Old 02-02-2005, 03:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Right now I've been giving my clothing to my coworkers but unless they start losing weight, I can't see giving them clothes that may or may not wear anytime soon. The rest of the clothes I'm currently in, at the rate I'm going, I'll probably wear them out. Hopefully I'll start going down in sizes and be able to pass along some nice clothes.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:38 PM   #17  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Sandi is checking into the idea. She not sure if there are rules against this on 3fc or not. So we will see what she says. No biggie if we can't. I just thought it would be a neat thing to have on the site.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:20 PM   #18  
Uber-Moderator!!

Howie and Mrs. Howie

Another site you might want to check out is Craigslist - it's THE place to buy/sell/trade here in the Bay Area, and fast growing in other regions. In fact I just checked and they have a site in your area: http://montreal.craigslist.org/

Check 'em out - best of all it's *free* to list (they only charge for job listings).
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #19  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

We're in Ohio, though...LOL

There is a Columbus Craigs List group, though. I joined and looked through things a few months back when we were looking into stuff for our kitchen remodel. The price of gas makes a lot of stuff cost prohibitive if it's not right in our town, though. CL's site design is sooo busy it makes my eyes cross. Someone needs to tell them about the value of white space, LOL!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:31 PM   #20  

Funniegrrl: I think you misunderstood my post, or perhaps I worded it poorly. In using the phrase "making a buck" I was not implying that it is wrong to want to recoup some of your original investment for any reason and said as much. And in any case was not replying to your suggestion of using ebay, rather to the original idea of the clothes swap. I apologize if you took my post personally or felt it was in some way meant as an argument to your idea of selling clothes.

We all have differing opinions and ideas but certainly there is room in the 3FC forum for us all to learn from each other without anyone feeling judged or attacked. I don't think that is anyone's intention. Again, I apologize it that was your take on my post.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:21 PM   #21  
Live for the Moment!

Wow - I think the sticky idea is a good one too!

Oh, and Frenchie - good job on the loss!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:13 AM   #22  

Howie, my husband is a big guy and could definitely use some of your old clothes. I've pretty much donated most of my plus size clothes but I think I may still have one box full of mostly elastic waisted jeans and a few sweatshirts and t-shirts. I would totally be up for sending them to whoever could use them! What a great idea!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:10 AM   #23  

Wow!!! Did not expect my little ad to to go that far....

Good move Howie for pushing the idea of a clothes exchange thread
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:21 PM   #24  
Born Loser

There yours if you want them Beverley. Right now I have a few pairs of 58s and severl 5x shrits. You can send me a PM if you think you can use them. I am a 30 in length. For such a tall guy I have short legs. Soon I will have some 54 casual pants that fit more like 50 - 52s and some size 50 jeans. I'm still wearing them right now. Even though I can fit in 48s and am on my way to 46's I just have not bought new ones yet.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #25  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Thanks Kimberly for the free cycle link. I need to clean out my attic and stuff, and had been taking a lot of stuff to Goodwill. Now I have another place where I can give away the things I don't use anymore, and it would be neat to find someone who needed it.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:41 PM   #26  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi guys!!!

Howie had PM'd me the other day and asked about the possiblity of making a clothes swap sticky. Here's the scoop. We can't make it a sticky because that would imply the admins and moderators of 3FC are responsible for the swap, and we can't get involved in personal transactions. However, If you want to handle it privately (Maybe post a cloths swap thread and have people PM you) and as long as there is no money involved then go right ahead.

Thanks!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:05 PM   #27  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have a huge pile of clothes in my basement that I keep throwing in things that are too big on me, a lot of size 28/26 pants and 24/26 shirts and such. If anyone is interested, let me know. I have a variety of things.

Mostly, I just keep piling things up then take a bag or 2 to donate once in a while. This morning, I was kind of bummed because I tried on a sweater that I bought lost year and really really liked, well it is way too big. Then I put on a pair of pants and even though they are size 28, I thought they were fine, until I got to work and I keep having to pull the things up and are obviously way too big. These were one of my favorite ones too, oh well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #28  
Born Loser

That's fair enough Sandi. I guess this is as good as thread as any. So it looks like we are already doing that. So post if you have em and then people can PM you to take care of shipping.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:47 PM   #29  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I'd suggest that as the clothes are given away, the original posts are edited to reflect this. That way it won't be a matter of the "takens" being posted way down in the thread and missed by people just reading it.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote