Old 04-15-2005, 10:42 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Dana—Welcome Back. Glad to see you are still around. I used to have that all-or-nothing mentality as well. I finally told myself it was okay to slip up every now and then just don't let it be all the time. I'm sorry to hear your internship is so crappy. I've worked at one TV station and 2 different newspapers. A lot of it depends on management. When they got rid of our other manager (I won't go into the details), our whole environment here changed for the better. I actually enjoy my job again. e-mail or PM me if you have any questions. As for William, he's been having bad ear infections (taking 2 rounds of antibiotics and rocephin (sp?) shots to clear them up since October) and he has fluid in his ears that is not draining. His hearing is horrible and if not corrected he could lose all hearing so he is getting tubes put in his ears next month.

I'm not sure what I signed myself up for but my next two months are going to be super super busy. It was my idea to let Chris play baseball. This is his first year and he has practice 2x a week. He's playing in the town where I work (30+ miles from home). Until school is out, I will have to take a late lunch and drive to pick him up and bring him back. While he is practicing, I get to take care of the two said rugrats. they about run me ragged last night but at least I'm getting some extra exercise. The ball fields are right on the lake (I work in a tourist town) so I'm definitely going to have to invest in a harness for William to keep him from going swimming.

Oh and the melatonin seems to be working to help with the headaches. I took my 2nd dose last night and I didn't wake up with one and it's almost 10 a.m. and my head has yet to start hurting.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:11 PM   #17  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good news on the headache Dawnyal. I hope that really works for you. Ahh baseball. That is one of things I miss not having kids for. But we can watch our friends kids play so that will do.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:17 PM   #18  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Isn't it funny how these threads always get lost on our board???

So tomorrow is bring your kid to work day!! I am so excited! jacob is 4 1/2, but my boss said I could bring him. We worked it out so I'll only be in a 1/2 day. I think that's about the most Jacob could stand! He will be soooo excited when I tell him in the morning.

Been doing really good on my plan. Even when I get the munchies, I modify my plan, but am staying within my points!!!

How is everyone else???
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #19  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I, for one, want to hear the gossip about Dawnyal's old boss.

I wonder if I could bring my dog to work tomorrow? Or to my job interview?

Every time I go to start a new thread like this, I pause for a second before I hit submit & think, "No one cares. That kinda sh*t belongs in your journal." *shrugs*
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:30 PM   #20  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

Default one of those things...

I had a moment last night.

You know the stuff that's taken for granted by most people... fitting in a theater seat, fitting through a narrow passage, things like that? Well last night I was wathching a movie at home on the couch and I realized that I was sitting pretzel legged on my couch!!! I actually gasped out loud and Sam (roomate/best friend) asked what was wrong, I started to cry happy tears because I WAS ACTUALLY sitting pretzel legged on the COUCH!!! I haven't been able to do that for years! I was comfortable and limber and estatic over such a simple take it for granted thing. Sam hugged me and told me how great I was looking and how proud she is of me. Us actually, she's lost 15 pounds too! She's at 130 now. Lucky snot!!!

SAPF - they won't let you bring your dog, I tried on my boss, she said no way!
I don't have kids, I don't see what the big deal is... ha ha joking of course...
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:50 AM   #21  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My temp job ends today.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #22  
Long Time Member

Sorry to hear that...anything else on the horizon??
Old 04-29-2005, 12:06 PM   #23  

Sorry to hear that SAPF.

Sara--that is great. I love sitting like that.

I'm supposed to be working on that big tab today but as usual everyone else is running behind so I'm pretty much left twiddling my thumbs (or surfing the net) and waiting for everything to be ready. I'm hoping this one will be a bit more organized than the last and won't take as long to put together.

Mother Nature is knocking on my door now and is bringing with her a nice migraine, cravings, cramps, and no telling what else. I'm just hoping I can make it through today since I just took my maximum alloted migraine medicine for the next 24 hours a couple of hours ago.

Oh and my cell phone is on the fritz again. I've got it down with the shop guy and he always says "I call you in a few minutes." Well that 2 was almost two hours ago. I've got to keep reminding myself to check back with him or I'll be phoneless for the weekend. Not a good thing when my kitchen business needs calls made.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:23 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Freezing yogurt trick??

I have never heard of that one. Do you just "stick it in the freezer?" or is there more to it?

Sounds like you guys are busy busy!
Sheila: you are so lucky to be moving into a house of your own and hardwood floors are great!

Dawnyal: Aww,.. I hope your kiddos feel better soon but at least he didn't have pnuemonia. My 5 year old niece had surgery on her eye yesterday. I wont go into the details, but from what my sister told me, you would not be able to eat for awhile.

Howie: that letter to your dad sounded so sweet. Awwwwww

SPF: Good luck on on that medication/study. That sounds exciting!

Treefrogtoes: That is great! It seems to me that is those little things that can be the best sometimes and I will be glad when I dont have to worry about every place I go and every car I ride in being "fat girl friendly"

As for me, last week the vent/fan over the toilet in our bathroom starting leaking. When you use the toilet you get cold water dripped on your head. I saw the fix-it guy yesterday and he looked at it. The drywall and everything around the vent is all saturated and really not good. The upstairs neighbor's toilets and sink are *not* leaking so they do not know where the water is coming from. One of the "big wigs" of our apartment complex is coming over today in about 40 minutes and they are going to come look at it and decide what to do next. I would guess that there may be a leaking pipe up there somewhere and that they are going to need to cut up the celing to see. Last night hubby opened up that vent because it was leaking more and a bunch of water fell on him:-P
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:49 AM   #25  
Long Time Member

Today is the 1 year anniversary of my dad's death. Mom and I plan to go out to the cemetary and plant some flowers. Last night when we were at Target, I was paying and a man was walking by, he looked right at me and smiled. He looked just like my Dad. I burst into tears right there at the checkout. It was so wierd. I really feel like my Dad came down to tell me that he is still here and watching over me. It was the strangest thing.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:50 AM   #26  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Aww, Sandi, a few years after my mom died, Rob and I went into a church and I lit a candle for her. I wasn't expecting it, but I just burst into tears. I feel like my mom watches over me too. Take care.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 05:09 PM   #27  

Oh, Sandi I wish I could give you a real hug. I can't believe it's been a year already! The thing with the man a the checkout isn't strange at all, that's just life's way of letting you know that your dad is always with you. Just be open to these little moments and cherish them, because they are so easily missed. Please take it easy and take care of yourself today. I know your mom needs you, but remember, you need you too.

Love ya bunches!
Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:22 PM   #28  
mom5kidz

OK, that was weird I was typing away and my post disappeared Oh well

I just wanted to say, Beverly and Marge, you ladies are awesome. You have lost a tremendous amount of weight. I can't wait for my ticker to read that.

Today has been slow yet progressive - I've done laundry, cleaned house, the girls cleaned their room, ran the dishwasher - and I'm still trying to find things to do. Hmmmmm wonder if ME nesting means that my new g'baby is going to be here soon

I don't know how I miss this thread, but I'm glad I found it.
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 12:20 PM   #29  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Wow, I have completely missed the existence of this thread! I keep just going into my User CP and checking up on threads I have posted on previously, so when new ones come about, I miss them--like this one! But, I've found it now, and that's all that matters.

Treefrogtoes--it's definitely the little things! I know my boyfriend wants to go to Busch Gardens this summer, but I can't help but be sooo afraid that I won't fit in the restraints on the roller coasters. I can't even believe I've gotten to the point where I have to think about that, ya know? So frustrating

Hope everyone has had/is having a great weekend (even with emotional memories of loved ones)!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #30  

SandiI think Beverly said it best. I hope yesterday went all right for you and your mom.

Kim Welcome over here. Glad you found us.

*Jill* How is it going? Are you still hanging in their with both jobs?

As for me, I'm at work on a Sunday afternoon since I didn't get the stuff for that big project until like 3 p.m. on Friday and I have to leave before noon tomorrow to take William to his pre-op appt. Hopefully he'll be well enough to get the OK for his tubes. If he is then I'll also get him pre-admitted for the operation on Thursday.
I got my Body for Life stuff all organized over the weekend. (Yippee) and I'm ready to get started. I had planned on being a brand new member of the local gym but the guy that owns it is super hard to get a hold of and we can never seem to get him to sign up. Oh well. I'm just going to do the upper body workout at home in the morning and if necessary some cardio on Tuesday. I'll have to figure out something else on Wednesday for the legs since my exercise equipment at home is very limited. I'm not going to let it get me down. I'm ready to take this challenge head on.