Old 11-18-2004, 09:45 AM   #1  
There is no try, only DO

Default Been away

Hi all

I've been away a while.. bit over a week I think. Scale crept back up to 297 on me and I needed to clear my head, look at my choices and re-evaluate.

I'm glad to say I've made my own personal plan, and with that I've dropped 8 pounds since the 10th. A lot of it was probably water, but that's ok. I'm finally out of the 290's FOREVER. When I got up this morning and saw 289 I was pretty close to tears. After spending a month and a half going up and down the same few pounds I didn't think I would ever get below 290.

I get my early Christmas present treadmill in less than a week, so, I'm excited on that front too. I'm looking forward to exercising.

I've still got a long way to go, but today the sky seems another shade of blue and the horizon doesn't look so bad. I'm glad to be back and have missed you all.

Here's one giant - happy birthday - congratulations on pregnancy - hugs & support if you need it - congratulations on your successes - for all that I've missed.

Heather
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Heather congratulations on your loss. It great your new plan is working. I think that sometimes we all need to take time and re-evaluate or weight loss plan. You're doing great!!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:19 AM   #3  
It can be done!!

Wink

Heather,
Im new to the boards and you have inspired me I have a 150 pounds to loose
Ive been doing weight watchers off and on but I got up this morning and said this is it!!!! Im going for it
Stacy
smb_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:59 AM   #4  
Getting back on track!

excellent news Heather. Good bye and good riddance to the 90's!!! Bring on the 70's YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Hello Stacey! Keep going for it!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:26 AM   #5  

Heather, I'm so happy to hear that you were able to tweak your plan and come up with something that worked great for you. It's extremely hard when we get "stuck". Excellent job at getting through a low point!! 8lbs since the 10th is a huge achievement!!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #6  
Crazy Canuck

Congrats on your renewed motivation, Heather. I almost did add lil_cara_mia to the MIA thread (seemed appropriate), but figured you'd be back once you'd sorted yourself out, and here you are all ready to go again and well on track!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:55 PM   #7  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up

Welcome back, Heather!! I'm so glad to see you back and with a renewed focus! Sincere congratulations on your progress, I agree with Mez, it really can be necessary to tweak and refine, regroup and rethink what you're doing till you find what works NOW. It's all a work in progress, and in your case right now we're emphasizing the PROGRESS! Woo hoo! And BIGTIME congrat's on the treadmill.....that is going to make SUCH a difference in your plan, I think. It's so great to be able to manage your own exercise time within your own home. For the some folks, the gym is IT and works beautifully; for others of us, it's more manageable to have yourself set up at home. So congrat's! I can't wait to hear how you like it!

Again, welcome back -- and kudo's on responding positively to what could have been a setback. I think you reacted beautifully, and look how it turned out!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:00 PM   #8  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good for you Heather. Your doing great. So what is your plan now?
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Yeah Heather. I'm glad to hear you've kissed those 90s good bye. Next thing you'll be telling us your nearing ONEderland. Way to go on finding a plan that works for you.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:06 AM   #10  
There is no try, only DO

Thank you all for the warm welcome back and as always so much support! I really missed you all, and it's good to be back.

Mez, thank you.. and yes, total re-evaluation was what I needed. The plan I had been doing worked for me once, but not the second time around. What I'm doing now seems to be working beautifully and I feel better than I have in a long time mentally and physically.

Stacy.. I've never been an inspiration to anyone before. Thank you for saying this, it really touches my heart. You will succeed on your plan, just have faith. There are so many good people here on this board that will encourage and support you in your journey. I'm glad you've found this place and have made the committment to yourself to do this.

Annie-Rose.. you know, I actually believe I CAN do it!! Hehe.. where's those 70's.. bring 'em on!!

Tammy.. thank you also.. getting through the low point was, well, a low point but I'm thankful to be through it and on my way.

Jillegal - lol.. yeah, the MIA cara_mia.. it fits.

Sarah.. it's good to be back, and I can't wait to get my treadmill! I spent $200 on a gym membership once and went 3 times lol. I just felt so out of place as the only fat girl there. I would like to go again when I'm smaller, but I think that's still a ways off. My plan now is to use the treadmill 3 times a day, with a 1 mile goal each time. I'm not sure that I'm physically able to make that yet.. but it's a goal, and eventually I'll get there.

Howie.. my plan is kind of a combination of plans. I took a little from the slimfast idea, a little from south beach, and a little low calorie idealism and rolled them together. I drink 2 Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks a day with skim milk, have 2 small low calorie snacks (celery, pickle, apple, etc.), and then I have one meal that is healthy carbs and high protien. I only drink water and a cleansing herbal tea (decaf) that I like. And lastly, I don't eat after 7 p.m. It really seems to be working for me and I feel great.

Barbygirl.. Onederland.. ahhh such a dream.. such a goal! I expect it will probably take me a year to get there, but that's ok, because I WILL get there one of these days!

love to you all
Heather
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote