Old 08-16-2005, 08:56 PM   #1  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Default OT: Rant about a personal ad

I don't know about you, but when I read some of the criteria people put in personal ads, it makes my blood boil. And I'm not even lookin'. I can understand people being attracted to blonde haired individuals or other characteristics. But to write a checklist like this guy did in a personal ad...Oh, my. Is it a big surprise to see he's divorced?

I had to write about it.

After reading what he said, I thought how this guy should get to know some of the fantastic people here from 3FC. I'd wager there's not a one of us who meets his criteria, but I'd say we ALL have a better handle on what's important in life.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:06 PM   #2  
30lbs gone forever!!

Quote:
If you feel you meet these basic requirements, e-mail me.
Basic requirements? lol!

I think this guys got a thing for anorexic girls. I can't imagine how awful I'd look at 115lbs or less (I'm 5'5"). What's going to happen if he finds that 5'5" 115lb girl and she gains 10lbs? Is he going to leave her? You're right, it's no wonder he's divorced.
krysidaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:10 PM   #3  
Howie6267's Honey

Yeah, I'm sayin'!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:45 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

OMG, no salad eaters need apply. He doesn't want an anorexic, he wants a bulimic (sp?). Someone who can eat a full meal with his athletic & beautiful bodied self without getting over 115. We should sign him up for lots of spam
JuliaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:18 PM   #5  
Howie6267's Honey

...Or mailing lists for guys who like BBW's. *snort*
Old 08-16-2005, 11:29 PM   #6  

Well, this guy really does need some emails guys..LMAO!!
No, I'm Sweet Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:32 PM   #7  
Howie6267's Honey

Oh, I sent him one before I wrote my entry today. It was a very abbreviated version, basically saying he's in for a long and lonely road ahead.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:35 AM   #8  
a new year... a new me

he makes himself sound like an ***. and i'm not saying that because i'm fat. i'm saying that because he is an ***. LOL i'd probably have even thought it when i was thin.
shedilbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:47 AM   #9  

OMG, now that was what I like to refer to as "special." So, the woman can't eat salads, but she has to be no more than 115 pounds? Hummmmmmmm wonder how that works. I think you are right JuliaTN, he must want a bulimic. My guess is that this man is very short. I've found, though it is not always the case that many men don't like a woman to be taller than them. I bet he is 5'6. If he is not short, then he is probably a controlaholic and wants someone who he thinks he can dominate just because of her size...yeahhhhhhhhhhhh
Universityprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:50 AM   #10  
Downsizing Dee!

I feel sorry for the people who can only see people for what they are on the outside. If the whole world felt that way, there'd be an awful lot of lonely people out there.

I think my personal ad would go something like this:

I'm a white female, morbidly obese. I have brown hair - not brunette, not chestnut, just brown. I have lumps in all the wrong places and I could probably win an eating contest against any partner, hands down. I hate to exercise, I complain every step of the way. I have emotional baggage and an ill fitting wardrobe. If you think you can cope, drop me a line at [email protected].

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:02 AM   #11  
One pound at a time...

Boy oh Boy does that guy sound cold! To me a little too analytical for my tastes (can we say anal retentive?!?) I think just goes to prove how warped some people ideas are when goes to the "perfect" partner. You are so right Kimberly, he is going to have a long and lonely (bitter) road ahead.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:07 AM   #12  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Hmm. When I read "I don't want to meet any salad-eating, dull women." I didn't really think he was talking about not allowing salad in the house, but rather that women who are so obsessed with what they eat that they eat only salad are not something that he finds attractive. In "Good in Bed" the protagonist meets a woman who has for lunch in a fancy restaurant, lettuce. Dipped in vinegar. Not even a real salad. Now THAT is a woman obsessed with food.

Now granted, I agree with you on the rest of it. He comes off as arrogant, appearance-obsessed, and controlling. He has very precise requirements in what he's looking for. Athletic, slender, petite, intelligent, humorous, self-assured (career she loves). Heck, most models would be too tall for him. I think he'll have a hard time finding someone that fits that bill completely. His obsession with weight is rather annoying. What if she lifts weights? She could be extremely lean and muscular and "fit" and weigh a lot more than that. *chuckles, imagining a small woman with nice muscles, who could even weigh more than he does if he doesn't have a lot of muscle on him*

I mean, I wish him well. But I think he's losing out on a whole bunch of cool people by making his restrictions so tight.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Ok what's wrong with me??!!! Wait don't answer that but this instead. I can't see the letter all I see is Click to enlarge. I tried lastnight nothing!!! I was using netscape then I opened IE still nothing! I want to read it!! I feel so left out.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:21 AM   #14  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I noticed how he didnt say anything about what he looks like physically (except for "well built." If any women who did fit those requirements saw the profile, they'd probably notice that as well. He's also 37, and he wants someone 25-33. Probably younger because the more mature women would tell him to go to ****. What a loser

I agree - he needs some email
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

OMG. Well thanks for the laugh. It really surprises me the number of personals that have that type of requirements (my coworkers check out the personals).

LOL @ Dee. I like your ad.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote