Old 08-21-2022, 12:44 PM   #16  
Meanderer

Welcome back Running!
I seem to do worse dietwise in the summer also. For me it is a combo of special occasions and too much heat and humidity. More cals less exercise... Rinse repeat. Wishing you the best of luck with your goals!

Curvy - Your arb sounds lovely! I appreciate walking trails that are over a mile long but to have beautiful scenery to go with it is always a bonus.

Have a great day!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 12:20 PM.
KStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 09:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

RunningRedHead: Kayla, welcome back! Nice to see you posting again. I knew wedding prep took you away from posting but for some reason I thought the ceremony had already occurred. Never too late to reset and nothing wrong with wanting to look your best on your wedding day!

KStrong: Okay, upon first reading all I saw was 4 inch heels and became immediately envious. I've never been able to wear high-heels and am in awe of women who can and do it well. I can relate to your barking feet. I have a compromised ankle from being a passenger in a car accident in my late teens and it lets me know when I've annoyed it. Still, the walking keeps us both moving and does more to help keep us limber than if we weren't .
I hope everyone has had a great weekend. It was a pretty low-key weekend and I didn't do much out of the ordinary which is fine. My back continues to incrementally improve. I found some stretches on the internet that help to alleviate sciatica pain and they've helped considerably. The last few days of minimal sleep caught up with me and I slept pretty well this weekend. I'm still struggling with stiffness but it's not nearly as bad as when the pain started. A couple of Aleve before I go to bed helps as well. Our heat has eased up a bit and while it's still hot, it isn't oppressively so.

Wishing everyone good sleep and great start to your week!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 06:40 AM   #18  
Meanderer

. We begged for the rain and it finally gave a good gully wash.

Curvy, I'm so glad that you are feeling better and had a nice weekend!

Have a great week all!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-22-2022, 03:10 PM   #19  

KStrong: I heard about the Dallas downpour on the news! I'm certain the was a welcome relief but so much so fast on parched land is never good. From your post it sounds like you are on higher ground which is good. Both of my brothers live in Colorado Springs, CO and they were hit with similar rainfall late last month. Some days heavier than others but still too much for their region which was experiencing very dry conditions. Take care of yourself as you navigate the roads and getting out and about!
I'm about to head out and eat my lunch so I thought I'd drop by and send a quick post. The first half of my day was entirely Zoom meetings which was fine but made for a long morning. My back is finally feeling like it's back to normal. I took a walk last night after I ate dinner as a way of getting more mindful exercise into my routine. It felt good and because it has cooled off considerably, the walk was pleasant. If it hadn't been for all the watermelon I ate yesterday, I would have had a full night's sleep. Instead, my sleep was interrupted a couple of times during the night. Once right before my alarm was about to go off. With that stated, it does feel like a Monday!

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start
Old 08-22-2022, 07:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Thank you both for the welcome back!

KStrong: You make a great point about the heat and special occasions along with the less exercise—I have definitely not been getting out for walks as often as cooler months. So sorry to hear your feet are sore and uncomfortable. I’ve been on a mission to find shoes with nice high arches and I think I’m going to need orthotics because nothing is making the cut!

Curvy: I’m looking forward to walks when the heat breaks here—it’s been a stretch of 90-100F days and too hot to walk. Yoga in the AC has been delightful though—frozen yoga instead of hot yoga! The end of the spring semester, starting a new job, and vacation took me away. We're getting married around Christmas time! It's coming quickly, there's still so much to do!

A little upswing, but I’m sure it’s water retention and I’m not worried because I feel great!

SW: 240.7
8/21: 238.8
GW: 235.0

Week 4:
8/22: 240.5 (+1.7) shark week
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 12:32 PM   #21  
Meanderer

Curvy, thanks! Yay for a normal back and a nice walk Sunday!

Thanks Running! I bought some Ortho shoes once but they did not work out for me. I gravitate toward the Skechers and have them in various styles. My walking favorite lately is the max cushioning; they also give me an extra inch of height so they are my go to whenever I'm on my feet a bunch. I try to get them on sale and buy a new pair each year. They also have some "arch styles but I haven't tried them. Great attitude about the water fluctuations! My body is a sponge so that is one of my daily irritations.

Have a great one!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:10 AM   #22  

Good morning

Kayla: Thanks for including your wedding timeline. Yes, the fall and will be here before we know it! A winter bride-beautiful! Have you always been in NY? For some reason I remember you being in the Carolina's but I could be thinking of someone else. Frozen yoga...love it! Someone should market that term.

KStrong: Every time I see the Sketchers sneakers commercials I want to buy a pair. They do look comfortable and I like how many different styles are available. Happy that you've found a shoe/s that work for you. When I invest in shoes it's usually a running shoe since I can switch back and forth between walking and more easily than if I were in a shoe made for walking. I don't know though--those Sketchers look appealing.

Starting my day with a unit meeting and then I'm going to drop by a poster session where one of the student peers is presenting. She's been doing summer research in a lab and the poster session is the students' capstone project. One of my colleagues in a different area is leaving because his fiancée got a new position in Southern California so there is a going away lunch for him later today. I'm glad that we're going to a restaurant that serves great salads among other things.

Happy Hump Day!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 08-24-2022 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2022, 02:32 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

KStrong: Max cushioning sounds so comfy! I have shoes for work that have fantastic arch support, but they’re not very cute for real-life wear I just got a pair of Birkenstocks for kicking around this summer, and they have fabulous support.

Curvy: I’ve always been in NY! And I might have to market frozen yoga—always thought it would be a good antithesis to hot yoga lol. Are you mostly on campus for work these days instead of being remote or hybrid? I changed jobs in May and moved from a hybrid approach to a 100% in-person approach. It’s been an adjustment!

SW: 240.7
8/21: 238.8
GW: 235.0

Week 4:
8/22: 240.5 (+1.7) shark week
8/23: 240.9 (+0.4) shark week
8/24: NWI
8/25: 239.7 (-1.2)
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 02:08 PM   #24  

Good morning

KStrong: Hope all is well with you and that torrential you've been experiencing has eased off.

Kayla: I knew I wasn't remembering your location. However, I do remember you getting a new job fairly early in the pandemic. You had to create a teaching module as part of your interview if I remember correctly which you were excited about. Sounds like you've moved on so I hope you're enjoying your newest position! As for me, from March 2020-August 2021 our campus was mostly remote. Summer 2021 the campus allowed for a small number of classes to take place in person to begin to test the waters to come back which we did in the fall. January 2022 we closed down due to Omicron but returned and have remained open since February 2022. However, one of the centers I direct provides an essential and necessary service to students so we were allowed to work on campus but we were not open to the public the entire pandemic. The unit my centers are part of fall under Student Life. As long as we followed health and safety protocols we could work out of our office spaces during much of the pandemic. Not many folks did but as the pandemic wore on, the office actually became a break from working from home especially for those who were juggling family life.

Birkentstocks...a shoe I've tried to wear a couple of times but just never worked out. I've heard from others what a great lounge/comfort/kicking around shoe it is.
Not a whole lot to report today so just a quick drive by for me. I'm excited that college football season kicks off tomorrow. I'm a big Nebraska fan, and while there hasn't been much to cheer about for a long time, I'll still watch and . My goal is to do some sorting and cleaning this weekend as well. The heat has subsided a bit which has made for great sleeping weather and getting outside more enjoyable.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!
Old 08-29-2022, 07:47 AM   #25  
Meanderer

Happy New Week & Last Three Days of August!

I hope all is well!
Have a great day!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 12:17 PM.