Old 12-31-2019, 05:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Default What's Your 2020 Vision?: January 2020 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread

to the January 2020 weigh-in/check-in thread (can you believe it?!). The big holidays are behind us and a brand new year is upon on us. How will 2020 be different from 2019? Are you a resolution person? A goal setter? Do you have some unfinished business that you want to complete, or do you just like the idea of having the opportunity to begin again? Whatever your starting point, know that this thread is a place to chat, vent, and meet some great people along the way. This is a great "neighborhood" and we're always excited to have new people move in and get comfortable. Here, you will find generous support and encouragement so please take the leap and join us!

Here you can:
~track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like ... but do check in
~keep track of what you eat or didn't eat
~keep track of your water intake or lack of
~keep track of your exercise/other goals
~vent, rant ... express yourself or just chit-chat

We can and will get closer to our goals AND hit them together

Hope to see you soon. And once again, Happy New Year
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Hey y’all! I hope everyone had wonderful holidays (if celebrating) full of cheer and being with loved ones. A big thank you to Curvyfor continuing this thread! I’ve been MIA for the past few months on here. My time really got away from me with school and the holidays. With that being said, I’m happy to report I’ve stayed in the same five pound range during that time. But now it’s time to get serious again. Goals for January 2020 are do hot yoga 4-5 times per week, attempt couch-to-5k again ( my hip tendonitis doesn’t flair up this time), no eating out this month (with the exception of dates and the occasional coffee from my favorite local shop), and hit my 14k step goal. Best of luck to you lovelies! Let’s tackle 2020!!

12/31: 221.8
GW: 214.4

Week 1:
1/1:
1/2:
1/3:
1/4:
1/5:
1/6:
1/7:
Total for Week 1:
Total for January:

Week 2:
1/8:
1/9:
1/10:
1/11:
1/12:
1/13:
1/14:
Total for Week 2:
Total for January:

Week 3:
1/15:
1/16:
1/17:
1/18:
1/19:
1/20:
1/21:
Total for Week 3:
Total for January:

Week 4:
1/22:
1/23:
1/24:
1/25:
1/26:
1/27:
1/28:
Total for Week 4:
Total for January:

Final Days
1/29:
1/30:
1/31:
Total for Final Days:
Total for January:

RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #3  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

My hope this month is to make it into the 210’s. With no holidays/birthdays/etc this month I think that’s doable. I started this month at 226.6 which is down 5 from last month. I’m about to bundle up and head into the very snowy woods!

Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:58 AM   #4  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy thank you so much for keeping this monthly thread going in this new year. It’s a real source of inspiration and support for me and a place to hold myself accountable. Hope you reached your 2019 goal of walking/running 1500 miles and wishing you to set another great goal to strive for this year.

RunningRedHead nice to see you again and glad to hear that you were able to keep your weight stable during the Holidays. Wishing you success in achieving your goals this month and throughout the year,

WZin great goals to start the year clean. I’m sure you’re going to continue to kick some butt this year.

So I am dealing with an ankle sprain from slipping on some ice while walking Loki late yesterday afternoon. It’s not as painful this morning but still very stiff and tender. I am determined to not let this injury deter my efforts of getting in great shape, so I found a 40-minute chair workout from Jessica Smith, and others if I still can’t stand up much by tomorrow. It’s better than nothing, i’ve also found exercises online to work on my ankle mobility and stretches, to help with the healing process,

First thing this morning I took my measurements and for the first time, I had my husband take a couple of pictures of me to compare to later in the year, I lost 17 pounds since changing my lifestyle last June, but I know that some months I lacked consistency and need to up my game to lose more weight. During the Holidays I managed to not gain any weight despite eating a lot of crappy food, and I attribute that to the fact that I exercised 21 days in December,

So my goals this year are to work out 5-6 days per week, continue working on portion control and make healthy food choices and drink 2 litres of water each day, at least. I will also add goals as I go, but for now with my wonky ankle, I don’t want to commit to something I might not be able to stick to.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and success on your journey!

1: 40-minute chair cardio and strength workout
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Happy New Year everyone!

Thanks for starting this thread curvynotlumpy!

Congratulations on maintaining Martine! The holiday season was rough. I, too, ate crappy, delicious foods. Now, we're back at it. How's your ankle doing?

______
My baby sister is getting married at the end of the month. I'm significantly more motivated than I was in December!

My January Non-Scale Goals
  • Get back into a workout/fitness routine at least 2x a week (baby steps haha)
  • Stay under 1,500 calories each day
  • IF Monday-Friday
SW: 187.8
GW: 183.0
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:03 PM   #6  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Happy New Year everyone! We made it I am back up to my all time high of 270, but am feeling perky about the future. Thank you Curvy for the new thread!

1/1/20: 269.6

Start: 270lbs
Quarter: 236.25lbs (33.75 lost)
Halfway: 202.5lbs (67.5 lost)
Three-quarter: 168.75lbs (101.25 lost)
GOAL: 135lbs (135 lost)

gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:16 PM   #7  
Gizmo

gulfmagnolia Happy New Year to you as well and love that you're feeling perky about what's to come

WZin thank you for the recovery wishes. Ankles are tricky, because they're connected to so many tendons on all sides. Hope you figure out why yours has been giving you trouble so you can get back to those warrior balances.

shellfoself Happy New Year and how wonderful that this new month brings your baby sister's wedding! Now that the Holidays are officially over for pretty much everyone, we've got this! Thank you for enquiring about my ankle. It's doing better today, though by the end of the work day I had to take off my shoes and put on my Winter boots because the whole area was swollen.

Last night trying to find a comfortable position for my leg/ankle/foot did not make for restful sleep. This morning going down the stairs was an interesting experience, but by midday I could tell my ankle was more "loose". Though I stuck to mostly desk work, there was swelling by the end of the afternoon, but not real pain. I managed to complete a different chair workout after work, one that included 3 standing exercises, assisted by the chair: sumo squats, side leg raises and hamstring curls. I was happily surprised that I could complete all 3 without any problems. Sure there is now some bruising coming in and I heard a few pops now and then, but I am hopeful that my recovery is on track Now for some ice and a warm supper.

Have a great evening everyone!

2: 36-minute chair toning workout
Old 01-03-2020, 11:25 AM   #8  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I just remembered one of my 2020 goals! I sent in the renewal for my driver’s license. For the last 20? 30? years the weight on my license has said 160. Ha ha haha. Snort.

so my 2020 goal is to get within 10% of my legally documented weight... I think that’s doable. Maybe not 160 but within 10%. Although 160 would be super cool.

WZin, what is stealth mode?
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:29 PM   #9  

Vladadog: on your loss for last month! That’s no easy feat with the holidays and such a busy time of year!

Martine:Lovely to see you again as well! I’m sorry to hear about your ankle, wishing you a speedy recovery! What great determination you have finding a way to work toward your fitness goals despite your injury Great idea taking your measurements, you reminded me I’m long overdue to take mine as well!

Shellofself, Gulfmagnolia & WZin: :Wave: Happy New Year! How’s January treating you so far?

I haven't done the best with my step goal this week, but I am doing better with getting out with the pup, so I'll take it! I did stay on track with water, yoga, and my keto goals though, and made a trip to the grocery store yesterday so I can get some serious meal prep done today before my date. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Week 1:
1/1: 217.8 (-4.0)
1/2: 217.8 (+/-0)
1/3: 220.3 (+2.5)
Old 01-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #10  
Gizmo

It's wonderful to read about everyone hitting some goals right out of the gate

RunningRedHead I read your post a bit too fast and was about to ask you what is "water yoga". A comma makes all the difference in the world. Hope you have a nice time on your date tonight.

Vladadog that is definitely an attainable goal. I think I would die if they weighed you at the SAAQ (DMV in the USA).

WZin great job on the activity so far this month and going back down on the BMI scale. I'm too far off to contemplate even looking at that scale for now.

Day 3 of ankle recovery and I can almost walk forward 100% normally. Lateral movements are still iffy though. And my ankle is tender on both sides where the bone is. But progress is progress. I was feeling good enough today to complete a regular upper body workout. I could even go down to the floor and back up fairly easily, so maybe by Sunday I will have retrieved enough mobility in my ankle to even do a lower body workout. Big 3 days coming up at work with our annual inventory being Monday morning. Hopefully I won't be exhausted by the end of it.

Enjoy your Friday evening everyone!

3: 40 minutes upper body strength training

Old 01-04-2020, 01:50 PM   #11  

Martine: I imagine water yoga would be a great workout as well haha! It wasn’t a bad date, not sure if it will go anywhere though. Glad to hear your ankle is on the mend, hoping you continue to recover heading into the busy time of annual inventory

WZin: I’m jealous your rain finally stopped, it just started here, so I may not meet my step goal today… or maybe I’ll suck it up and walk in rain boots Way to go hitting all your goals for three days!! That’s absolutely a streak!! Where are you that it’s hot and humid (if I may be so nosy)? Glad to hear your scale is reflecting your hard work! :

Week 1:
1/1: 217.8 (-4.0)
1/2: 217.8 (+/-0)
1/3: 220.3 (+2.5)
1/4: 217.8 (-2.5)
Old 01-05-2020, 08:11 PM   #12  
Gizmo

Hope everyone has enjoyed a wonderful weekend!

Quick check-in as I am exhausted after a 12h+ work day, last preparations for our early morning inventory tomorrow. Saturday being my day off from exercising, I was back at it today with a flexibility workout, since I knew I would be exhausted after work and supper. Off to bed I go all relaxed now...

3: 40 minutes upper body strength training
4:

5: 30 minutes fluid stretches workout

Last edited by Martine; 01-05-2020 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Vladadog I have the opposite problem!! I had to renew my license last year (and it replaced my old, thin-me license!) I'm already over 50lbs lighter than I was during that picture. I promised myself that I'm going to pay the stupid fee, stand in the ridiculously long line, and re-take my photo / update my weight later this year after I reach my goal!

Martine you're such a trooper! Even with an injury, you're making time for physical wellness. Glad that you're doing better! Also totally random but "water yoga" is a real thing (sometime's called "aqua yoga")! I live by the coast in the US & people do water yoga on surfboards/any boards in the summer time. It's really freakin hard... but then again, I don't have enough flexibly and grace to do yoga on land.

WZin I love it! I'm going to use "super stealth mode" if you don't mind! I'm trying to do the same. I say "trying" because it's something I accomplish on weekdays without issue, but struggle with immensely on weekends. My Mondays are basically me recovering from Saturday & Sunday damage. Props to you for consistently staying strong!

RunningRedHead Meal prep is the way to go!! And it would work for me except that when I succeed in cooking something my husband actually wants to eat, he'll eat it all before Tuesday comes, leaving him to fend for himself Tuesday-Friday and me to eat salads for dinner every night.

_______
Back to trying to hit my elusive 185. I've yet to be at 185 for two consecutive days, so I'm hoping this is the week! I'm also picking up my bridesmaids dress later today, and I'm hoping that it fits. Because I had been loosing weight last year, my original dress fit several inches too big and it would have cost more to alter it (it was lace and pleated and so pretty) than it cost to buy a whole new dress. When I ordered a new, more simpler and affordable dress I took about a quarter of an inch off my measurements from early December. After the holidays, I'm regretting my optimism.

Jan 2: 187.8
Jan 6: 186.2
Jan 13:
Jan 20:
Jan 27:
GW: 183.0

Last edited by shellofself; 01-06-2020 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Formatting was weird
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #14  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Thanks for starting this thread, Curvy! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 175.2 CW: 171.4 (- 3.8) GW: 165.2

I have 6.2 LBS to go to reach my GW this month.

JANUARY

1. 175.2
2. No Weigh In.
3. No Weigh In.
4. 175.6 (+ .4)
5. No Weigh In.
6. No Weigh In.
7. 175 (- .2)
8. 173.2 (- 2) I'm just Overweight now!
9. 172.4 (- 2.8) I'm down 90 LBS from my highest weight!
10. 171.8 (- 3.4)
11. 171.2 (- 4)
12. No Weigh In.
13. No Weigh In.
14. No Weigh In.
15. No Weigh In.
16. No Weigh In.
17. No Weigh In.
18. 172.8 (- 2.4)
19. No Weigh In.
20. No Weigh In.
21. 172.4 (- 2.8)
22. No Weigh In.
23. No Weigh In.
24. No Weigh In.
25. 172.8 (- 2.4)
26. No Weigh In.
27. 172.4 (- 2.8)
28. 171.6 (- 3.6)
29. No Weigh In.
30. 171.4 (- 3.8)
31. No Weigh In. I didn't reach my Goal Weight but almost got out of the 170's.

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: - 3.8 LBS.

Last edited by VickieLou; 02-01-2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh In.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #15  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Wzin The only yoga poses I can do are prostrate on the floor. I applaud you. I lived in Tampa Bay for many years, Louisiana before that. Oy!! I keep reminding myself if I could run on the beach in 90 degree heat to stay fit, I can go for a walk around my neighborhood here.

Martine You are a beast! Most people would experience injury and milk it to the max, putting off any kind of exercise (it’s me, I’m most people) YOU GO GIRL!

Vlada and Shell
I lie through my teeth on the driver’s license. What a great not-just-the-scale goal you both have. I love creative and fulfilling goals that are applicable to real life, not just “I want to fit that dress” which is my go-to.

VickieLou I’m starting at a bit higher weight than you did, and your loss thus far is so inspiring! I got down to 193 and quit. I couldn’t maintain and I wouldn’t believe in myself enough to even try for so long, long enough to gain it all
back. You are killing it! Thank you for sharing

Redhead 14k step goal! Rooting for you! Awesome job maintaining weight. I have such a hard time doing that, I know how difficult it can be. Cheers!

Is it silly that I’ve only been trying for a couple days and already I feel more confident and happy? I know how far I have to go, and yes it’s daunting, but the littlest change has made an impact on my hum-drum attitude. I’ve always had a strict personal rule that if I’m working on something, I am not permitted to put myself down on it. Whether it be weight, school, work, relationships, whatever. If I work on moving forward, there will be absolutely no looking back in regret or self hatred. The absence of lamenting, blame, and self shaming has freed up a lot of time in my day. Who knew?

I wanted to get super excited when I stepped on the scale this morning and it showed 264. But suspicious little thing that I am, I stepped back on a minute later and saw 265, then 267. Time to recalibrate I suppose. For now I’ll just keep it at 269 which is what I weighed yesterday.

1/1/20: 269.6
1/6/20: 269

Start: 270lbs
Quarter: 236.25lbs (33.75 lost)
Halfway: 202.5lbs (67.5 lost)
Three-quarter: 168.75lbs (10 1.25 lost)
GOAL: 135lbs (135 lost)

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 01-06-2020 at 01:39 PM.
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote