Old 01-06-2021, 09:45 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

William: As Martine clarified, yes there are two Lokis, but they don’t look much alike. Martine, I think my Loki would love yours, she’s always so excited to meet small doggos

Martine: I’m curious to know what you find out! I think they may be very similar, but I can’t recall. Oh no! So glad to hear that your mischievous Loki is okay after his adventure of gobbling up potato skin! What a funny little guy!! I’m pleased your first day back at work was ok. How do you like working with Teams? We use that for all of our meetings and collaborations and whatnot—I really enjoy it, but I’m curious to know how others find it.

Curvy: Hello there! It’s nice to chat with you again! I’m sorry to hear about the bad side effects of shark week, but I’m glad to hear that your first week back after the break is shaping up to be one on the slower side. How lovely to have been able to take a nice long walk on campus.

loganandlivsmom, Reimmy, & mariomarimar:

Dinner last night was eggroll in a bowl (shredded cabbage, ground pork, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic) and it was delicious. I love how simple it is, yet it’s has so much flavor and is very filling. I have meetings with students today to get them registered for spring courses (they were late transfers into our program) and some errands to run. After that I’ll get working on dinner tonight which will likely be hot Italian sausage, meatballs, sauce, and a nice green salad. I also tried my hand at making chia seed pudding yesterday and overall I liked it. I learned the importance of making sure the liquid the seeds are mixed with is thin enough, otherwise the seeds don’t absorb it as well and just kind of clump together in a congealed cluster. I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

12/31: 225.6
GW: 219

Week 1:
1/1: 222.7 (-2.9)
1/2: 224.4 (+1.7)
1/3: 223.0 (-1.4)
1/4: 223.4 (+0.4)
1/5: 223.4 (+/-0)
1/6: 225.5 (+2.1)
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:30 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Hi fellow weight warriors! (like William said) Nothing new to report, just trying to check in more often!
RunningRedHead I see you are almost down 70 pounds! That is so awesome!
William I see you are down 87 pounds? Wow I want to be you and RunningRedHead when I grow up!
Martine Mini goals totally have kept me going! I know I can get to 230, that seems so easy compared to saying "I need to lose 100 pounds."
curvynotlumpy Thanks for all your encouragement for all of us! You keep us organized each month and it's appreciated!
Maybe in a few days I will have more to report, when I get to my January goal, it will be great. I haven't weighed that "little" in ages!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:06 AM   #18  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy sorry to hear you are losing a member of your team. I remember how happy you were that your team was finally complete and how you thought everyone was such a good fit. Let’s hope you will find another gem in the pool of candidates, once you start hiring again.

RunningRedHead I’m sure my Loki would love your Loki as well, as he tends to love big dogs a lot more than he does small ones. I have yet to try eggroll in a bowl (a vegetarian version of course), but it does sound delicious.

It was a tiring work day yesterday, when we had a 2.5h Teams call. Those long calls always drain me. And since I’ve been giving training every day this week, I now have to play catch-up with my own work. Hopefully today will be easier. But I might get tired just from the fact that I just got up at 3am...

No matter how tired I was, I completed my workout yesterday and ate on plan. Of course there are always thoughts of “maybe I can rest an extra day”, or “ordering out one time won’t hurt”, but then I ask myself what it is that I want more, achieve my goals or vegging out and take out, and I remind myself of the slippery slope I was on since mid-October, and I get moving. It’s working for now.

And our government has indeed announced a curfew from 8pm to 5am, from January 11th to February 8th, but not much else different from our current confinement measures. Non essential stores remain closed, but they can offer curb-side pick-up, office workers must still work from home, no gatherings allowed other than with people from your own household, schools will reopen as planned on Monday but with more emphasis on sanitary measures, and all other industries such as manufacturing/construction/daycare etc. remain open. I can hope that the number of cases will go down, but seems to me other than the curfew, there isn’t anything much different than what the measures are currently, and then you reopen schools, so I don’t know how that will help break the upward trend. But we can hope.

Have a great day everyone!

1: 2.4km walk + 1h25 minutes HIIT/kickboxing/strength training/core workout
2: 2.9km walk
3: 2.8km walk + 37 minutes HIIT workout
4: 33 minutes upper body strength training
5:
6: 30 minutes HIIT and lower body strength training intervals
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:33 AM   #19  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Thank You, Curvy for starting this thread. Good Luck, Everyone1

SW: 168 CW: 164.8 (- 3.2) GW: 160

1. 168
2. No Weigh In.
3. No Weigh In.
4. 167.4 (- .6)
5. 166.2 (- 1.8)
6. No Weigh In.
7. No Weigh In.
8. No Weigh In.
9. 166.2 (- 1.8)
10. No Weigh In.
11. No Weigh In.
12. No Weigh In.
13. No Weigh In.
14. No Weigh In.
15. No Weigh In.
16. 166.8 (- 1.2)
17. No Weigh In.
18. No Weigh In.
19. No Weigh In.
20. No Weigh In.
21. No Weigh In.
22. 165.6 (- 2.4)
23. No Weigh In.
24. No Weigh In.
25. 165 (- 3)
26. No Weigh In.
27. No Weigh In.
28. No Weigh In.
29. 164.8 (- 3.2)
30. No Weigh In.
31. No Weigh In.

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: - 3.2 LBS.

Last edited by VickieLou; 02-10-2021 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh In.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:59 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

VickieLou: Nice to see you make it over to the January thread. Good luck with your goals this month!

Martine: Getting your workout in is a big win especially when you're drained.

That your actual work necessarily takes a bake seat is the irksome part of long meetings and calls. I don't know how much control you have over your calendar or if your colleagues just put appointments on it, but I've taken to holding large blocks of time on mine so that when I do have those long meetings I at least feel like I've accomplished something before I'm drained. It's not always possible but I do it when I can.

Your point about the efficacy of a curfew when everything else stays the same is well made. That thought has often crossed my mind in terms of California and the specific county I live in.

RunningRedHead: Your eggroll in a bowl sounds I love that combination of foods and spices and just bowls in general. You can satisfy so many food "desires" in one convenient dish.
I hope everyone had a good Thursday. It was a frustrating unfocused day for me. I stayed up way to late watching the commentary on what was happening yesterday in Washington D.C. It resulted in fitful sleep and scattered thoughts. Tonight I'm going to eat supper and engage in something--television, book, etc. that will take my mind off of recent happenings.

A warm and lovely evening to all!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:07 AM   #21  

Martine: How funny! And I agree, long meetings (whether virtual or in person) are so exhausting. Toward the end of the semester our meetings to prep for the final exam were marathon meetings and I was more tired after those than I was working all day in the hospital.

Curvy: Agreed! I think anything in a bowl is my new go-to. I’m trying to get more into one pot/pan meals.. it’s a big reason I love my slowcooker and instant pot—the instant pot especially as I’m terrible about remembering to defrost meat for dinner early in the day
loganandlivsmom: Thanks so much! My goal is to get down to the 170s. I see you’ve lost a significant amount also, well done!

VickieLou:
Happy Friday y’all

I’m not entirely certain where yesterday's big uptick has come from, but I’m assuming it has to do with something hormonal causing water retention. I focused on staying on track anyway, since weight loss isn’t linear, and I seem to have had a whoosh with today's weigh-in. Plan for dinner is a date night, which means we're getting barbecue takeaway. There's a new place near us that just does dry-rubs and they're one of the only local spots not to drown everything in sauces or add sugar to everything

12/31: 225.6

Week 1:
1/1: 222.7 (-2.9)
1/2: 224.4 (+1.7)
1/3: 223.0 (-1.4)
1/4: 223.4 (+0.4)
1/5: 223.4 (+/-0)
1/6: 225.5 (+2.1)
1/7:227.2 (+1.7)
Total for week 1: +1.6
Total for January: +1.6

Week 2:
1/8: 224.9 (-2.3)

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 01-08-2021 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:40 PM   #22  

Hi everyone! Another quick check in for me. I am down two pounds! yay me! LOL I am making sure my calories are good and getting in my walks even though it's cold out, it's definitely worth it. My blood pressure is so much better now! I am down three inches in my waist and my hips so all of this along with the 32 pounds is keeping me moving on. My husband is still trying to lose weight too, so I am blessed to have so much support at home and here online.
RunningRedHead Thanks!! I think 170 is a great goal. You are tall so you will be thin at that weight. I have never really been the "ideal" weight for my height. At 5'8 they would say 140 is ideal. I swear I haven't weighed that since middle school honestly. I remember graduating from HS weighing 180 and feeling huge compared to my size small classmates. I would love to be that "big" today.
I hope everyone is having a healthy, happy weekend!
Old 01-10-2021, 06:24 PM   #23  
Gizmo

Hope this has been a wonderful weekend for everyone!

curvynotlumpy I hope you have managed to rest up some more after Thursday. I was watching and reading up on all that was happening and even though I am in Canada, the events that unfolded really made me anxious, so I can imagine how it must have been for everyone South of the border. Found anything interesting to read or to watch to get your mind off of things? We are now donw with The Mandalorian and The Queen's Gambit (loved both) and to my surprise, David wants to start watching The Crown, which is exactly my type of show.

VickieLou

RunningRedHead I am starting to look into recipes that are one-pot meals as well. Found a pretty good chili mac recipe, but that's as far as my repertoire goes for now. Good for you for sticking to your plan no matter what the scale says. There are so many factors that we don't control going into a daily weigh-in, hormones being one of them, so the consistency and the process are much better indicators of your future success than what the scale indicates today.

loganandlivsmom I am loving your positive energy and outlook. 3 inches off your waist and hips is an amazing change already.

As the work week went on, my work load got heavier and crazier. I went through about 300 emails on Friday. I was drained after long days on Thursday and Friday and just couldn't find the energy to work out. And then yesterday I just wanted a full rest day. But I stayed on plan food-wise, so I'm very happy that even though I was tired and didn't exercise, I ate well and within my calorie range.

Today we went for a nice walk at the park with Loki. It wasn't too crowded early in the morning but everyone was walking their dog, so Loki was going crazy being unable to go and greet them, as we were all staying at a safe distance. I did some much-needed house cleaning, relaxed for a bit and then completed two workouts back-to-back, to catch up a bit on what I missed last week, from this new program I am working on. Now to enjoy some tofu with spicy peanut sauce lettuce wraps and to have a relaxing evening watching more series.

1: 2.4km walk + 1h25 minutes HIIT/kickboxing/strength training/core workout
2: 2.9km walk
3: 2.8km walk + 37 minutes HIIT workout
4: 33 minutes upper body strength training
5:
6: 30 minutes HIIT and lower body strength training intervals
7:
8:
9:
10: 2.7km walk + 30 minutes HIIT and core workout + 34 minutes upper body strength training
Old 01-10-2021, 08:28 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 400/282/270

Height: 6'4"

What's up ladies!! How we doin?
I have Never felt better. I'm 49 and in my prime!
New lows
1/8 309.4
1/9 309.2
1/10 309.4 my farmers only account is gonna go Cray Cray!
William47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:11 AM   #25  

Martine: Ooooh, chili mac sounds so good right now! I wonder if I could modify it in some way to substitute the pasta. Some days it’s so hard to ignore the scale and just keep going, but I feel good and I think I’ve actually lost some water weight/bloat—I’m planning to retake my measurements and compare them to the end of last month, just to see if I’m imagining things

loganandlivsmom: I’m not entirely certain 170s is reachable, but I’ll adjust my goal as I get closer to it. I really just want to be toned/less jiggly And same, I’ve never been the ideal weight for my height, even growing up I remember going to the pediatrician and being off the charts because of my height alone. I do believe I broke 200 lb’s in about 8th grade though—this is the lowest my weight has been since early high school! Isn’t it funny how our perspectives change?? I too would love to be that “big” today!!

No weigh-ins for the past two days as I’ve been staying at boyfriend’s to help him get packed up, and of course one of the first things to go into a box was the scale Yesterday, we were able to get outside for a nice long adventure in a local state park. We hiked a perimeter trail on a small island, and while it was pretty cold, we were moving fast enough that I was almost too warm by the end of it! Food has been very simple the past few days (eggs, cheese, meat, and vegetables—hot or salad). Plan for today is to get out with pups for another long adventure.

SW: 225.6
1/7: 227.2

Week 2:
1/8: 224.9 (-2.3)
1/9: 225.4 (+0.6)
1/10: NWI
1/11: NWI
Old 01-12-2021, 05:16 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

RunningRedHead: "Weight loss is not linear." This cannot be stressed enough. I read so many posts throughout different threads where folks seem utterly amazed or disappointed (or both) because it isn't. Shout it from the rooftops, Kayla!

Martine: I hope you were able to plow your way through your email. That's the one thing I can never seem to keep up or catch up with. Do you sense more folks are walking their dogs due to the lockdown or seeing lots of folks out and about normal traffic?

William47: You are doing great and your posts reflect how happy you are!

loganandlivsmom: on being two pounds down! I love walking in the cold and seeing the improvement in your blood-pressure is a major NSV!
I hope everyone is having a great day! It's only Tuesday but it's been a busy week. I've had couple of meetings with my staff member who is leaving next week. They've been really positive and productive meetings and I'm happy for that. I'm also meeting with my remaining staff regarding how we'll proceed and address the work. I've already let them know that some things we'll suspend and we'll keep any commitments we've already made. We are not going to add anything new unless it's absolutely necessary. I've also drafted the request form needed to make the justification why we need this position. Of course no supervisor likes to see great staff move on, but I am in a much different head space than I was at the beginning 2020 when I was coordinating three different hires simultaneously.

Not a whole lot else happening in my part of the world. I have some left over beef chili that I'm making for dinner tonight. It's a dreary, overcast day so it's perfect weather for chili.

A lovely evening to all!

curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:45 PM   #27  

Hi everyone! My weight is now at my January goal already (four pounds.. 230). I didn't change it on my stats yet, just in case it was a fluke. If it stays at 230 or less I will update my stats then.

curvynotlumpy Thanks! I do check my BP daily and it's amazing how losing weight along with walking, vitamins etc...make a big difference.
RunningRedHead That's too funny about the scale! I think the 170s are doable IF you put your mind to it. It's called a self fulfilling prophecy. (Your thoughts influence what you do). If you think it will never happen, subconsciously you make sure it won't. If you think it is possible, then you will make sure the calories you have are the right amount to maintain a 170 pound person at your height, be more active, etc...I hope that makes sense!
Martine Thanks! It sounds like you are doing well with eating and exercise. Maybe it's not as much as you'd like, but I am impressed! All I do is go on walks and plus little things like walking in place when I am working every once in a while, trying to find ways to get more steps in by doing more around the house, etc...Are you vegetarian? Seeing tofu made me think you might be. I am a vegetarian but only eat tofu as in tofu scrambles.
William Wow you are doing great! Keep up the good work!!
Old 01-15-2021, 10:24 AM   #28  

I'm back!
The numbers on the scale are going down so I changed my stats. I am now at just under 229, so I have officially passed the 230 goal and have lost 35 pounds. My new goal instead of a new weight for the next two weeks will be to get in even more movement. I plan to walk at least a mile each day with my daughter. I can only get out if it if it rains!

I hope everyone else checks in and has good news to report as well. Have a good weekend!
Old 01-15-2021, 11:39 AM   #29  

Good morning everyone <3

I have started my journey to weight loss yesterday and am ecstatic to be apart of the group, I wish everyone a smooth weightloss journey. The only issue I have is SNACKING. I find myself eating a snack every minute, it’s like an addiction lol. I have come across a website that has given me information on how to put a stop to my
cravings, so far I have tried the first step; swapping out salty and sweet snacks with a healthy alternative. It’s helping so far. Good luck to everyone <3
weightlesswinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:07 PM   #30  
Gizmo

Just a quick check-in from me to say that I read you all every day, but this first work week of training for my new position has thrown me off my routine entirely, as I’ve adapted to the schedule of the person training me and she does not start early and she finishes late, so no time to exercise after
work and not much to report.

I’ve been doing okay-ish food-wise, but because of anxiety this week, I’ve slept very poorly, waking up at 2-3am every night, and have felt more “snackish”. Training has been going well, but I am limited by the fact that I don’t have access to many applications yet and that someone at IT completely messed up my Outlook account, to the point where it doesn’t even open on my laptop now. Hopefully next week will bring resolutions to my technical woes and I will have to rearrange my schedule and work out in the mornings again. Tomorrow I’ll be back at it, surely.

Have a wonderful Friday evening everyone!