Old 10-01-2004, 10:42 PM   #1  

Default Hello from the new girl - Here I Go Again

Hello, I am new! I have decided to label my first post, "Here I Go Again", because this is the fourth major attempt I have made to lose my weight.

I am a 29 year old mother with a two-year old and a very stressful job. Overweight nearly all of my life, I have decided again that I want to lose it all and see what skinny feels like.

I want to know what it is like to keep up with my beautiful daughter, what it is like to take her on amusement park rides, what it is like to sit with her at her kid table. But, most importantly, I want to set a good example for her and her health.

I will tell you, I am extrememly scared. But I am more scared to keep going the way I am going. Currently, I weigh 292.5 lbs. (5'6"). The highest I ever hit was 305 during my pregancy. The lowest I can remember is 165 during my Junior year of college.

I need help, I need support and I am hoping to find it here. I have read through a number of the posts and have found nothing but positive, friendly and genuine support and caring.

Can't wait to hear from you all! Thank You!
mommy2ashey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Welcome to the board! I know you aren't alone in making multiple attempts at weight loss, alot of us here have, myself included. You have already taken a major step in realizing that you need to lose, and wanting to work to achieve it.
Just take it one step at a time, one decision at a time and when you need help, feel free to come on here and post. I know that I may have given up already if it wasnt for all the great support and advice I get here:-)

*hugs* and once again, welcome!
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 01:06 PM   #3  
Abby's Mommy

Hi there, and WELCOME! You've made the first and hardest step, so you're on your way! Glad to see so many new chickies around here!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 04:03 PM   #4  
There is no try, only DO

Hi and welcome

I'm new here too. We're both starting at similar weights, and have 2 year old daughters. I'm a year older.. close enough!

If you need an ear, feel free to contact me anytime. Congrats with your determination to do this, stay strong and you will succeed!

Heather
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 04:24 PM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome you have found a great place to be. We have all been where you are now. I know the hardest part is getting started but you can do it. We are always here to help you if you need it. Look forward to hearing from you.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 04:26 PM   #6  
Getting back on track!

Hello there and welcome!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. I started out about where you are now and I too have an almost 2 year old (and an 8 month old too) and that is my main motivation is so I can be an active, healthy mom for my kids and not a sit-in-the-car and watch from the sidelines mom.
My advice to you is to start changing a couple of habits here and there (switch to fat-free or low fat items), add some exercise, etc. and don't try to tackle all of it at once.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:56 PM   #8  
Live for the Moment!

Oh Honey

You've definetly come to the right place if you're looking for a strong support system!

Welcome! Post often and I look forward to seeing you around!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote