View Poll Results: How much money per WEEK do you spend eating fast food or in restaurants?
I don't eat out even once per week. 4 13.33%
$5-$10 5 16.67%
$11-$25 9 30.00%
$26-$40 7 23.33%
>$40 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2005, 03:11 PM   #16  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Aaaaargh: Appetite suppressant .
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 03:17 PM   #17  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

we go out once a week, sometimes twice. Usually something we normally wouldn't cook at home, like Indian food, Thai. I think for us cutting back on eating out really made a difference budget wise.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 03:28 PM   #18  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

When we do go out to a sit-down place like Tumbleweed, Smokey Bones BBQ or Applebee's, we've found that many of their entrees are HUGE. Most of these places serve two butterflied chicken breasts if you order chicken, so we've decided to order one entree and an extra side dish and split the meal. One place in town serves such a huge amount of meat and veggies for fajitas, we were able to split it (got a few extra tortillas) and take more home to enjoy later.

Great for the pocketbook and for the diet!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 05:43 PM   #19  
missaprylj

I think that part of it is that in our town (less than 8000 people) there isn't anything for us to really DO (especially after dark) but go out to eat. *sigh*

Finger chili: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 08:58 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I ususally eat out maybe once and make a couple of dunkin donuts runs. don't know if that counts though i've cut back, i swear!

dragonwoman, thai and indian are two of my favorites! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm. drool.

Ewwwww, that finger in the chili thing is narrrrrrrrrrrrsty! ick! kimberly i remember howie saying that he's a big fan of wendy's chili... eeek! bummer.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:44 PM   #21  

Unless there is a special social event scheduled, the only times i eat out is at Subway's; maybe once or twice a week. I rarely eat cafeteria food at work. I'd say that i spend around 20$ a week eating out....

@Gardenwife: I travel quite often to the US and i find that restaurants serve gigantic portions. I remember one time in particular. I was coming back from a Day Hike in the White mountains. You can imagine that after 8 hours of mountain hike i was very hungry. The sandwich i had at noon was clearly not enough. Just before crossing the border to Canada i stopped at a local Pizza Joint in Derby Line (VT) I ordered a small one and iwas barely able to eat half of it. It was like a "large" one in Canada....
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:17 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I used to eat out at least 5x a week for lunches and many times dinner. I now "treat" myself to usually 1 time a week with the coworkers so it's between 5-10.

apryl--if you just cut out one to two of those and buy health stuff to prepare for your lunches/dinners. You really will save a lot of money. The extra money you could put into an account and save up for shopping
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote