Old 05-31-2020, 05:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Default June Swoon: June 2020 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread

to the June 2020 daily weigh-in/check-in. ALL our welcome to this thread. Here you will find support, encouragement, and endless kindness.

Here you can:
~track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like ... but do check in
~keep track of what you eat or didn't eat
~keep track of your water intake or lack of
~keep track of your exercise/other goals
~vent, rant ... express yourself or just chit-chat

We swoon over a lot of things; babies, puppies, celebrities and great meals. But have you ever swooned over yourself? Do you ever spend time celebrating the fabulous one and only individual that is you? June ushers in the first official day of summer and a sense of renewal and possibility. It may be challenging to think of possibility when we've been sheltering-in-place and have had our world turned upside down for so many reasons. But if there is anything this time has taught us collectively is that we are resourceful and creative. Maybe you've tapped into new levels of empathy, compassion, and grace that you've never had to before. We're so used to turning those qualities toward others, but how often do you turn them inwardly? Just a thought. Whether you've been on the health/fitness/weight-loss road for awhile now, or maybe you're just beginning, let's use the next 30 days to appreciate and be grateful for every part of ourselves and everything that makes us unique. Never forget that we are all swoon-worthy.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 05:37 PM   #2  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

I love the theme June swoon. Very cute idea.

I have been admitting that I have not really been swooning over myself lately. I do feel happy and proud of myself for making this far in my journey. However, when I look in the mirror I just can't really tell a difference. Which is annoying. My clothes seem to fit almost exactly the same, and while I do notice a few small differences I would have thought 16 lbs would have shown me a bit more. This summer I am feeling a little bit let down about my body. Last summer I also weighed around the 80s and 70s so it really doesn't feel any different. I've just been slogging around in the past 20 pounds for a few years now and I'm soo ready to be in the 60s. In the meantime I will be trying to embrace the spirit of this month's theme.

====
So happy news in May I did make my goal of being in 181s! I was soo close this time. I weighed 181.8 lbs on May 30th. Just squeaked in by a hair. Because I barely made it this time I think June will be a challenging month as well. I don't have any holiday treat days this month though so that does help! Wish me luck! I wish you all the best.

Last edited by bloominbutterflies; 05-31-2020 at 05:42 PM.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 05:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Hi everyone! So for this month my goal is to eat 90% of food that's made at home, exercise 3 days per week (in addition to my daily walks with Loki), and get 4L of water per day. My goal weight for the month will put me in the overweight range of the BMI scale instead of obese for the first time in over a decade!

5/31: 218.0
GW: 214.0

Week 1:
6/1: 219.6 (+1.6)
6/2: 219.0 (-0.6)
6/3: 218.0 (-1.0)
6/4: 220.6 (+2.6)
6/5: 219.5 (-1.1)
6/6: 218.3 (-1.2)
6/7:220.0 (+1.7)
Total for week 1: +2.0
Total for June: +2.0

Week 2:
6/8: 219.0 (-1.0)
6/9: 221.6 (+2.6)
6/10: 221.4 (-1.2)
6/11: 221.8 (+0.2) SW
6/12: 219.8 (-2.0) SW
6/13: 220.2 (+0.4) SW
6/14:221.6 (+1.4) SW
Total for week 2: +1.6
Total for June: +3.6

Week 3:
6/15: 222.9 (+1.3) SW
6/16: 221.5 (-1.4) SW
6/17: 222.8 (+1.3) SW
6/18: 221.6 (-1.2) SW
6/19: 221.1 (-0.5) SW
6/20: 221.1 (+/-0) SW
6/21:222.2 (+1.1) SW
Total for week 3: +0.6
Total for June: +4.2

Week 4:
6/22: 220.5 (-1.7) SW
6/23: 219.3 (-1.2)
6/24: 221.4 (+2.1)
6/25: 218.7 (-2.7)
6/26: 221.8 (+3.1)
6/27: 220.8 (-1.0)
6/28:219.8 (-1.0)
Total for week 4: -2.4
Total for June: +1.8

Final days
6/29: 220.7 (+0.7)
6/30:220.4 (-0.3)
Total for final days: +0.4
Total for June: +2.4

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 06-30-2020 at 09:33 AM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

I lost 8.5 lbs the last half of May. Fingers crossed that I can get under 300 this month.

May 31 309.5
June
1. 309.7
2. 309.5
3. 308.3
4. 309.3. Too much sodium yesterday. I’m gonna try to drink a ton of water today.
5. 307.3
6. 308.6. I’m beginning to notice a pattern of 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Lol
7. 307.5
8. 309.5. so frustrating! I haven't gone over my calories at all.
9. 308.1
10. 307.3. Drank 180 ounces of water yesterday
11. 306.4
12. 305.8
13. 305
14. 304.3
15. 303.9
16. 303.2
17. 303
18. 302.5
19. 301.9
20. 301.1
21. 301.4
22. 299.6
23. 399.5
24 299.2
25. 298.4
26. 299.3
27. 298.7
28. 298.1
29. 298.2
30. 297.5

Last edited by Skinnycow; 06-30-2020 at 08:18 AM.
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:11 PM   #5  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I’m back!

i just checked and was a little surprised I never checked in once in May. I missed you guys! And I see we’ve added some folks too! That’s always a good thing.

Unlike past times when I “disappeared” from 3FC I was still doing good - eating healthy, sticking with IF, getting exercise. My scale is still acting up. At one point, before Easter so before sugar was allowed back in my life, I put in a new battery and suddenly weighed 8-10 pounds more. Which did not please me. At all! But I lost those 8-10 and a little bit more. Still not in Onederland but I’ll get there.

I don’t know if I’ll check in daily but I’m really going to try to check in more reliably. I feel like June will be a good month for all of us!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:08 PM   #6  

RunningRedHead:

vladadog: Good to see you! Well, you've been with us long enough to know folks pop in and out as they like . I love that our little thread has grown. Sounds like you had a tremendous month

Skinnycow: You are burning up the scale Congratulations on a very successful May!

bloominbutterflies: Shoot, you are almost to the 170s but I know that feeling of wanting the weight off now !
Welcome to June! Hopefully where you live the weather has turned nice and you're able to take advantage of the sunshine and longer days. Wishing everyone a peaceful and healthy month.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:58 PM   #7  
Gizmo

I love the title June Swoon! Thank you curvynotlumpy for once again having such inspiring words to start us off on another month through our journey.

We made it through the first day of our pre-reopening, employees and their immediate families only. Not that busy of a day, but a great trial run for the new health and safety protocols in place. I actually have a day off tomorrow, so I switched around workouts in the challenge I am doing right now and just completed a flexibility workout and kept the tougher workout for tomorrow.

My goals this month are to continue exercising 5-6 times per week, keep drinking 2 litres of water each day (now that we will be back in action at work, that might be the first thing to fall of the wayside), walk early in the morning before work at least 3 times per week, and keep eating on plan. I hope to see the 220s this month, but I can never make a number on the scale a short-term goal, because my body doesn't always cooperate on that front.

Wishing everyone a superb month of June!

Week 1:
1: 27 minutes flexibility workout
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:10 AM   #8  

Martine: So glad to hear you all made it through the first day with no major issues! Way to go continuing your workouts and crushing your fitness goals! I’m in awe that you consistently dedicate yourself to completing your workouts despite busy and stressful work! You inspire me

Skinnycow: Wow! You made amazing progress last month!!! I have no doubt in my mind you’ll meet your goal for this month! Way to go

Curvy: Thank you yet again for continuing our monthly thread! As Martine said, I love the title June Swoon too and find your words to be inspiring to continue on this journey!

Vladadog: Hi there! Lovely to see you again! And good on you for continuing forward and losing those 8-10 pounds your scale so cruelly added! That's something that could have easily derailed some progress, it's great you have the fortitude to keep pushing through :

Hello all! Yesterday was zombie day (recovery from night shift) and on those days I tend to just stick to OMAD style intermittent fasting. I was able to catch up with my beau for dinner and a movie and made keto crack chicken, bacon wrapped brussels sprouts, and he brought more of that delightful chocolate mousse! Red wine also made an appearance Plan for today is to get a lot of erranding done so I can cross some serious things off my to-do list! Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Week 1:

Old 06-02-2020, 05:48 PM   #9  

Martine: Such a smart idea to do a pre-reopening! You can see how your protocols work and adjust accordingly. You have an ambitious June planned, but you've been so consistent even when you are dog tired or the heat is blazing I know that you'll be successful. In my opinion, that's proof that you really have a handle on the process and habits you've developed. Very impressive

RunningRedHead: Okay, I finally stopped wondering and actually googled keto crack chicken and realize it is a real "thing"(recipe). You've mentioned it a few times in posts and I thought, "Maybe the chicken is so good it's addictive" . After reading the recipes, I'm definitely going to make it. Such a flexible recipe too! I hope you got all your errands done. Some days are like that but you feel so accomplished when you can cross the to-dos off your list .
I hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday. I'm in the office today and it's freezing in the building. It's nearing 95 degrees today so I'm sure I'll appreciate it more when I walk out for the day. My health and wellness group met over Zoom over the noon hour, and one of the things we shared was things we're doing to relax and release stress and anxiety. Some folks are taking advantage of meditation apps, walking either in the morning or early evening, and stretching during Zoom meetings. We did this today half way through the meeting and it felt so good! My standing Monday dinner was moved to tonight so I'm looking forward to that. Tonight the hosts are grilling which is perfect for a hot day. We'll enjoy a nice meal safely distanced apart .

Old 06-02-2020, 06:59 PM   #10  
Gizmo

Skinnycow you showed such a great result for the month of May, continued success this month!

bloominbutterflies celebrate the fact that you reached 181 and look ahead to a great month of June! Progress is progress, no matter how small or big. And don't let a number on the scale define you. Let's be good to ourselves this month and going forward.

Vladadog I like your positivity to start this month off on the right foot. Great job on staying on plan despite what the crazy scale was doing.

RunningRedHead thank you for the encouragements and kind words. So what movie did you end up watching with your beau? Hope your day of running errands wasn't too hectic but that you got a lot of things off your to-do list.

curvynotlumpy you are right, I think a healthy lifestyle is now a part of me, not just a phase to lose weight, like previous times. Why was it freezing in your office, did they crank up the AC? Very nice idea of everyone in your wellness group to share what they do to relieve some of the stress. Stretching wins in my case. Hope you enjoy your standing bbq dinner tonight.

I had a day off today (I know, weird scheduling), and I had to bring in our car to our dealership for a safety recall and a wonky driver's side window. I stayed home waiting for their call and it only came around 4:30pm, so all that time I could've been out walking. Turns out the regulator for the window needs replacing. They are ordering the parts needed, until then I must remember not to open that one window, or else it could get stuck there. I must admit that other than laundry and a couple of light chores, I didn't do much all day. But I got in my workout just now, a nice lower body routine where I felt the burn. The one good thing about the challenge that I am currently doing is that all the workouts are between 30-40 minutes in length, so I will make it work despite a really bad work schedule this week. Now off to enjoy pasta with my husband's delicious homemade sauce.

Take care everyone!

Week 1:
2: 33 minutes lower body strength training

Old 06-03-2020, 09:01 AM   #11  
Gizmo

Just a quick check-in as I have things to do before heading into work for our official reopening. I completed my workout this morning, since I refuse to exercise at 9pm when I get home. I was startled awake around 3:45am by David's hamper falling over, but stayed in bed half asleep until 5:50am. Supper is made, a load of laundry is drying on the rack and I managed to fall back asleep on the couch. Time for a shower and Loki's walk.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Week 1:
2: 33 minutes lower body strength training
3: 37 minutes upper body strength training
Old 06-03-2020, 07:36 PM   #12  

and happy Wednesday!

Martine: Sending good your way that your store's reopening went as planned! Glad you enjoyed your day off and found out what needed to be fixed on your car window. I know you're in for a tough work week but this is where your commitment to daily exercise and good food choices is really going to pay off.
I came into the office today along with my certifying official. I'm not usually in the office today but both of us are experiencing some serious eye fatigue looking at our small laptop computer screens all day nearly every day. We've been working on organizing our summer hires and hit a major snafu that we hadn't anticipated. We both had other goals for the day but that had to be dealt with first. On one hand it was a frustrating, on the the other hand we accomplished other things.I'll probably come back into the office again tomorrow to continue to give my eyes a break and get done what I had originally planned. Happy for the air conditioning as it was 100 degrees today and looks the same tomorrow .

Have a great evening!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 06-04-2020 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 375/305.1/215

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! I am here chugging along and following along with your journeys. Not much to report here. Down to 301.5 and continuing to drop. Have a great day.
workinprogress2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #14  

Good morning

workinprogress: Gary, nice to see you over in the June thread. Congrats on seeing the scale continue to drop ! You are so close to a new decade!
Dropping in quickly to wish everyone a great Thursday. I'm working from home this morning but will head into the office this afternoon. Not much to report other than it is going to be another hot day but a cool down begins tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:30 PM   #15  

Martine: We watched Doomsday (I know, super romantic, right? ). You’re absolutely right, it was a wonderful feeling to be able to cross things off my list! I hope all went well with your official reopening and that everyone was able to stay safe!

Curvy: Yes! I think the addictive-ness of the dish is why it’s name so I don’t think you were far off in your assumption I’m glad to hear you were able to get a lot done while giving your eyes a break from you laptop! And wow! 100 degrees?? That is far too hot!!

Workinprogress: You’re so close to a new decade!! Keep up the great work! :

A big bump up noted on the scale this morning, but I was mentally prepared for it given my choices of food yesterday. Monday was the day my friend and I were supposed to leave for London for a three week tour of England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales. To commemorate this (or maybe I should say commiserate? ) we are making a dish from each country, along with sourcing a drink (cocktail, wine, or beer), and watching a movie set in or made in that country. Then once all is prepped we’re having a double date eating, drinking, and being merry via Zoom. Last night we started off in England and did cottage pie—I subbed mashed cauli for the mashed potatoes and I have to say it may become a regular dish in my rotation! However, with all this wonderful food, I had two amazing English beers that were very carby so I’m experiencing some water retention today (hence the jump on the weigh-in); it was worth it though and it will drop off over the next few days Hang in there all, it’s almost Friday!!

Week 1:

6/3: 218.0 (-1.0)
6/4: 220.6 (+2.6)