Old 01-01-2005, 12:26 PM   #16  
Aunt to many Mom to none.

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up Count me in!

I've been drinking lots of soda! I stopped drinking regular pepsi over a year ago, and am now 'addicted' to diet pepsi. I used to drink 100+ oz of water a day, and recently(since sept), I haven't more the 4-8 oz a day, but my soda intake is nearing the 100oz mark!
I'd like to drink 32oz (one sports bottle) of water for every can of soda. Also, instead of soda with meals, I want to drink a glass of skim milk, and instead of drinking tons of soda while sitting at the computer and such, I will have my water bottle with me.

At work (pre-school), we serve hot lunch. I eat what the kids eat (this is also where I consume the most soda), and it's very fatty, salty and 'bad'. I have the stuff to make lunches at home, but always forget. I usually work 5:30am(kids arrive at 6am) -1:30. So I guess I just need a healthy snack, I can eat lunch at home. I also don't eat breakfast at home, don't have time. I would like to some how, remember to make my lunches and snacks to bring to work and figure out how to eat a 'big' healthy breakfast at work.

Those are my first two 'habits' to change. Goodluck everyone and Happy New Year! ~Tina

Last edited by mrs_streams; 01-01-2005 at 01:19 PM.
mrs_streams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Okay, here's my report for the first two days of eating at the table only.

It's hard!

I keep forgetting and when I'm dishing out my 20 green olives, I put a couple in my mouth. I did eat popcorn yesterday at the table, and also my smoothies. So I can report progress, but not 100% compliance.

How is everyone else doing on changing your habits?
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Finally back here and this is what I'm working on as my first habit to change--I'm horrible at brushing my teeth. I admit it. I'm lucky if I brush them every morning. My goal is to get to brushing my teeth at least 2x a day and will start brushing them after dinner if I find myself wanting to graze.

WTG Sheila. I know I tried to eat at just the table and it worked for a week or two but I started back into my old habits. that one is definitely on my to do list but I'm not ready to tackle it just yet.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote