Old 11-29-2019, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Default December to Remember: December 2019 Check-in & Accountability Thread

to the December 2019 daily weigh-in/check-in, everyone! This is an open invitation to one and all to join our little holiday party, make some new friends, and enjoy the support of some really fantastic folks

Here you can:
~track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like ... but do check in
~keep track of what you eat or didn't eat
~keep track of your water intake or lack of
~keep track of your exercise/other goals
~vent, rant ... express yourself or just chit-chat
Memory is a powerful thing. It has the ability to transport us back to specific places and times (and if you’re like my middle brother, specific dates!) in our lives. Depending on how we’re feeling at any given moment we can easily conjure up the happy moments of births, engagements, first kisses, and yes, great meals and desserts . Conversely, we can just as easily think about missed opportunities, the loss of loved ones, and moments we’d wished never happened and we can’t get back. Our memory can be a source of discouragement, or even worse, punishment .

If you’ve been reading and/or engaging with the threads on 3FC you’ll notice that lots of folks (I include myself) spend time remembering when we were “more active, was at my goal weight, worked out every day, ate better, could wear___” etc.. We we tend to see where we are as merely a stop to where we want to be without acknowledging and appreciating the current moment. We're human; it’s a natural tendency.

In making this a December to Remember let’s try to use the month to appreciate all the ways we’ve navigated the year. Work long hours at your job, school, or caretaking in any capacity? Be proud of your commitment to the various responsibilities in your life. Did you meal prep or plan at any time during this year? Congratulations on prioritizing your nutrition! Did you find some time to fit in some physical activity this year? Your body is currently thanking you. Did you spend time with people you enjoyed? What a blessing to have wonderful people in our lives! Let’s use the final month of the year to celebrate these moments and successes—however you define success—and continue to put our best efforts into all aspects of our life.

Wishing everyone a merry December filled with warmth and lovely memories
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:11 AM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

for December my goals are to Remember to:
  • stick with IF
  • walk every day
  • drink moar water
  • when eating at home stay under 1600 calories for the day
these goals should also lead to weight loss but I’m focusing on the goals and not the loss
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:01 AM   #3  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy thank you so much once again for starting this monthly thread. And thank you for the inspiring words.

November was not very successful for me, as I did not exercise or eat well consistently and gained 1 pound. But I did not give up entirely, I got back up on the saddle many times during the month, so that tells me that I am resilient. I start December on the right foot with a workout, getting it out of the way first thing after waking up so I don't talk myself out of it like I did many times in November. My goal is to get back to the consistency that has gotten me results in the past. If I make it to the 230s by the end of the month, that will just be a bonus.

The Holiday season has started and I am thrilled, because I love this time of year. We went to our first Christmas market yesterday, it was small but in a lovely setting. We bought a jar of pear and chocolate spread. I always buy one item each time we visit a Christmas market, to encourage artisans and local shops. I won't let my fitness and health goals deter me from enjoying the Holiday season though. All in moderation. And the fact that I don't have a particularly sweet tooth will help for sure.

Have a wonderful month of December everyone!

Week 1
1: 43 minutes upper body strength training with cardio intervals

Last edited by Martine; 12-01-2019 at 07:01 AM.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:37 AM   #4  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Thanks for starting this thread, Curvy! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 178.8 CW: 175.6 (-3.2) GW: 168.8

1. 178.8
2. 178.4 (- .4)
3. No Weigh In.
4. 178.2 (- .6)
5. No Weigh In.
6. 177.8 (- 1)
7. 177.4 (- 1.4)
8. No Weigh In.
9. 177.4 (- 1.4)
10. 176.6 (- 2.2)
11. No Weigh In.
12. 176 (- 2.8)
13. 176.2 (- 2.6)
14. No Weigh In.
15. No Weigh In.
16. No Weigh In.
17. No Weigh In.
18. No Weigh In.
19. 175.2 (- 3.6)
20. No Weigh In.
21. 175.4 (- 3.4)
22. 175 (- 3.8)
23. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
24. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
25. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
26. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
27. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
28. 175.8 (- 3)
29. No Weigh In.
30. No Weigh In.
31. 175.6 (- 3.2) I didn't reach my GW. But at least I had a loss of 3.2 LBS.

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS:- 3.2 LBS.

Last edited by VickieLou; 12-31-2019 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh In.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #5  
Shifty Werewolf

• stick with IF ✔️
  • walk every day - hiked 1.6 miles✔️
  • drink moar water - 😕
  • when eating at home stay under 1600 calories - not at home today. No clue re: calories...
so not a perfect start for the December to Remember but for a day I had very little control over I’m glad I at least got the hike in.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Where did November go!?! hank you for starting the thread, curvynotlumpy! Beautiful words as always <3

WZin, you got this! You're already so much farther along than I am. I do daily weigh-ins as well (but have come to accept fluctuations as part of the process).

Vladadog, we basically follow the same checklist! Except I take a break from IF & walking 4 miles daily on weekends. What IF routine do you follow?

Martine, "All in moderation." is the healthiest, sustainable sentiment I've heard in awhile going into this holiday season! Eating sweets is nearly inevitable ...Have you seen a change in how your clothes fit? With all your HIIT exercises I'd imagine you have to be slimming down even if its not reflected on the scale.
-------------
SW: 190.4
CW: 190.4
GW: 185.4

Hoping to end 2019 strong/no longer obese (BMI)!
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:55 PM   #7  
Shifty Werewolf

• stick with IF ✔️
  • walk every day - hiked 1.9 miles✔️ (2.6 by the gps app)
  • drink moar water ✔️
  • when eating at home stay under 1600 calories ✔️

shellofself I’m doing 16:8 every day. I can eat at 10am although today it was closer to 11. I’ve only been doing it a month but I find it very doable and I feel great.

Martine - I totally agree about moderation!
Old 12-03-2019, 01:15 PM   #8  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Hello darlings! Thanks Curvy for the thread Wishing everyone great success as we finish up the year and start anew. I woke up this morning feeling fat and bloated and sluggish. It’s a real eye opener, waking up with an empty stomach feeling like I just finished a buffet. I keep reminding myself how good it felt to lose weight, how good it feels post workout, how different my body feels when eating well. Now every day feels like a plateau/emotional binge day. I keep saying that I’ve got to do something, that I need to get it together, the same old song. It’s daunting, for sure. I literally need to lose an entire half of myself (let’s hope it’s the negative, b***hy half.) Still, so many others have come much farther than I’ll ever have to go, all in the time I’ve been waiting for something in myself to change. All that’s left is to actually do something. So I’ll try again. Why not on a Tuesday?!

12/3: 266.6

Start: 270lbs
1/4: 236.25lbs (33.75 lost)
1/2: 202.5lbs (67.5 lost)
3/4: 168.75lbs (101.25 lost)
GOAL: 135lbs (135 lost)

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 12-03-2019 at 01:37 PM.
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:12 PM   #9  
Shifty Werewolf

• stick with IF ✔️
  • walk every day - only 1.1 today. The small dog was malfunctioning
  • drink moar water ✔️✔️✔️
WZin is sooo right. Losing weight is easier when you’re younger. I lost 100 pounds right before menopause hit (not young of course but younger than I am now!). I repeatedly berate myself for gaining half of it back. But gulfmagnolia, don’t beat yourself up or fall prey to the plateau/emotional binge days. Taking care of yourself is hard, giving in is so easy. But it is so worth it: your joints, your heart, your brain will all benefit from the right decisions. And the older you get the more you’ll really be thankful for good decisions made when you were younger.

every day is a fresh start
Old 12-03-2019, 07:02 PM   #10  
Gizmo

WZin I think it's great to adjust your plan as you realize when it's working best for you. Very low-calorie days often end up as mini binges for me, so even though I don't track my calories per se, I eat healthy and make sure I do not go hungry, or else I might lose it.

Vladadog great job on hitting all of your goals yesterday. Reachable, feasible and trackable goals, I like that.

gulfmagnolia don't be hard on yourself, we have all been down this road and will backslide at times. Yes, why not start on a Tuesday?! In November when I was struggling, I wasn't waiting for the next week, I would just do what I could the very next day. Sending your way.

shellfofself nice to see you checking in. To answer your question, my clothes fit the way they used to fit when I was in the 240s, so yes it's an improvement from when I hit 260. I mostly feel a difference in my overall strength, but I wish the scale would follow.

So far this month I am 3 for 3 in working out and eating healthy. Yesterday part of my workout was a 100 squats challenge. Squats in all variations. I thought my legs would be dead today but so far so good. Doing this one day at a time...

Week 1
2: 37 minutes lower body strength training + 100 squats challenge
3: 15 minutes yoga/stretching + 17 minutes pilates workout
Old 12-04-2019, 10:22 AM   #11  
Gizmo

WZin maybe 1200 calories was too low if you lift weights and so the scale is not cooperating? What kind of strength training do you do (machines, dumbbells, elastic bands, bodyweight)? I absolutely love strength training (I do it at home with dumbbells), it really is my absolute favourite way to exercise.

My sleep wasn't so great last night, so I napped for a little bit after seeing my husband off to work this morning. It's milder today and snowing a bit, so when I took Loki out for his walk it was peaceful and comfortable. I completed my workout for the day, as I'll be working the afternoon/evening shift. This program I am doing has a few days of split upper body workouts, where you work two muscle areas only. Today was upper back and biceps. I was able to completed 3 sets of 8 reverse flys using 8-pound weights, going up from the previous 5 pounds per hand. But on the down sidw, epicondylistis reared its ugly head on my right forearm when I was doing bicep curls. Lots of stretching and ice to come.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Week 1
4: 35 minutes upper back and biceps strength training
Old 12-04-2019, 01:13 PM   #12  
Shifty Werewolf

• stick with IF ✔️
  • walk every day - hiked 1.6 miles✔️
  • drink moar water ✔️✔️
for those folks not seeing the scale move I saw a picture elsewhere where someone used a piece of yarn to measure their waist and every week they hung up a new piece of yarn. Not great “wall art” but it had to be satisfying to see the increasingly shorter pieces of yarn.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

gulfmagnolia Your story 100% speaks to me. I started at 285 lbs two years ago... I cant think about how far I still need to go or I'll cry, so I exclusively think "mini goal" thoughts to keep myself from getting discouraged. That said, I'm pretty obsessed with this saying:

Progress is progress, no matter how small. Don't ever forget it!

WZin - Unsolicited advice: You may want to check a calorie deficit calculator to see if you're consuming enough calories for your height/lifestyle/etc

-----

188.8 this AM. Feeling like a turtle in a marathon these days. It doesn't help that I'm sick with the flu and will have to work this weekend to finish an assignment. Christmas music is my fuel.

Last edited by shellofself; 12-05-2019 at 09:54 AM.
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:28 PM   #14  
Shifty Werewolf

• stick with IF ✔️
  • walk every day - hiked 1.3 miles✔️
  • drink moar water ✔️✔️
love that meme shellofself!

I’ve Made it to Oneferland twice in the last decade. Both times I slacked off and regained. I really want to be there again. And I never want to be back in the 200’s again. Don’t give up! Never give up!
Old 12-05-2019, 06:28 PM   #15  
Gizmo

vladadog I will keep your idea in mind about that piece of yarn. I haven't even taken my measurements since beginning again on this journey, but maybe I'm avoiding looking at that kind of number...

shellofself that saying speaks to me so much. I think that's why I keep going no matter what these days. Hope you feel better soon Enjoy that Christmas music! That's all I play around here throughout December whenever I'm cooking.

Just a quick check-in as David wants to eat the spinach and mushroom enchiladas that I prepared earlier RIGHT NOW. I completed my workout, 5 out of 5 days on plan. Today's included an 8-minutes straight HIIT workout focusing on legs. I made it through.

Enjoy a nice evening everyone!

Week 1
4: 35 minutes upper back and biceps strength training
5: 26 minutes lower body strength training with HIIT intervals + 8 minutes HIIT workout