Old 10-18-2004, 02:33 PM   #16  
Getting back on track!

Did a mile with Leslie and I'm off to my Jazz dance class - I'm the worst dancer in the world but I go with some friends and we have the best laugh ever!
Nelie - hope you feel better soon. Drink loads, keep warm etc etc!!!
Heather I'm really proud of you 18 minutes is excellent.
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:25 PM   #17  
Abby's Mommy

Well its Monday, and I've officially started my week off right!! I didnt feel up to it, but I drug my sorry butt to the gym. I did 30 mins on the elliptical, a circut of the machines, and even tried out the free weights. I came home and did abwork. I feel 100% better! I stayed on-plan food and water wise as well today! YAY!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:30 PM   #18  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Great job, everybody! (Sheila, I'm so happy you're sticking with the stretching! )

I biked HIIT for 40 minutes, power walked for 1 mile, and did a brisk mile outside.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:42 PM   #19  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I suppose I shouldn't post in an exercise thread that I didn't exercise....

I went to the doctors today and she suspects that I have a viral infection but I won't know until tomorrow when the test results come back. Yesterday, I didn't even do yoga and today I didn't go to the gym and maybe I'll do yoga tonight. My body feels weak so I'm not sure If I can do it. Oh well, I suppose my lessened eating from my sore throat may make up for my lack of exercise
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:55 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

When you're sick, the best exercise is to bring a glass of liquid to your mouth and drink! That and finger exercises with the remote.

Hope you feel better soon. Those viruses can get your down so get plenty of rest.

Thanks, Sarah. I've got a "bad brain" that causes the muscles in my neck and upper back to contract abnormally (and painfully) and it really helps to stretch. I get lazy sometimes, but I'm making a conscious effort to do it every day no matter what.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 01:45 AM   #21  
Getting back on track!

Good morning everyone! (It's 6.40 am here)
I've just done a mile and a half weight loss walk.
Look after yourself Nelie!!!!
AmyJo you'll be there next week I just know it. I'm right behind you and may be there next week but if not the week after!!!
Woah Sheilah I've just realised how much weight you've lost. That's great. You are my new hero!!!
Lots of love to you Sarah and keep doing what you do!!
Lst night my dance teacher said i was her star pupil.... but she was being sarcastic! I think she's jealous because she hasn't got my 'originality' and er....enthusiasm????? Well yes I am rubbish at it but I'm having such a laugh - we're dancing to Robbie William's 'Rock DJ' and the Pointer Sister's 'Jump.' Very EXCELLENT! I'll let you all know when I'm on at Broadway and you can all have front row seats!!!!! Back to reality and off to work I go.
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:27 AM   #22  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

I walked 2 miles yesterday and just got back from 2 miles today.
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:21 AM   #23  
Jennifer

Did a pretty aggressive 30 minute (for me) leg workout this morning and could only manage 20 minutes of cardio after, because my legs were killing me. I was a little discouraged after. I've still got to find a way to do both. I may end up being one of those weirdos who goes to the gym twice a day!

I'm thinking of taking a Spinning class. Has anybody here ever tried it?
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:04 PM   #24  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Jennifer,

I've thought about and almost have gone to the gym twice a day, but I haven't crossed over to that point as of yet. I figure I have a lot of weight to lose and if I want, I can go to that when I am closer to my goal to kick myself in gear.

As for spinning, I haven't tried it but I have been staring down the spinning machines once in a while. Try it and let us know how it is. I was always worried about my ample booty and those tiny seats.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:33 PM   #25  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teapotdynamo
I'm thinking of taking a Spinning class. Has anybody here ever tried it?
I've never taken a class or ridden a spinning bike, but I do regularly go at spinning-level speeds during my intervals on my exercise bike. I understand that the classes can be excellent, and when you're on those bikes your body is in a very different position than when cycling on the traditional exercise bike. I know that when I'm biking at 26 mph, I have to straighten my back and sit up and forward in order to do it. And I LOVE how it makes me feel. (Assuming I can breathe!) Before my asthma got bad I was doing several minutes at a time, several sessions during a workout. Now I'm down to a single minute, and then I have to go down to 18-19 mph for air. So I'm doing more intervals to try to make up for it. But that wasn't really your question, was it? I would DEFINITELY try it -- it's awesome cardio. If it were I, I would mix it up though, alternating with the cross-trainer and elliptical, and some more steady rate biking (like 16-18 mph) with intensity intervals, as they're proven to have a more positive impact on increased metabolism than just steady rate alone -- no matter how intense the speed.

Go for it, and let us know afterwards how it went!
Old 10-19-2004, 12:48 PM   #26  
Jennifer

This may be a silly question, but what do you wear for biking? I don't want to wear anything that will get caught in the bike, but I don't really have any exercise shorts... hm. I may have to buy something for the occasion.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:52 PM   #27  
I climb mountains!

I think if it were I, I'd pick up a cheap pair of biking shorts (I'm thinking pass on the padded behind ) that don't roll up when you sit (and move while sitting) and wear them with a loose T. You're going to work up a real sweat, and you're going to be bent over while you're peddling just as fast as your little legs will go, so the last thing you want to worry about at that time is your clothing or any discomfort (psychological or otherwise.)

I'm excited for you!
Old 10-19-2004, 01:26 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

45 min. weight lifting
20 min. stretching
2 mile WATP (it's raining)
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:51 PM   #29  

I walked up and down 4 flights of stairs at work...TWICE...ON PURPOSE! Who is this girl?! Certainly not the one who had 1,001 excuses to avoid taking the stairs!
SkinnyBoPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:52 PM   #30  
Abby's Mommy

WAY TO GO US!!! WE"RE ON OUR WAY!!

Tuesday...Check!!

35 mins elliptical, arms, and abs! YAY!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote