Old 10-26-2004, 04:28 PM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default The Biggest Loser - Week 2

For all the fans of this show, don't miss the new episode on tonight.

I don't believe that every week they will vote off the person that loses the least amount of weight. Say the guys that are up around 300 decide to break into their forbidden food fridges and don't lose very much or if there is someone who is being very negative and getting on people's nerves? Whatever. I'd have voted off Gary from the blue team if it was up to me, he seemed really annoying.

BTW, if you check out the nbc web site they have the teams stats, food journals etc.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:34 PM   #2  
missaprylj

That's cool. I found the girl they did vote out annoying as well though....

But what bothers me: obviously someone who weighs 175lbs. isn't going to lose as much weight as someone who weighs 400lbs. It seemed like they were disappointed in their teammates when that happened.

Also: Is it healthy to lose 25 lbs in one WEEK? Good luck keeping that off when they're not exercising 5 hours a day........

Anyway, I'll be out tonight, so could someone update me here? Thanks!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:00 PM   #3  
beautiful

i watched it tonight. it was so sad!
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:16 PM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I've got it on tape so I will watch when I get home.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:46 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

After further review, Aaron is still hottt.

I thought some of them were dumb, expecting to lose so much weight 2 weeks in a row. That's what I like about 3FC the best--there is ALWAYS someone here to bring you back to earth.

I liked that one of them said to the other, "I bet you lost inches, though"--it bothered me that they are not counting inches, muscle mass or doing blood tests for HBP, cholesterol, etc. Too much emphasis on numbers on a scale.

Aaron is still hot.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:10 AM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Ok, did they REALLY believe that they would lose 10-20 lbs this week too?? I mean they have had to have dieted in the past right?? We all know that their initial losses were unheard of...what did they expect? It just cracked me up that they were all so "stunned".

I think I'll visit the website. I'd like some more details.

Ryan - what a <insert your bad word of choice>!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:16 AM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I watched last night for the first time. I loved that show! I could relate to everyone there.. (except for that rude guy at the end - was that Gary?)

I know what it's like to get a scale and not get what you expected or thought you deserve - it's heartbreaking. I think we all can relate.

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:52 AM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

It was Ryan - I goofed.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

DANGIT!! I had class when it was on, and I forgot to tape it! It's always on Tuesdays, right? I'll definitely have to remember next time, I've been dying to check it out.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:18 AM   #10  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

You picked up on that too Sandi. I was laughing through part of the weigh in. I'm thinking come on you had to have dieted at some point and know the big losses were just water. That part just cracked me up. On the other hand I could feel for them not losing. That would be really hard to do all that work and then gain 3lbs like Matt did.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:51 AM   #11  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Well I think the trainers could have told them not to expect huge losses the 2nd week. Yes they did think they were going to have huge losses again. Matt says at one point before the weigh in that he was hoping for 10 lbs. It was sad that he gained 3 lbs, he looked utterly destroyed. I'm really surprised that Maurice didn't lose any. I mean the guy is like over 400 lbs and he's doing all this exercising and watching his diet and he didn't lose anything? I don't think that they are building that much muscle this fast such that the muscle weight would cancel out the fat loss. I agree that Ryan is a total twit for what he said at the elimantion and I"m not that keen on Gary either.

Right now if you had to make a prediction who would you think will be left at the end? I think Aaron has a good chance, right now he would be my pick.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I missed last week so I was playing catchup this week and their losses from the first week shocked me. I don't think if I went on one of those liquid diets and exercised as much as them would I EVER lose 20 pounds in one week (maybe 10) but sheesh to expect another big loss 2 weeks in a row.
Just by the quick eval of their plans I look for the blue team to do better overall in the long run.
I agree that they should be measuring so much more than just the pounds. on dr. phil didn't he go by the percentage of amount to lose. (ex. if you weighed 250 and wanted to lose 100 pounds and you lost 10 pounds that would be almost 7% of what you needed to lose.)
Maybe if they do it again, they'll add more variables.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:02 PM   #13  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen
Right now if you had to make a prediction who would you think will be left at the end? I think Aaron has a good chance, right now he would be my pick.
Oh, I would choose Aaron as my pick for lots & lots of things.

But I think you're right. He was saying that he grew up fat & lost a lot of weight about 6-7 years ago & just put it back on gradually. So he knows what to do, and how, it's just a matter of doing it. He even said at the lunch table, "There ARE healthy things we can eat here." and I thought that was a great idea to work out while the others were at the spa. I'm all for the Blue team.

I can't stand anyone on the red team except Matt. I'm sorry. The 2 dark haired girls are interchangeable as far as I'm concerned. Not even on my radar enough to remember their names & yes, Ryan is an for doing that to Lizzeth. I think they should've eliminated Dave.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:39 PM   #14  
beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchAPrettyFace
After further review, Aaron is still hottt.
Aaron is still hot.

mmmmm....... i definitely have to agree with that!
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:09 PM   #15  

It was heart wrenching to see Matt break down in tears at the sight of his 3lb. gain. I can't believe that they really expected a repeat of last weeks losses. They had to know better. It's almost as if they got so caught up in the game that they lost sight of the fact that losing the weight was real life. Their bodies aren't going to function differently just because they are in this game. I dunno, it was just sad to see such dissapointment in their faces. I also wonder if they're consuming enough calories for all the exercising they're doing? One of the trainers said their bodies were in shock from the first week. Maybe they switched right into starvation mode because of the drastic, sudden changes. I really wish they would focus more on the emotional and mental issues that accompany such a lifestyle change. And base who wins on more of an overall transformation rather than the most dramatic weight loss. More like the weight loss challenge from TLC did. Anyway, I'm still hooked and plan to continue to watch it, I just wish it was being done a little differently.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote