Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2019, 01:48 PM   #16  
One day at a time
 
imthegoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 407

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnaRose View Post
Hello, I am new on here and posting half-way through the month. I am in the hope this is allowed.

Today starting fresh at 264 lbs. I am beginning my mini-goal for 25 lbs and hoping to reach around 240 in the next few months. I have fallen off with exercise and eating poorly again (I had gone down to 238 lbs and breathing better for daily ymca visits). Yesterday, I walked with my husband 2 and a half miles. It was a beautiful day here at close to 70 degrees F. Today cold again but still aiming to get out.

Daily accountability is a must for me right now. So for today's check-in:

SW-246
today weigh-in-246
exercise for last evening was a walk to the cemetary with hubby and our 3 baby chihuahuas.

I don't know many here but I am very glad to meet all of you. Hope to get a little more fluid with this by the day.

It's Mother's Day here in America and we plan to go out later to the local Mansion for tours (instead of buffet; kids and hubby haven't tried to treat this time. I love them for that!). So, Happy Mother's Day to all moms of two-legged creatures, four-legged creatures and any other babies you take your precious time and love to give to.
Hello and welcome. It sounds like you have a good plan for Mother's Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealiserMesReves View Post
I have not yet been very active in the forum, but I notice that it is hard to stay on track and feel accountable. I really hope that keeping track here will help. My highest weight was 301 lb. My weight in June of 2018 was 287. This month on 1 May it was 278. It is not much progress for nearly one year, so I want to change this.

My goals for long term :
  • improve stamina and flexibility, be more active
  • improve health, reduce pain
  • achieve weight approximately 170 lb

My goals for this month :
  • stretch every day (now I do it just once in a while)
  • get better sleep
  • consistently stop eating by 8 pm (now achieve this about half the time)
  • learn how much is a sensible portion of each food
  • reduce weight from 278.0 to 268.0

1 : 278.0
2 : 276.6
3 : -
4 : 274.6
5 : 274.4
6 : -
7 : 275.4
8 : -
9 : 273.8
10 : 273.0
11 : 270.8
You've got this. Welcome to the group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRedHead View Post
I’m playing catch up, so bear with me

Curvy: It can be very difficult to remain accountable, especially in a setting where support meetings become more spaced out. I think it’s so awesome that you have a walking lunch hour! I do this at work with a friend if she’s working, but mine is more to stay awake during nightshift I hear you on the issue not being quality sleep, but enough of it (I also have only myself to blame). This first week has had ups and downs in that regard, but it’s definitely improving. Glad to hear your group’s leader made some extra times for your group to meet, that’s excellent news! I hope all went well with the senior portraits, what a wonderful idea

Martine: Sorry to hear your knee was giving you such trouble, but I’m glad to hear that it’s getting better with some rest and ice!! Way to go on getting your walks in, that’s awesome!

Goddess, Merilung, & VickieLou: Welcome back!

Sorry for the spotty posting, my semester for orchestra was coming to an end last week and my summer courses just started up on Monday Things have been busy, I battled a cold throughout my friend’s bridal shower and bachelorette weekend, but it was still a ton of fun regardless! In other news (bear with me, because in a way this is totally related to a weight-loss journey), I began online dating. If you had told me a year (or even six months ago) that I would be joining my generation in online dating, I probably would have laughed at you. I don’t think my self-esteem and self-image could’ve handled it, but I think this whole journey has helped me get over that But let me tell you, I’m learning a lot (putting the crash in crash-course) and there are some very… let’s say “interesting” guys out there I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far!

SW: 219.1
5/7: 218.3
GW:209.0

Week 2:
5/8: 217.4 (-0.9)
Hi, sorry you got sick. Great job putting yourself out there with the online dating. Be careful. Oh, and great job on last month's progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
It will be a Summer-like day here. We went for a walk by the lake in the park this morning, as I work the afternoon/evening shift. It shows just how out of shape I am that just by walking, my heart rate goes up to 140bpm. If I stick with it, that number should improve.

5: 3.2km walk
6: 3.8km walk
I'm glad your knee is better. Great job on the walking. I've been trying to increase my steps too. I have a daily goal of 8000 up from 5000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Good morning

I hope Saturday is off to a great start for everyone. Today we're doing senior portraits for our reentry students (+25) and their families. One of my colleagues does this for her unit of first-generation, low-income students and graciously invited us to participate. She hires a very talented student photographer who does outstanding work. We did this last year and the students were thrilled with the results. It will be a long but very satisfying day.

merilung: Never too late! with all your efforts this month!

Martine: So good to hear from you No explanations needed as you can see by how little I've checked in these last two months. Like you though, I am a constant lurker on the threads

imthegoddess, Kayla, and VickieLou

It's good to see so many of the regulars checking in; it's such a good way to be accountable even if it's just a fly-by and quick hello. As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm really working on finding areas where I can be more accountable and raise the bar for myself in my life.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
That's cool about the portraits. Thanks for the hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post


Happy May 1! Good to see you Kayla and VickieLou Kayla, your goal for better sleep is an excellent one and one I struggle with as well. It's not so much good sleep as it is enough of it. I can only blame myself.

Accountability is my top priority for the month. I've been MIA on this thread for the last two months so one of my goals is to check in here at least 3 times per week. My health and wellness group is in phase three and we're only supposed to be meeting once per month. As our meetings gradually decreased my weight increased and I've cut too many corners and have gotten lazy with my good habits. Today the university where I work had a walking lunch hour and several of my group met up and walked a mile while discussing the challenges we've each experienced this month. I mentioned that I missed the accountability to the group and others agreed. I was pleasantly surprised to see an updated meeting schedule in my inbox late this afternoon from our leader; she carved out several additional times for us to meet. I'm very happy about this! I'm also making a concerted effort to handle my workload differently. I'll keep you posted as to my progress.

A wonderful evening to all.
Great that they added more group meetings.

I have school work to do today. I didn't do any yesterday. I'm so ready for a break. I have to make it through June before I get one. I looked today, and I only need six more core classes and my capstone course. I need five credit hours of electives, and they are only 1 credit each. I'll be taking 2 over the summer. I wanted to take an eight week session off in the fall because we have some traveling planned. But looking at it today, if I did that, it would mean I wouldn't graduate next Spring, but rather next Fall. I don;t want to put it off that far.It's only one more semester, but still. Have a great day everyone. Happy Mother's Day!

Last edited by imthegoddess; 05-12-2019 at 01:49 PM.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:54 PM   #17  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
curvynotlumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In the present...always!
Posts: 1,770

S/C/G: 220/205/190

Height: 5'

Default



I hope everyone is having a good Sunday and had a good weekend. It's great to see some new posters on the thread: welcome back, imthegoddess; and RealiserMesReves and DawnaRose!

imthegoddess: Congratulations on all your markers of success!!! I love when posters relay their medical updates; they truly make my heart sing. I hope you take some time to reflect on all that you've accomplished in a year because it really is impressive!

RealiserMesReves: Congratulations on getting out of the 300s and well into the 200s! That is fantastic progress. You've set some realistic goals for yourself and are already having success should be a great inspiration to keep continuing! Please keep

DawnaRose: I can relate to so much of what you wrote in your post especially eating poorly. However, you've done a great job as well dropping some serious pounds. I know with my own weight-loss history and struggle, when I succeeded at dropping 10 or more pounds it seemed to be much "easier"--all things being relative--to continue! Please make yourself comfortable on the thread.

As for me, I spent yesterday morning getting my hair cut and colored like imthegoddess. I feel like when my hair is right I can conquer the world . Today I'm at work trying to get a head start on Monday before the week begins. I'm co-presenting some material for my class tomorrow and I wanted to do some edits and streamlining to the PowerPoint the team is using. As for health and wellness efforts, my eating continues to suffer but my walking consistency is still going strong.

To all who fulfill the role of mom and mother, I hope you had a lovely and wonderful Mother's Day!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 05-13-2019 at 02:15 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #18  
One day at a time
 
imthegoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 407

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post


I hope everyone is having a good Sunday and had a good weekend. It's great to see some new posters on the thread: welcome back, imthegoddess; and RealiserMesReves and DawnaRose!

imthegoddess: Congratulations on all your markers of success!!! I love when posters relay their medical updates; they truly make my heart sing. I hope you take some time to reflect on all that you've accomplished in a year because it really is impressive!

RealiserMesReves: Congratulations on getting out of the 300s and well into the 200s! That is fantastic progress. You've set some realistic goals for yourself and are already having success should be a great inspiration to keep continuing! Please keep

DawnaRose: I can relate to so much of what you wrote in your post especially eating poorly. However, you've done a great job as well dropping some serious pounds. I know with my own weight-loss history and struggle, when I succeeded at dropping 10 or more pounds it seemed to be much "easier"--all things being relative--to continue! Please make yourself comfortable on the thread.

As for me, I spent yesterday morning getting my hair cut and colored like imthegoddess. I feel like when my hairs right I can conquer the world Today I'm at work trying to get a head start on Monday before the week begins. I'm co-presenting some material for my class tomorrow and I wanted to do some edits and streamlining to the PowerPoint the team is using. As for health and wellness efforts, my eating continues to suffer but my walking consistency is still going strong.

To all who fulfill the role of mom and mother, I hope you had a lovely and wonderful Mother's Day!
Ah, your post reminds me that I need to prepare for a training I'm leading Wednesday on grants. I didn't do enough school work this weekend, but that's okay. I really enjoyed my weekend. I'll have to watch lecture videos tonight or tomorrow to take a quiz Wednesday. Almost done with these two classes. I was looking yesterday, and I have six core classes, the capstone project and 5 credit hours of electives left and then I'll be done. I planned to graduate next May, but now I'm thinking it will be next fall based on when classes are offered. I need to take eight weeks off because we will be traveling and missing 2 weeks of an eight week course would be difficult. Maybe I'll need to speak with the advisors. I'm rambling and thinking out-loud. Have a great day everyone. Oh, I hit my 8000 step goal yesterday.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #19  
Junior Member
 
RealiserMesReves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 287/270/170

Height: 5'9"

Default

DawnaRose - I am pretty new here too. Welcome ! It is great you are starting fresh. I love the accountability. I spent years saying I don't need a group, I can do this alone, but now I see what a difference it make to share the experience and keep track of things.

imthegoddess and curvynotlumpy - thank you for your encouragement !

I feel positive to see my weight this morning at 269.8. My goal is 170, so this is the first time my goal is now (slightly) less than 100 lb away. Every little bit makes me feel more determined.

Bonne journée - I hope you all have a good day.
RealiserMesReves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:45 PM   #20  
One day at a time
 
imthegoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 407

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealiserMesReves View Post
DawnaRose - I am pretty new here too. Welcome ! It is great you are starting fresh. I love the accountability. I spent years saying I don't need a group, I can do this alone, but now I see what a difference it make to share the experience and keep track of things.

imthegoddess and curvynotlumpy - thank you for your encouragement !

I feel positive to see my weight this morning at 269.8. My goal is 170, so this is the first time my goal is now (slightly) less than 100 lb away. Every little bit makes me feel more determined.

Bonne journée - I hope you all have a good day.
You'll get there. For me, I think accountability is key.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:52 PM   #21  
Junior Member
 
RealiserMesReves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 287/270/170

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthegoddess View Post
You'll get there. For me, I think accountability is key.
I am amazed to find out how much accountability helps me ! I never would have guessed, but it really is super. It is motivating to know each day that I am going to rise the next morning and step on the scale and then sign in here and put the number. It really help me to stay honest with myself. In the past my typical action was to start being careful, check the scale, but then if my weight went up, I would give up for the day (or week or months ) and not check weight until I am deciding to try again. Now I have committed to myself to keep track every day, no matter if I like the number or not, and that is helping me make good choices about my meals and exercising. I do not expect to be perfect, but I would like to not go to the extremes of trying to be perfect versus giving up totally. I tell myself now that what matters is to stick with it as best I can.
RealiserMesReves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #22  
Kayla
 
RunningRedHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 603

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Default

I think I’m just going to resign myself to checking in once a week (still weighing every day, but chatting with you lovelies weekly) because life seems to be doing its best to get in the way again

RealiserMesReves: Welcome! It looks like you have some great goals set for yourself this month- best of luck to you!

Goddess: on making it to Onederland!! Excellent work! I hope you’re giving yourself a huge pat on the back for your awesome hard work! This whole online dating nonsense has been… interesting to say the least

DawnaRose: Welcome to this thread! Jump in as you feel comfortable It’s very nice to meet you; best of luck to you this month

Curvy:

I've been fairly busy the past week or so. I worked four nights in a row, and I think I learned that I'm not in my early 20s anymore and it's physically too much. I'm happy to be back to my normal schedule for the rest of the month. Summer classes started up and are going to be an intense amount of work, but it's only for the next 14 weeks, so it will go by quickly. I hope everyone is having a great week and a great month so far!

SW: 219.1
5/7: 218.3
GW:209.0

Week 2:
5/8: 217.4 (-0.9)
5/9: 219.2 (+1.8)
5/10: 221.8 (+1.4)
5/11: 220.7 (-1.1)
5/12: 222.4 (+1.7)
5/13: 221.0 (-1.4)
5/14: 220.3 (-0.7)
Total for Week 2: +2.0
Total for May: +1.2

Week 3:
5/15: 220.4 (+0.1) SW
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #23  
Junior Member
 
RealiserMesReves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 287/270/170

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRedHead View Post
RealiserMesReves: Welcome! It looks like you have some great goals set for yourself this month- best of luck to you!
Thank you, and very good wishes to you too. I see we are in a similar range for overall SW and GW, and I am inspired by your fantastic progress !
RealiserMesReves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #24  
Kayla
 
RunningRedHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 603

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Default

RealiserMesReeves: Thanks! It’s been quite the journey, but the ladies here have been monumental in helping me along with support and accountability Look at the progress you've already made! You've got this

SW: 219.1
5/14: 220.3
GW:209.0

Week 3:
5/15: 220.4 (+0.1) SW
5/16: 220.0 (-0.4) SW

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 05-16-2019 at 11:12 AM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:19 AM   #25  
One day at a time
 
imthegoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 407

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealiserMesReves View Post
I am amazed to find out how much accountability helps me ! I never would have guessed, but it really is super. It is motivating to know each day that I am going to rise the next morning and step on the scale and then sign in here and put the number. It really help me to stay honest with myself. In the past my typical action was to start being careful, check the scale, but then if my weight went up, I would give up for the day (or week or months ) and not check weight until I am deciding to try again. Now I have committed to myself to keep track every day, no matter if I like the number or not, and that is helping me make good choices about my meals and exercising. I do not expect to be perfect, but I would like to not go to the extremes of trying to be perfect versus giving up totally. I tell myself now that what matters is to stick with it as best I can.
Sounds like you have a good plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRedHead View Post
I've been fairly busy the past week or so. I worked four nights in a row, and I think I learned that I'm not in my early 20s anymore and it's physically too much. I'm happy to be back to my normal schedule for the rest of the month. Summer classes started up and are going to be an intense amount of work, but it's only for the next 14 weeks, so it will go by quickly. I hope everyone is having a great week and a great month so far!
I really wouldn't want to work nights. Glad your back to a normal schedule. What are you studying? I'm doing an MBA.

imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:46 PM   #26  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 545

S/C/G: 276.4/217.4/160

Height: 5'6

Default

May I jump in? I was part of the regainers group but looking like it's a empty zone and I miss the accountability!!!!

Little about me:. I will be 40 on the 25th of this month. I have four bio kids and 2 step kids. 4 kids still at home. I am married and work full time for the state. I love walking and doing diy projects. I'm a redhead and my kids always joke about me having no soul, but I assure you all I do! I have spent years yoyo cycling trying to get this off. I have fibromyalgia and a joint autoimmune disease so it's been a bit challenging. Right now I'm calorie cycling and keeping my macros at 35-40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30-35% protein. I only weigh once a week.

SW-223.4
GW-213.4

01 - 223.4
02 - nwi
03 - nwi
04 - nwi
05 - nwi
06 - nwi
07 - nwi
08 - nwi
09 - nwi
10 - nwi
11 - 220.4
12 - nwi
13 - nwi
14 - nwi
15 - nwi
16 - nwi
17 nwi
18 217.4
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:06 PM   #27  
Junior Member
 
RealiserMesReves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 287/270/170

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjenangel027 View Post
May I jump in? I was part of the regainers group but looking like it's a empty zone and I miss the accountability!!!!

Little about me:. I will be 40 on the 25th of this month. I have four bio kids and 2 step kids. 4 kids still at home. I am married and work full time for the state. I love walking and doing diy projects. I'm a redhead and my kids always joke about me having no soul, but I assure you all I do! I have spent years yoyo cycling trying to get this off. I have fibromyalgia and a joint autoimmune disease so it's been a bit challenging. Right now I'm calorie cycling and keeping my macros at 35-40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30-35% protein. I only weigh once a week.
Great you jumped in here. The accountability really helps, doesn't it.

Sounds like you have a great approach, and you are clearly making excellent progress ! I sympathize with the difficulty of dealing with pain and health issues. For me, arthritis and some other health conditions makes exercise challenging. I am always trying to achieve a balance of making progress but not push too hard and injure myself.

Here's wishing you a great week and continued good results !
RealiserMesReves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM   #28  
Kayla
 
RunningRedHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 603

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Default

Goddess: I don’t mind nights most of the time, but too many in a row and I stop feeling like a member of society I’m going for my master’s in nursing education. An MBA, wow! That sounds intense!!

Jenjenangel027: Welcome! Jump in as you like A fellow may redhead (who gets all the soulless ginger jokes as well)! and best of luck to you

SW: 219.1
5/14: 220.3
GW:209.0

Week 3:
5/15: 220.4 (+0.1) SW
5/16: 220.0 (-0.4) SW
5/17: 220.0 (+/-0) SW
5/18: 223.3 (+3.3) SW
5/19: 224.3 (+1.0) SW
5/20: 223.1 (-1.2)
5/21: 221.1 (-2.0)
Total for Week 3: +0.8
Total for May: +2.0
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #29  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 545

S/C/G: 276.4/217.4/160

Height: 5'6

Default

Realiser:. Yes accountability is HUGE! I have lost weight and gained weight too many times. I feel like with all these health issues it's a game changer on a must lose now! I know how to do it it's now really figuring out why I always let myself go! I have found walking is much easier on the joints. Thanks for the welcome!

Running:. Yes somebody who knows the endless jokes. Thanks for the welcome!!!!

This has been a crazy week. Dance recital, choir performance, and plays at school. I'm trying to build a plan for my birthday meal so I don't go to overboard! My mom is trading me to a spa day on Friday so I am really looking forward to that! The week is almost half over!!!!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.