Old 06-19-2020, 12:11 PM   #61  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Curvynotlumpy your morning walk with friends and dogs sound so nice! I am a cat person, but I still love dogs and grew up around them. I miss my daily dose of doggy. One day I'm going to get a dog again...

==============================
I am just updating today to say that ADF has been working out great for me. The whole experience has been kinda blowing my mind. I thought that I would be excited to get back to IF when this is all done, but as of right now I think I will be sticking to ADF for the foreseeable future. At this point I've done 3 36 hour fast and am 39 hours into a 60 hour fast. The cons have been feeling a little more hunger (maybe 20% more than IF) and more tired during evening times (probably 50% more). The pros have been eating to my satisfaction 3 days a week (a huge pro for me) and the simplicity of ADF lifestyle. Today is day 2 of my 60 hour fast and I amazed to say that I feel way better than day 1. On day 1 my hunger is pretty strong from 10 am to about 3. So far I haven't felt much. I've been reading about fasting and that is common. It happens because by day 2 your body is efficiently creating ketones and burning it's own fat. First day is just kind of an ugly mess of adjusting to everything. I think 60 hour fasts might be the way for me to go.

This is period week so I still haven't weighed myself yet. The core time of pms started yesterday at the beginning of my 60 hour fast but I've been surprisingly fine. I bloated on the lower stomach just like normal. It's good to know my body isn't freaked out and it's business as usual. It's really surprising.

Last edited by bloominbutterflies; 06-19-2020 at 12:19 PM.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:22 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

bloominbutterflies: It sounds like you have found your rhythm with ADF! A long time ago, a poster on 3FC commented that we are all an experiment of one. I agree with that and really appreciate how you're learning so much about how your body reacts while doing ADF. I've learned a lot as well to you for being able to implement and stick with it.
Happy last day of spring! I can't believe how quickly spring passed came and went. It certainly feels like summer here; currently it is 95 degrees and looking to be a hot weekend and week as well. Have you ever had one of those wide open days where you can't wait to check things off of your to-do list? Today was one of those days but other things kept interrupting my list . We all know how that goes . Not a lot of planned for the weekend but I always have odds and ends to do.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:45 AM   #63  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy I too can’t believe how fast this month is going. Time seems to be racing away from us. I can totally relate to wanting to check things off your work to-do list but keep getting interrupted, the story of my life. I hope you can find a veteran to fill the position that is currently open, what a great idea to bring in someone with first-hand perspective. To answer your question, hair salons in the Montréal area reopened June 15th. Just as Loki got his fur trimmed, David got his hair cut yesterday and I have an appointment on my next day off Tuesday.

bloominburtterflies glad to hear that you are finding success with ADF and handling the 60-hour fast well so far.

This was not such a great week exercise-wise for me. Other than two early morning walks, I only worked out twice. I think the combination of waiting to hear back from my interviewers about how I did on the assessment tests and the heat wave we are experiencing has taken a lot of energy out of me. I went for another morning walk today and my pace is totally off. I’m holding steady 229.6 but I know that my body needs to move a lot more than that to keep the weight loss going. I’ll only be working a half day today (my boss did the same yesterday as it is so quiet at the store these days), so I aim to continue my two-week challenge today. I’ll also have two days off Tuesday and Wednesday (national holiday in Québec on the 24th), so I won’t have any excuse not to work out.

Hope everyone has been enjoying a wonderful weekend!

Week 1:
1: 27 minutes flexibility workout
2: 33 minutes lower body strength training
3: 37 minutes upper body strength training
4:
5: 36 minutes lower body bodyweight strength training
6:
Week 2:
7: 3.2km walk
8: 35 minutes resistance band lower body workout
9:
10: 34 minutes upper body strength training
11: 33 minutes pilates and core workout + 15 minutes yoga flow
12:
13: 52 minutes upper body strength training
Week 3:
14: 3.2km walk
15:
16:
17:41 minutes pilates/HIIT/lower body strength training workout
18: 35 minutes upper body strength training
19:
20: 3.2km walk
Week 4:
21: 3.2km walk
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:06 PM   #64  

and good afternoon!

Martine: Kudos to you for getting those walks and workouts in during such a busy time ! I've thought many times that I wish I could compartmentalize but depending on the circumstances my thoughts, emotions, anxieties, etc. spill over into other aspects of my life. This goes for both the joyful and exciting things, to the things that cause me to worry. Did management give you a timeline when you will hear back regarding your assessments? I'm glad you're looking at a couple of days off as you've been working non-stop these last few weeks. Yay for your upcoming hair appointment ! New hair always makes me feel better.
Wishing everyone a Happy Father's Day for those who are celebrating a father or a figure figure in their life! Today has been a relaxing day. I'm staying indoors for the rest of the day since it's another 90+ degree day. A friend gave me some tomatoes last week that have ripened nicely so I'm going to make a BLT for dinner tonight. I'm headed off to my weekly chat with my good friend from Portland.

Have a great rest of your Sunday!
Old 06-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #65  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy sounds like you enjoyed a great Sunday. Fresh tomatoes are really the best! It's the one potted plant I wish we could've grown on our balcony (well cherry tomatoes), but we don't get enough sunlight. To answer your question, the two District managers who interviewed me did say they were in a hurry to fill the position, but since I finished the online assessments Tuesday night and it takes a couple of days for the results to reach HR and they have to consider who will be replacing me, I think I was too hopeful to get a call by last Friday. Surely today or tomorrow (I hope).

I went for another 5am walk and it was already so hot and humid that I was drenched in sweat when I got home. I did get back to my regular pace though, after two walks where I was slooooooooow. I also got in a core workout this morning, as if I hadn't sweat enough already. I'm working the afternoon/evening shift and it's been a productive morning so far, getting in a walk and a workout, plus doing some laundry, preparing supper, walking Loki and preparing a document for work. After a cool shower, I have to head out to do some grocery shopping, as our fridge is looking really bare. The upside of starting work later in the day.

Hope everyone will enjoy a great start to the week!

Week 1:
4:
6:
Week 2:
9:
12:
Week 3:
15:
16:
19:
Week 4:
22: 3.2km walk + 33 minutes core workout
Old 06-22-2020, 12:42 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 400/282/270

Height: 6'4"

Gooood Mornin to my new BFF'S

What a wonderful weekend. Trout fishing and bullfrog catching. Found some arrowheads and saw some old friends. Went clam diggin with new GF whose daughter could NOT be cuter. I feel blessed in so many ways right now. I would like to invite anyone, especially swooners to reach out if they wanna talk. Furthermore, Curvey, as a long time Portlandite, i would like to formaly invite u to come join us here. its beautiful and we would love to have u. there is always room for such beautiful people. your soul is so bright i feel like i would need to squint to see your physical person. You belong here and i think u feel it, what? lots of jobs but housing is a *****. its a wonderful place to be. we put birds on everything. Art in the street and unbelievable music. The food carts are amazing, and some super eateries. A little expensive but perfect when u have an expense account, right. Andros, south american complete with guinea pig. And my Favorite, Katchka, russian with all kinds of infused vodka and rabbit in a clay pot. Always get the rabbit in a clay pot. i live 100 miles up the Columbia River in the Columbia gorge. possibly the most beautiful place in all the world! please dont tell anyone. See You Soon! haha

6/22 223.2 it is what it is!
William47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:14 PM   #67  

Good afternoon

Martine: When you live in a geography with heat and humidity there really is no better time for outdoor exercise than in the early morning before the heat of the day. You'll be a sweaty exhausted mess but it beats waiting until later . Yes, I love fresh tomatoes! Funny story--years ago I was living in a house with a small backyard and planted some tomatoes. They got plenty of sunlight but I over-watered them so they never produced. I grew the most lovely plants though. It looked like Jack and the Beanstalk in the yard Even with the delay, I'm still super impressed with how quickly your hiring process is moving.

William47: It sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. It's lovely that you, your girlfriend and her daughter are all connecting and having fun . Thanks so much for your lovely invitation! I thoroughly enjoyed my time and Portland and was kicking myself for not staying long enough. One of my best friends lives up there with her boyfriend. She's the one I chat with every weekend. While I was there I took a tasting tour that ended up being a complete feast when all was said and done. I had the opportunity to walk and explore several different neighborhoods including the Pearl District.
Busy, busy, day. I just got done with a Zoom meeting where we discussed online platforms that will enable us to do large scale events. Even though the university will be implementing a hybrid teaching model for fall we won't be having in-person events so we have to think about how to deliver the same kind of experience virtually. So many options! Just received an email about a missed deadline on project one of my former staff worked on so I need to hunt that down. I remember the project but had no idea there was anything outstanding left to do. It's probably too late to ask her to complete it there is. She's been gone for four months .

We have an excessive heat warning for our area for most of the week so I'm either staying inside or getting things done early.

Have a good evening!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 06-22-2020 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:17 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Hi everyone, don’t mind me as I play catch up (again)! It’s been a week since I posted, but I’ve been following along the past several days. My second interview was yesterday and less than an hour later I was officially offered the job! Two of the eight people viewing my teaching presentation were the director and assistant director of the program in which I will be teaching and they said they may have to steal it for the ethics lecture they do with freshmen students! And the residual bloat from shark week is dissipating finally, so hopefully I can end the month where I started it Plans today are mini-walks with Loki (it’s 90F here with 70% humidity , some yoga for day 13 of my 100-day challenge, and work on my coat closet now that all the components have arrived from The Container Store!!! Also have to remember to pull a pork butt out of my freezer—my dear boyfriend is arriving home from two weeks away for work tomorrow and we’re planning a romantic dinner so I can see him before he leaves very early Friday morning for vacation.

William: A Russian night sounds so interesting! After we cover the UK and Ireland, we’re hoping to open it up to more exotic places/dishes. Archaeology is such a fascinating area, how did you get into it? It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend connecting with your girlfriend and her daughter—how lovely!

Curvy: Thank you so much for reminding us that we are an experiment of one! I think I remember reading that a while back, but I can’t remember who penned it. It sounds that your busy day was very productive! Your line about it being to late to ask the project’s original staffer to complete it made me laugh out loud Stay cool and hydrated during that excessive heat!

Martine: Glad to hear you’re back at your baseline pace for your walks, got in an early morning core workout, and rewarded your efforts with a cool shower! I too need to hit the market for some groceries. I may have missed it, but have you heard any news on your new job??

Bloomin: So glad to hear your ADF and extended 60-hr fast are going so well! Way to go!

5/31: 218.0
6/14: 221.6
GW: 214.0

Week 3:
6/15: 222.9 (+1.3) SW
6/16: 221.5 (-1.4) SW
6/17: 222.8 (+1.3) SW
6/18: 221.6 (-1.2) SW
6/19: 221.1 (-0.5) SW
6/20: 221.1 (+/-0) SW
6/21:222.2 (+1.1) SW
Total for week 3: +0.6
Total for June: +4.2

Week 4:

6/22: 220.5 (-1.7) SW
6/23: 219.3 (-1.2)
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:41 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 375/305.1/215

Height: 5'7"

Hi all. I am still here and busily following along. Life is just hectic and crazy right now so I am kind of quiet. The scale is down to 296.9 this morning which is great.
workinprogress2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:42 PM   #70  

Good Morning Friends.
I hope everyone is happy and well!
My psychologist asked me to make a specific list of things i dont trust about my physical body. I realize now that i have seriously neglected my body and rarely, if ever listen to it. But i also feel betrayed. I feel like i cant trust my body to make the right decisions regarding food choices, but thats just the begining. I dont trust my body to be able to act in an emergency situation. what if one of the nephews had an accident and i had to scoop him up and run to the car. what if im in the woods and my knee gets injured, i dont trust my body to keep me safe. i dont trust my body to fight off sickness and disease. I think he is on to something because i can see there is a serious rift, a cycle of neglect and indifference. its hard to separate my physical being with the emotions it inspires. I try to separate myself and analytically disseminate the issue. Not working this time. The whole Awareness thing is hard for me but i have never given up on anything, and its something i need to continue my journey. i want to be able to grow, to be able to enjoy life and all the amazing things to discover. I normaly would NEVER share to this degree, exposing my fears and inadequacies...I think the anonymity of the internet helps, not to mention the amazing people who i have met. Your support means so much. So, to that end. I would love some insight from my new, strong and capable friends. Exercise continues to be a chore but maybe my body and i can come to some agreement.

Curvy..U R my best. have u visited the Japanese gardens in P-town? next time u come up I can give u some amazing "locals only" spots

Martine. I was thinking of you particularly, because it seems like you have such a great relationship with exercise. I always go to excess and my compulsive obsessive behaviors exasperate my physical issues , as far as injury and weakness.

Runner, I think we could be great friends IRW. u seem so very engaged with life. I bet u are a riot when u cut loose. Archaeology has been a passion for me. I started school as an electronic engineer. Its a whole lot of math, crazy math. But a Grateful Dead concert in Eugene OR changed my life and I realized there are more important things then money. I do question that decision from time to time. How about that Yoga and meditation? do you feel like its a pathway forward. how could i get started. what would you suggest? do you feel like you communicate better with your body after Yoga? what activities do you think help you to engage your body with Constructive dialog?

Bloomin. I WISH i could emulate you. U inspired me to try ADF but i get sooo freekin hungry i snack and make really poor decisions, including standing at the refrigerator, stuffin my face. Argh Man, I start fasting and my body starts yelling. I wish i could hear or understand what it is saying. how do you keep your body from entering desperation mode? how can i convince my body to trust me, to make the right choices for both of us?

Work. U rock Bro. Congrats on busting 300#. I plan a serious celebration for that milestone!

Hey Everyone, thanks in advance for helping me with my homework. i will do my best to reciprocate.

6/23 224.8 watermelon blues!
Old 06-23-2020, 03:51 PM   #71  
Gizmo

​​​​curvynotlumpy regarding that project, you would think someone would have raised a flag before the due date, knowing the person who was working on it was leaving. Hope having to sort everything out won’t overburden you. Of all the options you have seen so far to adapt content for the virtual world in the Fall, which one looks more interesting/promising to you thus far? Speaking with university students who work at our store, I think they’d wish everything went back to normal in September.

workinprogress2020 great job on continuing to move down the 200s!

William47 that was quite the question that your psychologist asked you. I think that once one stops “fighting” their body, one can move forward. For so many years I too neglected my body because I only carried negative thoughts towards it. The mind is a powerful thing. Now I focus more on what my body CAN do than what it can’t. It’s a process that takes time and patience.

RunningRedHead a huge on landing the new teaching job! And the fact that they are thinking of using the subject you taught during your interview for their course load says a lot about the quality of your work. Does this mean that you will leave your current work environment entirely? To answer your question, I know through my own District manager that I passed my online assessments and have the job, but I still haven’t gotten the official call back. Enjoy that celebratory dinner with your man tomorrow!

Another VERY hot and humid day here (it’s currently 38°C/100°F with the humidex factor) but it should be the last day we have to endure these temperatures. In fact clouds are moving in and we may get some much-needed rain showers later today.

I did not go walking this morning as I woke up a bit late (5:45am) and had to be out the door by 7:30am. Another busy morning on my day off, buying groceries for the rest of the week, getting my hair cut (yay!), going to my dealership for an oil change and doing some house cleaning. After running a load in the dishwasher, I just put in the OVEN (yes I am crazy to use the oven on such a hot day) a rigatoni casserole with spinach, leeks and butternut squash for supper. I am completely drenched just from cooking. And there’s more sweat coming when I complete an upper body workout in about an hour. I’m just thankful that I have another day off tomorrow, cause today sure hasn’t been relaxing.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great day!

Week 1:
4:
6:
Week 2:
9:
12:
Week 3:
15:
16:
19:
Week 4:
22: 3.2km walk + 33 minutes core workout

Old 06-23-2020, 07:31 PM   #72  

Good afternoon

Martine: What a productive day you've had! Your rigatoni casserole sounds delicious Count me in as being too--I use the oven as well during the summer. I can't think of a student I've heard from who doesn't want to be back on campus. The hybrid option is definitely preferred to Zoom university as I've heard it described.

RunningRedHead: on your new position! That's fantastic feedback that you received from the director and assistant director. When will you begin your new position? How will you prepare the pork butt? Pork is probably my favorite protein and I'm always on the lookout for new recipes.

William47: What an deep and important question your therapist asked. Thank you for sharing your specific concerns and fears outloud. Many of them personally resonated with me because I often play negative loops about my body over and over again. To echo Martine, the mind is a powerful thing. Thank you for reminding me that it's good to be mindful, but not self-defeating.

workinprogress2020 , good to know you are well! That scale just keeps moving in the right direction !
I do not know where the day went! I only had one meeting but the rest of the day was spent untangling some issues like the uncompleted project that I found out about yesterday. I think it was something that fell through the cracks and after reviewing what needed updating, it doesn't look like it's going to be a big hassle. I'm keeping my that's the case. I'm also trying to figure out how to set up a virtual reception via Zoom that our peers can manage incoming questions for when we're not in the office. My goal is to keep on top of the inquiries while still provide work opportunities for the students. So many things but so glad the day is done!

Have a great evening!

Old 06-24-2020, 01:08 PM   #73  

Hola Everyone
Another wonderful day ahead. I hope this message finds you all Super Great!
im helping a friend locate an old homestead site. we found an old apple tree and i think i found some pluming pipes. Sometimes the underground pluming can give you orientation. its his family homestead from 1945, the town burned and then flooded. it was never rebuilt and now is totally overgrown found some old bottles and an indian head nickle. all modern artifacts, but still cool. If you guys have any questions about archaeology/anthropology hit me up. whos on Paleo? Raw foods? Most people know corn came from the new world but the list is huge and includes things like Tobacco, Potato, Tomato, pumpkins, cocoa, maple syrup, pineapple blue berries....the world did not have these things until we discovered the Americas. Did you know the horse originated in the americas, was hunted to extinction and reintroduced by spanish explorers. Did you know the woolly mammoth went extinct 10,000 years ago, but a small, geographical isolate group in the channel islands survived the mass extinction and lived till about 3000 b.c.e. They became small and are called dwarf mammoths.
Anyway...
6/24 225.6 i think it was like a week ago i was hoping to see 225, now its a high mark, i hope haha
Old 06-24-2020, 05:13 PM   #74  

Good afternoon

William47: What a cool excavation you and your friend are on! All the hidden "treasures" you're finding after all these years, and in the aftermath of the fire and town being destroyed, certainly provide great clues to the past. When I was a kid there was a big brick house that used to be next door to our family home in Nebraska. When the former owners renovated part of it, underneath the brick the walls were lined with old newspapers. Some of the them detailed what was happening in the Civil War. My early fantasy career was to be an archaeologist. I kept checking out the same seven ancient Egypt and King Tut books out of our small town library. My struggles with math and science emerged early and the dream died with it . My love of history hasn't though!
More of our peers are returning to the area and available to work. We put them on a rotation so that we have no more than 4 people working in our office at any given time. I'm already getting a glimpse of what fall will bring and how difficult it will be to keep folks apart. Observing the peers you'd think that there was no pandemic happening in the world; they wanted to stand or sit close together, they kept lowering their face coverings. I totally get it. They're young and they haven't seen each other in a long time. It's going to take constantly reminding them.

Question for anyone who would like to chime in: When or how did you start thinking and/or planning your next career move? I'm so appreciative of Martine and RunningRedHead for sharing their recent career changes/prospects. As I've eluded to in previous posts, I've been thinking a lot about my current job--what I enjoy, what I don't, what I wish I could more of--and what I'd like to do next. How do you know it's time to move on?

Have a great evening!
Old 06-24-2020, 06:30 PM   #75  
Gizmo

William47 like curvy, I wanted to be an archaeologist when I was little. But then I realized it was all about digging and I didn't like playing in the sand/dirt, so it was not for me. I am still fascinated by your profession. Very interesting work you are currently doing with your friend.

curvynotlumpy now that COVID-19 cases are going down here, you would think there had never been a pandemic to begin with, looking at how close some people are. We keep having to remind employees to move apart from one another. It feels like nagging at times.To answer your question about making a career move, I have been with my company for 22 years now and I knew that eventually I would want to change paths, because I didn't see myself working nights and weekends forever. I knew a lot about the district coordinator position, since the district office was in two of the stores where I worked, and I knew I would be suited for that job and would enjoy it, so I saw it as an eventual job opportunity down the line, maybe in 5 years time. But a position opened now and if I didn't go for it, who knows when the next chance would have come, since most coordinators stay in place until their retirement. I finally got confirmation yesterday that I will be starting in my new position on July 5th. It's good that you are able to analyze what you like and don't like about your current job and what you would like to do more of. That's always the first step to bringing any type of change. What do you see as possible opportunities for you?

Finally the humidity died down overnight and we've enjoyed a cooler day with lots of wind. I was able to enjoy a midday walk and complete an upper body workout AND cook another type of casserole in the oven, all without feeling like I needed to remain in the shower forever. And to think I was feeling really tired this morning. Just trying to land squarely in the 220s at the end of this month.

Hope everyone has been enjoying a good hump day. It has felt like a Saturday for me since everything is closed for Québec's provincial holiday.

Week 1:
4:
6:
Week 2:
9: