when you are in a photo or walk in a room? I think it makes a big difference in how we feel about ourselves.

Congrats on the size 16, Dee! And frenchiepolarbear, even skinny people have a hard time with a 3,000 ft. climb so your exercise regime is really paying off.

After reading about the toe touching, I had to try, and was totally surprised to find out I can do it, too!! Also, after a session of stretching following my circuit training class this morning, I tried to touch the floor with my finger tips, and actually did it. Don't think I've done either of those things since I was in high school gym class!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:04 PM   #10  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I think I've started something here

I like the not being the biggest in the room thing. Quite a few of my friends are quite big, I ordered exactly the same top - same size, everything, as one of them mail order. When it arrived I was amazed how much baggier it was on me, as I never realised I'd got thinner than she was. Not in a competitive, mean sort of way, but it's great to be thinner than someone!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:11 PM   #11  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

I purchased a men's size XL shirt for work and was surprized at how loose it is! Thought it would shrink after I washed it as it's 100% cotton but it didn't! I am convinced it is a XXL and was mislabeled at the factory.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:08 PM   #12  
30lbs gone forever!!

I was amazed today when we went out to eat, that I was no longer self-concious that someone was watching me eat and thinking "Haven't you had enough yet?". I've gained so much confidence in myself by losing some weight! I'm even going to go to the gym (with my size 0-1 sister even) which I was too embarrassed to do before. Losing weight is great
krysidaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I was so excited by this one that I had to rush back and post. We were walking the dog through a school yard, and exited through an opening that had a post in the middle, kind of like a turnstile that doesn't turn. I've always hated those because I was almost too big to fit through even sideways. Today I turned sideways, sucked in my gut, and went through--and realized that I really didn't have to turn sideways (and that I didn't have much of a gut to suck in!). That was so cool!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:38 AM   #14  
Dream Big!

Lots of great victories to read about and yes,....I did indeed stand up to see if I could first... see my toes and then...be able to touch them!!!

My victory is in having put on a pair of pants yesterday for work, that I had worn on my job interview July 20th and my son asked whose pants I was wearing because they were huge. There's only been a few pounds difference showing on the scale but big changes in how clothes are fitting me. I took those pants off and went shopping in my closet for a smaller size!
BarbaraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #15  

Being behind the wheel of a Ford Focus and feeling very comfortable and not smushed between the seat and steering wheel.......
Being able to shop at NY&Company......
Trying on underwear at Victoria Secret without having the size 2 sales girl give me a look like - "What are YOU doing here?"

Last edited by Star; 08-03-2005 at 09:44 AM.