3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Spring into action-April 2018 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/315297-spring-into-action-april-2018-daily-check-accountability-thread.html)

RunningRedHead 04-13-2018 11:33 PM

Jazzfan22: How are you liking keto? I’m thinking of switching things up with with low-carb (still with 5:2). Glad to hear that your goal feels doable and you’re feeling motivated :)

Nichelle: Way to go on your drop! :bravo: You’re idea of individually portioned brownies sounds great! I might have to give that a shot ;)

Curvy: I agree that the week has flown by. Wow! It sounds like you have a great weekend planned, full of good times and fresh air. I hope you have all the fun!

Casey: Cheat meals/days are definitely necessary to prevent insanity ;) I know you’ll have another drop soon :cheer:

Martine: Sorry to hear work is getting so stressful. Hopefully things will settle down soon :)

SW: 275.4
4/7: 277.0
GW: 269

Week 2:
4/8: 276.5 (-0.5)
4/9: NWI
4/10: 276.5 (+/-0)
4/11: 277.8 (+1.3)
4/12: 280.1 (+2.3)
4/13: 278.5 (-1.6)
4/14:

Magicsusan 04-14-2018 06:23 AM

lol, Gulfmagnolia, on being a slacker. I have no idea where the last week went. I haven't done personals for like two weeks now. Anyway, I hear you about the way a good, challenging walk can make your body feel. We finally have spring here so I've got my walking routine pumped like mad!

Opheliaphoenix, I'm sorry you're frustrated by your lack of drop. Hang in there! It seems such a short while ago that you couldn't seem to break through the 190 barrier and now you're well under it.

Martine. :hug: I know it just happens sometimes that you work as hard as you can, exercising. Then your body just seems to stab you in the back with random pain and injury and no weight loss. I'm rooting for you and I can't tell you how impressed I am with your commitment. I hope you find a loophole in the spacetime continuum so you can pull a few hours of peace out of the air! Things sound really intense.

RunningRedHead- "I didn't weigh in today..." Yeah. I'm trying hard not to do that- it lead to my awful re-gain a couple of years ago. Be careful! Glad the time with your cousin turned out okay.

Nichelle- sounds like you've got the food prep thing sorted- I'm still working on that. I think you're wise to keep the plans simple. There's nothing wrong with stacking the odds in your favor! Just out of curiosity, how old is this lady who lost 140lbs?

jazzfan, one of my SILs is a total Zumba Junkie! she loves it, and it always puts her in a great mood.

Curvy, You scare me; I had some bread this morning for the first time in ages. Will I be up tomorrow? :lol: My whole system is just bonkers (digestive system, I mean). My weight can fluctuate by several pounds, easily, depending on whenter my body has decided to hang on to some water or food. Which it seems to do in a totally random fashion. I've tried to work it if it's related to how much sleep I've gotten, salt intake, exercise... I like tracking my weight on MyFitnessPal because they graph it for you and the little spikes don't bother me as much when the overall trend is down.

Anybody I missed, apologies. I'm not great at time management. Youngest is due home from her exchange tomorrow- we have to drive to Germany to pick her up as there was no direct flight from here. In the mean time, I've been pretty on plan, bit of a cheat meal yesterday, but didn't go overboard. (We were invited to dinner so I didn't design the menu, but it wasn't a mass of calorie bombs.) I've gotten a lot of nice walks in, including walking home from work (about 8km) twice a week, and at least an hour walk on the days when I didn't do that. I've only been running once this week... It's just been one of those weeks. :( Plus I haven't really been doing other exercises as regularly as I should (weights and stuff).

Well, nevermind; if I did everything perfectly this week, there would be nowhere to go but down next week, right? Have an excellent weekend, all!

:carrot:

Jan 1: 264
Jan 8: 260
Jan 15: 258
Jan 22: 256
Jan 29: 254
Feb 8: 251
Feb 14: 248
Feb 21: 248
Feb 28: 246
Mar 7: 242
Mar 14: 241
Mar 21: 238
Mar 28: 236
Apr 4: 234
Apr 11: 233

jazzfan22 04-14-2018 03:07 PM

Magicsusan, Your walks are really long -- that's awesome! Running's hard on the joints, anyway, I think. Your progress from Jan to now is really inspiring :carrot:

curvynotlumpy, What a nice trip you have planned, I'm a little jealous! I also am very into home decor and design, it's so fun isn't it?!?

Martine, your workouts are so inspiring!

Nichelle, have you tried substituting the sugar for a sugar substitute like erythritol? I haven't baked with it yet but I just bought a product with erythritol called Swerve that is a 1 to 1 ratio substitute for sugar. It's made from a sugar alcohol so your body doesn't digest it very well, making it low carb.

RunningRedHead, I am absolutely LOVING keto. I won't lie, it was hard at first, and I did experience a couple days of the "keto flu." But, it did take while to experience the decrease in appetite that most people say happens with keto. I still had cravings and wanted to eat a large volume of food; I didn't find fatty food all that satiating, nor did I really find it enjoyable because I love vegetables and fruit. Actually, I decided to NOT cut vegetables out as much as many people on keto do because I don't love having a meat-heavy diet, which honestly probably contributed to a longer transition to ketosis because I ate 50g of carbs for awhile until inching it down to 35g, where I plan to keep it. Within two weeks of starting it, I began to experience more energy and mental clarity, but still had food/carb cravings. Now that I am a few weeks in, there's been a big change. Three days ago, I noticed a complete transformation in my appetite. I have always had a big appetite, but now it's like I've lost my hunger most of the time. When I do get hungry, I eat a well-balanced keto meal (e.g. today's lunch was kale salad with cherry tomatoes, big serving of chicken breast, and tons of goddess dressing) and am completely satisfied. Sometimes I actually have to push myself to eat because I don't want to mess up my metabolism by eating too little. I know now why there's so many people that evangelize the keto lifestyle; I am amazed at how different my subjective experience of hunger and appetite are. Furthermore, the fact that I can still even pick up convenience food once in awhile very easily and keep it keto-friendly (e.g. bunless hamburgers, burrito bowls with no rice and no beans, sashimi from grocery store) really works for me. I could write a lot more but I'll stop there so as to not overwhelm you. But I'd be happy to talk more about keto if you are interested and point you to some of the online resources I have found super useful.

--------------------------
I skipped my usual Zumba class today because I took my child to a friend's birthday party and we lingered there because we were all having a nice time. But the Saturday Zumba teacher is my favorite so I'm a teeny sad about that; I don't usually go to the gym on Sundays but since I didn't get to go today, I'll try out a different cardio dance class and see how I like it. I weighed in this morning at 179.8, which on the one hand is great because I made it into the 170s, but it's so barely in the 170s and I'm sure I'll fluctuate back up, that it doesn't totally feel like I made that mini-goal yet. Once I'm solidly in the 170s I'll celebrate that progress more.

RunningRedHead 04-14-2018 05:23 PM

Magicsusan: I’ve been better about it this week, even when I didn’t want to record it :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magicsusan (Post 5355983)
if I did everything perfectly this week, there would be nowhere to go but down next week, right? Have an excellent weekend, all!

Exactly, words to live by :yes:

Jazzfan22: Wow! Thanks for all of the great info (not overwhelming at all)! Whenever I’ve done low-carb I’ve never made it to the point that everyone talks about where the cravings are gone and the energy is through the roof. I think I get close, but end up bingeing before I get there and then the cycle repeats itself. I’m thinking that now I’m more aware of it, I’ll be able to push through and finally make it there. Way to go making it to a new decade! Here’s hoping the fluctuating doesn’t go on for too long ;)

Woke up early today and got all of my food prepped for work this weekend and I even know what I’ll be making on Monday (which will be a fast day). I met my water goal the last two days and I’m on track for that today. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

4/7: 277.0

Week 2:
4/8: 276.5 (-0.5)
4/9: NWI
4/10: 276.5 (+/-0)
4/11: 277.8 (+1.3)
4/12: 280.1 (+2.3)
4/13: 278.5 (-1.6)
4/14: 277.6 (-0.9)
Total for Week 2: +1.1
Total for April: +2.2

Martine 04-14-2018 06:42 PM

curvynotlumpy hope you will have enjoyed a great trip with your friend. Fresh air and long walks in a beautiful setting does the mind and body good.

jazzfan22 congratulations on reaching the 170s! And yes you may see a bump, but it will go right back down I'm sure. What kind of other cardio dance class are you looking at for tomorrow?

Magicsusan I hope your daughter enjoyed the exchange. How far do you have to drive in Germany to pick her up? Sounds to me like you've had an excellent week of walking. You're keeping active no matter what kind of a week you've had, you have to see the positive side. Here's to next week being more to your liking.

RunningRedHead good for you for all the meal prep. What's on the menu for this weekend? We'll be trying a new roasted red pepper pasta dish tonight.

I didn't reach my goal of exercising 6 times this week. I could've made it if I didn't skip exercising yesterday, but I was feeling rather low after work, I didn't exercise and didn't eat supper either. My boss is telling me that our district manager wants to transfer me to a new store set to open in July. The DM had asked me about my interest in said store about 6 months ago and I told her I wasn't interested, I was looking forward to another store set to open in a year or two. But apparently she's talked to my boss about transferring me again this week. I'll have to have a conversation with our DM, I don't understand why she wants to transfer me to a smaller store where I don't wish to go, when the company says that the strongest elements should be in the highest-volume stores. Not to toot my own horn, but I know I'm the strongest operations manager she has in her district (her own words), I know from talking with my colleagues that most ops managers do not want to work in our store (it's more demanding, longer hours to put in to make it work, etc.), so to me this transfer would make no sense.

Sorry for ranting, I'm trying to deal with this news and not having the greatest of weekends, but at least I got in a workout today. Exercise does help take my mind off things, even if it's just for a certain time.

08: 27 minutes pyramid HIIT workout
09: 34 minutes total body weightlifting + 10 minutes standing abs workout
10: 37 minutes kickboxing and abs workout
11:
12: 52 minutes lower body workout (weights + HIIT + pilates)
13:
14: 41 minutes upper body weightlifting

Nichelle 04-14-2018 11:16 PM

Good evening everyone!
I had a pretty productive Saturday. My mom and I cleaned my deep freezee and started cleaning my back yard (returned bottles etc)
I've been a little below my water goal the past few days but my eating has been good :)
Tomorrow I plan on making my meal plan for the week and maybe bake off some healthy snacks for my freezer :)

gulfmagnolia 04-15-2018 03:34 PM

Hello my loves! Maintained the 1lb drop this week! Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome back and the encouragement. Personals later.... Have a fabulous week :)
4/8:218.8
4/15: 218.8
4/22:
4/29:

opheliaphoenix 04-15-2018 04:42 PM

Playing a bit of catch-up again...I will continue with personals tomorrow! :wave:

First, a moment of honesty and then I will be back to my normal self in my next post. I had a bad week - both physically and mentally - last week. I don't know if TOM got to me emotionally and exacerbated things, or if it was just an off week all around, but I was feeling down, low energy, and uncharacteristically negative. I ended up joining in on eating out a couple times, eating sweets to feel better (which never actually works, not sure why that is such a universal coping mechanism...:chin:), and skipped out on most of my workouts for the week, as well as my second fasting day. So, showing an actual gain for Week Two was not at all a surprise. I also went MIA again on here, which has historically been my MO when things start going off the rails a little, health-wise. Hoping I can snap out of whatever this funk has been this week and get back to my normal routine from here on out. I think the struggle I've been having lately finally caught up to me, but I don't want to lose the reins over it. I avoided posting in here the last few days because I've been in such a negative mindset, and I don't feel like that is helpful to bring around other people dealing with similar struggles....I try to be as positive and upbeat as I can, since I feel like that helps others, as well as myself, as we all figure this stuff out. However, I don't want to just disappear completely when weeks like this happen, so thank you for letting me hash this stuff out from time to time, as well. :grouphug:

Week Two
08: 187.2 - TOM.
09: 185.2 - TOM.
10: 185.2 - TOM.
11: 186.0 - TOM.
12: 186.6 - TOM.
13: 186.0
14: 187.2
----------------------------
End of Week One: 185.6
Total Loss for Week Two: +1.6 lbs.

Week Three
15: 186.6
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 187.2
Total Loss for Week Three:

RunningRedHead 04-15-2018 04:58 PM

Casey: Sorry to hear you’re in such a bad headspace. The upside is that you’re recognizing it and taking responsibility (the hardest part!) and posting here to hash it all out (accountability, maybe the second hardest part- to me anyway- putting it all out there). I know this upcoming week you’re going to be more focused and back on track. And, although it’s what I think many of us do best at times, try not to beat yourself up too hard. TOM is over and you’re still in the same decade! :cheer: Here’s to a better headspace going forward. You got this! :hug:

Gulfmagnolia: Way to go maintaining your drop :bravo:

Nichelle: Glad to hear your Saturday was so productive! What kinds of recipes do you have on board for meal planning this week?

Martine: So sorry to hear about your work situation, that must be incredibly frustrating. Way to go getting in as many workouts in, despite being bummed out. I hope everything works out in your favor regarding your work and possible transfer. :hug: Yesterday I made roasted kale with half a sweet potato, cherry tomatoes and steak. Snacks included clementines, overnight oats, babybel cheese and I brought a bottle of orange vanilla seltzer, which I didn’t get a chance to drink. Tonight will pretty much be the same thing but with zucchini instead of kale and tomatoes. Tomorrow will be a fasting day consisting of my coffee when I wake up (tomorrow is a nap instead of sleep day because I have to wake up early to bring my dad to PT) and then a big taco salad with extra lean ground turkey, pico de gallo I made yesterday, greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and a little bit of lime juice for dressing.

I’m experimenting and switching my MFP tracking to be based off of sleep/wake times instead of midnight to midnight tracking. I have always thought that the midnight tracking basically boiled down to the same thing to combat my switching sleep schedules for shift work, but now I’m not so sure. So “yesterday” I was able to drink 5L of water. I just woke up for my shift tonight. Most of my food for work is prepped, I just have to throw together my overnight oats and roast my zucchini to go with steak. Hope everyone has a great night!

4/5: 277.6

Week 3:
4/15: 275.9 (-1.7)
4/16:
4/17:
4/18:
4/19:
4/20:
4/21:

Martine 04-15-2018 05:59 PM

RunningRedHead thank you for the kind words. Your food plan for the weekend sounds delicious. I've tried kale in a couple of recipes so far, it's not so bad cooked with a bunch of other things. David makes a salad with raw kale, at least when we buy some it doesn't go to waste. Tonight it's black bean and tofu tacos with coleslaw for us. And since I have to take a conference call tomorrow morning and won't have much time to cook before going into work for an afternoon/evening shift, David already prepared tomorrow's supper, which will be vegetarian shepherd's pie with mashed sweet potatoes.

opheliaphoenix please feel free to sound off all you want, any time you feel the need to :hug: Yes the positivity in this thread is inspiring and motivational, but sometimes things go wrong and we've all had to deal with setbacks, so sharing that part of your weight loss journey also helps everyone face their own "demons". Look at it this way: you're still in the 180s, you've not disappeared from this site and you are aware of the issues that arose last week (being aware is half the battle). Those are three wins in my book and I'm sending you :dust: so you can move forward this coming week.

Nichelle a bit of Spring cleaning eh? Making space in that freezer for healthy food is a great way to start a new week.

gulfmagnolia congratulations on maintaining this week :)

So I'm starting this week on a more positive note, trying not to think about work today. Physio exercises are going well, except the stress ball, I still don't have much strength to squeeze it. Loki is desperate for me to throw him my ball, he looks pitiful every time I bring it out to exercise. I don't know why but today I felt hungry all day long, non-stop (but I just ate normally and tried not to think about food). We watched the first three Indiana Jones movies, not much else to do on a dreary day. I just completed a workout which was made up of alternating tabata-style intervals with lower body exercises with weights. On each tabata interval that included jumping moves, my goal was to jump for half of each interval and go low-impact for the other half. Mission accomplished.

15: 44 minutes tabata and lower body workout with weights

Nichelle 04-15-2018 10:35 PM

Magicsusan - the lady who lose 140lbs is in her mid 30s I believe :) I love reading her updated every night before I go to bed.

Runningredhead - having my baked good individually wrapped helps me so much! I grab one then leave the kitchen. Helps me from eating more then one. Lol. Awesome job getting 5L water... I've haven't make my goal of 3L last 2 day might make it today though! This week is have planned for meal are:
Monday Salisbury steak with mushrooms sauce Cauliflower mash
Tuesday: Chinese chicken with steamed rice and asparagus
Wednesday: stuffed cabbage casserole
Thursday: cheese stuffed turkey meatloaf with steamed yams and acorn squash
Friday: clean eating sweet potatoe gnocchi with sauce and salad
I make the dinners so everyone(3of us) has leftovers for lunches the next day :)

Jazzfan22- I've tried stevia before and I dont like it. It have an after taste to me :( my friend uses stevia and doesn't taste an aftertaste.

Martine - the weather has finally turned nice here so spring cleaning is great. Open the windows to let clean fresh are in. :) freezer looks great being organized

I finished my meal plan for this week. And right now I have a apple spice loaf (light baking using unsweetened apples sauce and egg whites only etc) this I will cut up. Wrap in portion size. Put in my freezer for the week.
Haven't been to the gym all weekend. But I'm alright with that been fighting an cold this weekend I will go tomorrow morning though. Also I will weigh in tomorrow morning.

Martine 04-16-2018 09:02 AM

Nichelle hope that you kick that cold to the curb and that you have a good start to the week. That meal plan is certainly a very positive start.

We've had freezing rain overnight which will eventually turn to rain today. Thank god for cleats. I just completed a couple of workouts. I really struggle with bicep curls, it's the one move where my left forearm hurts the most (and I used to lift 10 pounds+ on that move too, now just 5 pounds is difficult). I'll talk to my physiotherapist about that tomorrow. Everything is timed today due to a conference call that I have to take at 10am. For once I'm actually eager to go into work today, as one of our coordinators has an interview this morning to become a manager-in-training and I can't wait to hear how it went. My boss and I helped her prepare for this interview, but now it's all in her hands.

Wishing everyone a great start to this week!

15: 44 minutes tabata and lower body workout with weights
16: 32 minutes upper body weightlifting + 8 minutes abs workout

Nichelle 04-16-2018 09:41 AM

Martine: my cold seems to be pretty much gone today! So happy it was just a short one! I need to introduce some weighs into my work out. I pretty much just do the treadmill (some incline), elliptical and recumbent bike... I was using the stair climber for a while but it was hurting my knees so I stopped. (Will add it back later though)

I'm heading into work early today because I'm going with my sister in law for her ultrasound! Super excited! They decided they want to know what they are having :) which is great for me (I'm getting sent down south to a city for conferences in a few weeks and will have some free time to do shopping!) Lol
Yesterday was beautiful out during lunch time so I made a fire in my backyard and we roasted hotdogs (150calories each with no bun lol) and I made a pasta salad (not the greatest choice but oh well 256cal per 1/2cup) with watermelon. It was nice :) my dogs loved it! ( they are too small <4pounds each> to be put in the backyard by themselves or a eagle might take off with them)
Hope everyone has a great day!

SW: 283.8
April 12th: 277 (-6.8)
April 16th: 273.8 (-3.2)

Martine 04-16-2018 09:56 AM

Nichelle your story of an outdoor fire-bbq is really, really making me long for better weather. And your dogs would not fare well in my area either; we had a falcon land on our balcony a couple of weeks ago. I'd seen them at the zoo but never one in the wild so close. Cats, squirrels, small birds and small dogs beware.

RunningRedHead 04-16-2018 01:38 PM

Nichelle: I may have to try the individually wrapped baked goods thing. Most of the time I crave savory things, but every now and then I crave sweets and I don’t want to bake anything for fear of eating the whole tray :lol: Way to go prepping for the week, sounds like you’re going to be eating some great food :carrot: Hearing about you’re cookout, I can’t wait for warmer weather, too. I’m with Martine on this one, lots of freezing rain here the last couple of days.

Martine: Sorry to hear your forearm is still bothering you. Hopefully your PT will be able to help with that tomorrow. I love kale when I’m in the mood for it (honestly, a few tmes per year). Whenever I make it, I roast it in the oven with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic until their nice and crispy (kale chips! :D). How were your tacos? They sound delicious! Great job meeting your exercise goal!

I didn’t quite hit the 4L mark yesterday (3.5L), and I’m wondering if that extra liter the day before was the primary cause of my woosh yesterday. Still a bit of a drop today, so I’m not complaining, just curious… Will aim for 5L again today. Dinner tonight will be taco salad (more salad than taco :lol:) and I’ve already pre-logged everything and will be clocking in at 519 kcal for the day, which puts me right on par for my fasting day. After last week, I’m actually starting to wonder if it would be easier to do alternate day or even 4:3 fasting, as I’m finding when I have a long time between fasting days, I don’t want to do it… I know this switch would require more planning and close attention, but I’m going to give it a shot this week, starting today. It’s miserable and raining here today (and about 40 degrees F), but I’ll be braving the weather to run to the grocery store (for dinner ingredients) and to the hardware store to pickup some paint for my cousin. I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

4/5: 277.6

Week 3:
4/15: 275.9 (-1.7)
4/16: 275.2 (-0.7)
4/17:
4/18:
4/19:
4/20:
4/21: