Old 01-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #16  
Live for the Moment!

Congrats to you all on those NSV's! Definetly some great ones! Like really, who can stop at 10 chocolate almonds!??!

As for me, #1 - Getting back on plan - it sure took awhile but I think i'm getting back into the swing of things very nicely!

#2 - Pushin' it at the gym - Since I quit smoking, I noticed that I can keep my average heart rate around 160 without feeling horrible. When I was still smoking, I could comfortably maintain around 140 without getting out of breath!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

That's wonderful, Celina! You should be really proud of yourself for quitting.

Well, tonight we went out to dinner on the spur-of-the-moment, and I had grilled fish, roasted new potatoes, and broccoli. My son had peanut butter pie, and my DH had pecan pie for dessert. The waiter brought an extra fork and napkin for me, and it remained untouched in the middle of the table. I'm so proud of myself!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:34 PM   #18  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

WOW sheila, peanut butter pie? I've never heard of that but I LOVE peanut butter and I wouldn't have been able to resist even a small bite.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I guess I have a NSV, I haven't been losing, infact I've had a long long PMS (going on the second week now). My scale is going to areas it shouldn't be, but I'm still exercising and staying semi on plan. Eventually my bloating will go away (in like 16 days), and the scale will go down, so I'm pretty proud that I can get those extra 4 pounds and keep on keeping! heh.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #20  

Yesterday evening, i was doing closet clean-up and found my old pants i use to wear for formal occasions. They're size 46 and tried them on as i may have to go at job interviews....

I cannot even wear them anymore; i mean even with a belt, i would simply look ridiculous as there is at least 4 inches of free space....

On a similar issue, as some of you may know, Swimming is now a part of my weight loss routine.....I guess I'll have to change my XXL size swimsuit; as i'm starting to loose it while in the pool, and don't want to be arrested for indecent exposure
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:42 AM   #21  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

That is a great feeling when you no longer fit in your pants. I had to wear my dress slacks this past week for a business trip and they are the same way.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:55 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

FINALLY a NSV to report. I've been doing horrible at eating after dinner. Not necessarily because I'm hungry. Mostly because I was bored. Well last night after I ate my yogurt for dessert, I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Well Jeff came in the room with peanut butter and crackers (one of the things I've been binging on) and offered me some. I didn't even take one cracker!!! I hope I've finally broke this eating whatever whenever cycle I started back in the middle of December!!!
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:29 PM   #23  

That's great Dawnyal - sounds like you're being really strong!

As for me, well today I hosted a major event for work, and gave a presentation to 30 or so people. I felt really confident, and really enjoyed it, and several people complimented me on how I looked....I am sure that losing weight made me feel much more comfortable about being the centre of attention.....
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:50 PM   #24  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I think I am finally in the right frame of mind. While out shopping today I got hungry ~ used to be I would get candy bars, or cookies or chips for a snack (or all of that). Now I have begun to carry a spoon in my car, and I got one of those yo-crunch yogurts. It was really neat ~ it was the one with mini M&M's to add in for the crunch ~ the color started to disolve off the M&M's and swirl in with the yogurt ~ it looked so pretty ~ LOL ~ I felt like I was having a real treat even though it was just yogurt.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:59 PM   #25  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Something that is pretty decent is to get a yogurt and place it in the freezer and it kind of makes it chilly and dessert like. I LOVE yoplait nonfat yogurts because they are only 90 calories and have real fruit. What I have been eating lately is low fat cottage cheese (80 calories for 1/2 cup) with frozen blueberries (1/4 cup is 17 calories) mixed together and maybe a little artificial sweetner. Also very dessert like.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:54 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Excellent job, everyone! I love reading your NSVs. Watching the scale go down is great, but hearing all the wonderful NSVs is truly an inspiration.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:34 AM   #27  
Live for the Moment!

Nelie - What marvelous ideas! I always have Silhouette yogurt in the house and have been trying to think of different things to do with it.. I'm gonna put one in the freezer tomorrow while eating dinner to have for a late dessert!

Haven't tried cottage yet except in Lasagna and am wondering if I would like it with fruit... They sell those little combo's here, maybe I should try it.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:48 PM   #28  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Default yogurt idea

I bought some Cassia cinnamon from Penzeys.com and I use it with yogurt and a chopped up apple. I wouldn't have thought a kind of cinnamon would make any difference, but this is delicious, especially with peach yogurt.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote