Old 07-30-2005, 11:49 AM   #31  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

7-29-05 - woke up at 8:30

8:50
1 1/2 c. oatmeal with 1 scoop protein powder

3:00
Wendy's mandarin chicken salad (with almonds, without noodles, 1/2 packet of oriental sesame dressing)

5:00
3 sl. ham
1 oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. peanuts

7:00
green salad w/ 1/4 c. croutons
bleu cheese dressing (I dipped my fork in it)
1 spoonful of broccoli cheese soup (I had a taste of Hubby's)
6 oz. sirloin
steamed broccoli
corn on the cob

liquid
96 oz. water
48 oz. diet Coke

exercise
It wasn't "formal" exercise, but I did spend about 10 minute moving desks from one room to the other, and it took me about an hour to put up my word wall, which involved stepping up and down on a desk.

notes
There was a pretty big gap between my first and second meals. I didn't plan it that way. I ended up staying at school much longer than I expected! This is often the case during the school year as well. (I leave the house at 6:45 and lunch isn't until noon.) My plan is to stash some protein bars in my desk.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:31 PM   #32  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I know what you mean about worrying, Alpha-Laura, but try not to berate yourself too much for going off plan. Instead, use that energy to focus on getting right back on it. So far, you've had 600 kcals more than you'd planned. Well, that's not gonna undermine your efforts much, if at all, just as long as you don't allow it to continue.

Have you thought about the reasons why you went over on your eats? Stress from the visitors, perhaps? I've used food as an emotional crutch for as long as I can remember, and I'm discovering if I can be honest with myself about what I'm feeling when I reach for food (often easier said than done), I have a better chance of reigning it in and finding an alternative way of coping. YMMV, of course--just my two penn'orth.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:04 PM   #33  
Laura

Thank you SO much Ali! (((HUGS))) Yes, I think stress...I was a mad woman trying to get things cleaned and prepare food. The first day, I just got over hungry and I ordered an extra burrito with dinner (Taco Bell) thinking I had the calories to spare and then found out that night that I didn't. Yesterday, I just made so much good food (all good for you though! ) and I actually watched my portions really well...but when I started adding it up at the end of the night, I was over. Anyway, today was a REALLLLLY hard day but I stuck to it. I'm so completely exhausted and it's super hot here and the kids are driving me BANANAS! THIS is the kind of day that is my most trying - I WANT to EAT, as a reward! Ya know? But, I didn't! I STUCK TO IT! I just kept remembering that I want to do this and your post, Ali, that I read this morning helped me - just to see that someone was listening. I'm so needy today!

Anyhow, posting early because I think I might go to bed with the kids at 9 - THAT's how tired I am, I NEVER go to bed that early! But, I've got to get a good night's sleep (pray that the baby sleeps tonight) because I promised DD I'd take her to the carnival tomorrow.

Okay...rambling again,

Saturday:

Breakfast: Kashi & 1% milk
Lunch: Turkey sandwich (ciabatta, turkey, light mayo, provolone, onions), potato salad (homemade)
Dinner: Italian Salad (lettuce, provolone, salami, pepperoni, onion, vinegar & oil), wheat thins
Snacks: none
Drinks: water

kcal: 1693

Exercise: I got in a half mile walk this morning before it got too hot.
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 01:51 AM   #34  
Made in England!

You're welcome, Laura. Well done on conquering the Food Demon today!

Believe me, you are not alone. I've got some major stress approaching next month: first MIL is visiting and then SIL will be staying with us for several weeks until she finds her own place. The very idea of sharing my kitchen with someone else is genuinely frightening for me. I have OCD and I have no idea how we'll all cope with it. I'm trying to be honest with myself about my feelings, and share them with my hubby (who is understanding and supportive, thank goodness), but man, it's difficult when I'm used to bottling things up and self-medicating with food. Anyway, enough and onto my eats for today:

Sat 30/07:

Breakfast: Banana shake (6½ oz banana, crushed ice, ¼ cup 0% milk, ½ cup 2% plain yogurt, vanilla extract).
Lunch: 4 thin slices ham; romaine lettuce, 1 tblsp. sliced almonds, ½ cup croutons.
Dinner: 2 hotdogs in whole-wheat buns (172 g), 1 tblsp. lime mustard, onion, tomato.
Drinks: 750 ml coffee, 2½ litres water, 2 tins (355 ml each) beer.

Total kcals: 1404 (not incl. free veggies).

Exercise: 3.2 mile bike ride--not nearly enough.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:52 AM   #35  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

July 30, 2005
B: Tuna melt; 1 c couscous; 1/2 c carrots

L: 2 graham crackers and soymilk

D: roast chicken breast on whole wheat flat bread topped with BBQ sauce and romaine lettuce; 11 baby carrots

S: 2 peppermint patties; 1 slice lemon icebox pie
****total calories=2090****

Beverages: 12 oz diet cola; 80 oz water; 24 oz light van soymilk

Exercise: 8 Minute moves; 1.5 mile run; 8 minutes stretching
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:40 PM   #36  

7-30-05 woke up at 9:00

9:30
3 eggs scrambled in microwave
sliced tomato

1:00
1/4 c. peanuts
pear

2:00
3 fried chicken strips
1/2 c. red beans and rice
biscuit

8:15
whipped yogurt
3 sl. ham
1 oz. cream cheese
2 sliced roma tomatoes

11:15
large peach

liquid
2 c. decaf coffee
32 oz. diet Coke
72 oz. water

There was a big gap between my midday meal and my evening meal because I just wasn't hungry.

I didn't exercise. I have a thousand excuses why, but they all suck. I promise to get in 30 minutes of walking today!
Old 07-31-2005, 06:35 PM   #37  
Made in England!

A belated welcome to the thread, Jennelle.

Exercising is the part of my plan I'm most likely to fail at. 20+ years of inactivity (with only minor sporadic bursts) is difficult to overcome. I'm trying a new approach of exercising first thing on a morning so it's out of the way. I'm not sure it's any easier to actually get started, but I know I feel better throughout the rest of the day when I do it early on. Plus, it acts as a daily reaffirmation of my commitment to be healthy. Bleagh! That sounds really naff, but I'm not deleting it because I really believe a morning workout helps me to stay on track food-wise.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:12 PM   #38  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

July 31, 2005

B: 16 oz Perfectly Protein Soy Chai Latte

L: 2 graham crackers used to scoop up 4 oz unsweetened graham crackers

D: 1 bean and cheese burrito; 1 c brown rice; 3/4 c Southwestern black beans; 4 oz baby carrots

S: 6 peppermint patties; 1 oz Light Cheddar and Sour Cream chips; 1 whole wheat dinner roll with 1 TBS peanut butter and 1 TBS strawberry jam
*****total calories=1918*****

Beverages: 64 oz water; 32 oz calorie free orange drink; 16 oz Perfectly Protein Soy Chai Latte (listed above); 12 diet cola; 8 oz van soymilk

Day off from exercise. Running tomorrow.

Last edited by taekwondomom; 08-01-2005 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added late nite snack to food list; updated calorie total
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:14 AM   #39  
Laura

Such a fun day, spent at the carnival today EXCEPT I sunburnt my EARS! MY EARS! I have long hair, but I knew it would be hot so I put my hair up and I didn't even THINK about putting sunscreen on my poor ears! WAH! Plus, I have a burnt strip on one arm Obviously, I wasn't thorough enough with the sunscreen! LOL! At least the kiddos only got a couple of little burnt spots (tips of noses, crease of neck, etc) - better me than them.

Okay, food...

Sunday:

Breakfast: Kashi & 1% milk
At Carnival: 1 scoop chocolate mint ice cream in regular cone (shared with DS)
Late Lunch (at 4 pm): Burger King Grilled Chicken Sandwich & 32 oz cola
"Dinner" : granola bar and wheat thins
Snacks: sunflower seeds
Drinks: (cola above) and a boatload of water

kcal: 1728

Exercise: 5 1/2 HOURS spent at the carnival - walking (A LOT of walking), pushing stroller, standing, carrying DS (24 pounds!) - ugh, good workout!
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:56 AM   #40  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

WHEW, survived the weekend of having my parents, my sister, and my boyfriend all staying in my one-bedroom apartment! I won't post my food from over the weekend--it was my 3-day off-plan period, and we went out 4 times, so who knows how many millions of calories I consumed Right back on track today, though:
  • fish fillet
  • chicken w/hawaiian pineapple sauce
  • turkey burger w/bbq sauce
  • sandwich (haven't decided what kind yet, but probably just ham and swiss on some sort of multi-grain bread or whatever they have inthe cafeteria downstairs)
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:40 AM   #41  
Made in England!

Sun 31/07:

Meal 1: Banana shake (6 oz banana, crushed ice, ¼ cup 0% milk, ½ cup 2% plain yogurt, vanilla extract).
Meal 2: 2¼ oz tuna (packed in water & drained), 1 oz whole-wheat couscous, red & white cabbage, carrot, onion, yellow pepper.
Meal 3: Pineapple shake (crushed ice, orange extract ½ cup pineapple, 4 tblsp. pineapple juice, 1 cup 2% yogurt).
Meal 4: 4 oz chicken breast, 3 potato patties (baked), broccoli, 1 oz cheddar.
Drinks: 750 ml coffee, 2½ litres water.

Total kcals: 1431 (not incl. free veggies).

Exercise: 2 miles WATP, 7 mile bike ride.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:17 PM   #42  

*note to Alpha-Laura...I once sunburnt just the tops of my feet. "

Now, on to the journaling -

7/31/05 - woke up at 8:15

8:30
3 eggs scrambled in microwave
peach

12:00
6 oz. steamed catfish
1 c. yams
2 sm. bread muffins
2 tsp. margarine
green salad w/ 1/2 hard boiled egg
2 tbsp ranch dressing
a bite of hubby's chicken fried steak

5:00
30 seedless grapes

5:45
6 oz. tenderloin
3 tomato slices
3 oz. buffalo mozzerella
2 tbsp. Italian dressing (no carb)
Yoplait fat-free yogurt

11:00
30 seedless grapes
1 tbsp peanut butter

liquid
60 oz. diet Coke
16 oz. unsweet tea
88 oz. water

exercise
30 minute walk

I'd like to point out a small victory...my noon meal was at an all-you-can-eat buffet!

Last edited by Jennelle; 08-01-2005 at 12:29 PM.