3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Non Scale Victorys - November (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/48705-non-scale-victorys-november.html)

SwimGirl 11-13-2004 11:49 PM

Woohoo! Go Sarah! I love it when muscles become visible, it feels like you are working for SOMETHING! Keep it up :) I am always impressed with your devotion to exercise and proper eating, how about packaging some of that up and giving it to me for christmas? ;)

I have another one! I bought some pants in Seattle which were a little too small, I really really shouldn't have bought them, but I was in LOVE with them. Also, my brother paid, so they were free for me :) Anywho! I put them on to show my bf how much I still needed to lose in order to do them up, and they DID UP! Like I could wear them out done up! I'd still like to smooth out some of that tummy though. It's a start!

Keep those NSV's coming ladies and gentleman!! It means so much more than the numbers sometimes!

-Aimee

Sheila53 11-14-2004 07:26 PM

These November NSVs are absolutely the best! Kudos to everyone!

Here's my new NSV. After reading here that consignment shops may be the way to go, I took myself to one yesterday. I was quite nervous because I only buy Old Navy jeans because I know I can get into a sz. 12 quite handily, and an uncomfortable sz. 10. But I was worried that any other brand wouldn't fit. So I took a sz. 12 and a sz. 14 into the dressing room, all the while thinking, "What if neither of these fit? What if I'm really a size 16?" I was way out of my comfort zone. But I tried the size 12 no-name brand jeans on, and they fit perfectly! I didn't even put the sz. 14s on. I then went way out of the box and tried on a 3-piece outfit in a sz. 12 that I liked, and, lo and behold, it fit wonderfully. It's true, it's not a fluke--I really can fit into a sz. 12, any sz. 12!

teapotdynamo 11-15-2004 09:16 AM

Wow, that's great, Sheila! I'm sure we all can relate with taking in various sizes and the little games we play with ourselves about them. But a size 12 is FANTASTIC. I bet you're gonna save all kinds of money on clothes now that you can comfortably thrift shop! Congrats!

tkdkathy 11-15-2004 11:42 AM

Can I join you? I am new here, but I want to congratulate all of you on your victories. I think it is great that there is a place to record non-scale victories. Mine is that yesterday was my daughter's birthday, and I had just one small piece of cake, and took the time to enjoy it. Before, I easily could have had several pieces during the afternoon, evening, next day, etc....cutting down seems to be realistic for me. But I am happy I limited myself. :)

kjk123 11-15-2004 07:50 PM

Great NSVs, everyone...I just began (again) today, but I feel like I had a small victory of my own today. I made a menu for breakfast and lunch and stuck to it. I also made it through a whole day of work without a single drop of soda! To me, that's a big deal...probably also why I now have a huge headache. I got stuck at work really late today, so my exercise plans kind of got blown away. But I'm hoping that tomorrow, I can continue to stick to my food plan, and also get in that exercise! Way to go everyone!!!

howie6267 11-15-2004 08:18 PM

Good for you Kelly. I'm glad you did so well today.

rebelridergirl 11-16-2004 11:54 AM

Those are really great non scale victories. I know I'm posting late on this one, but I'm new! LOL! My victory for the month so far is that I can slide my jeans off easily without having to unbutton or unzip. No, this isnt the way I normally undo my pants, but I just tried it! It sounds kinda wierd, I guess, but I'm happy about it!!

Nellie and Howie I totally remember those days of "finding" body parts all of a sudden. One day when I was down to about 190 I was laying in bed napping on my stomach and it hurt so bad, couldn't get comfortable for anything. When I really got to seeing what hurt, it was my ribs that poked into my bed. It was such a new feeling. I had always had so much cushion before! That is so wonderful you guys! Keep it up!!
:cheers:

SkinnyBoPeep 11-19-2004 07:29 PM

Hee hee, rebelridergirl! I did the SAME thing with my pants the other day just to prove I could do it! So that makes me weird too...

My NSV comes from 4 airplane flights I was on for the business trip I took this week. When I flew last in August, I almost couldn't buckle my seatbelt and nearly had to ask for an extender.... :fr:

Three little months later (insert drumroll here) I had more than SIX INCHES OF SLACK IN THE SEATBELT on every flight!!!!!!!! :encore:

Hallelujah!

Sheila53 11-22-2004 11:49 PM

Wow! Six inches of slack--wonderful! I can just see you sitting there with this big grin on your face.

I bought a pair of knee high boots this weekend. I've never worn boots before (always afraid I couldn't get them around my calves), and always wanted to. Of course, I could barely walk in them, but they looked darn good! And they were a half size smaller than I normally wear, as are my new water shoes.

Also, as my DH and I were walking out of the restaurant tonight, he said, "that coat is so big on you." I bought the coat last November to wear to my daughter's graduation from boot camp. Unfortunately, it's the only good coat I have, and I haven't worn it that often. I suppose I could try to take it to a consignment store and see if I could get a couple of bucks out of it.

howie6267 11-23-2004 11:25 AM

Great vitorys all of you. I am just so on plan lately. It's like I had some trouble a couple of times in the summer and all most lost it at the end of summer but now I am just so on it's wonderful. I hope I stay in this gear. I so badly want to see 299 by spring.

barbygirl43 11-23-2004 05:50 PM

Look at all these great NSVs. I'm sure I'll have one to report one of these days :)

Howie. At the rate you are going, you'll probably be at 299 before Valentine's Day

howie6267 11-23-2004 11:48 PM

I'm shoting for March but Feb would be nice.

PamPSM644 11-24-2004 11:05 AM

:coffee2: This is a great thread. I've had a few vics lately,like not being winded after my walks and reaching places in the shower that I used to need a brush for.Looking forward to shopping for a new outfit for x-mas that isn't baggy.(All my cloths are now) I'll have more choises sence I'm a smaller size.Losing my double chin, I get a major charge of motivation when I look in the mirrow now. :sunny:

Fitbabe 11-28-2004 09:10 PM

Today I had my wedding band and engagement ring resized for the 3rd time! When I got married I barely was able to squish my size 9 rings on my finger. Today I comfortably wear a size 6!!!!

Also, I bought size 7!!! jeans and a Small!!! shirt off the clearance rack at Macy's today!