Old 02-03-2018, 06:13 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
Happy Saturday everyone!

Just a quick post today. I don't want to jinx it but I'm now just one pound away from my Diet Bet goal and I have no idea what's going to happen in the morning. I'm sticking with very low sodium options and drinking lots of water plus I went out for a 3 mile walk. I'm hoping that's the combination that will push me over the top. This is been one of the most difficult and challenging weeks I've ever had I have to admit but I feel great and I'm really proud of myself.

Of course I've also allowed myself a conservative day off tomorrow as we're going to a Superbowl party and while I don't plan on going insane I do plan on being less restrictive than I have been this week.

Hope to be able to post a positive update tomorrow after I've weighed in for the final time in this bet. I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Good Luck Laura!
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #32  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
Finally back in the green again at 198.8 today...whew, lol. I didn't get in all my water yesterday, but I was on-plan with everything else. Going to make sure I sweat some more today and focus on the water and see if we can keep it moving down! I want to hit 197 before the 8th, because I set an appointment to get a haircut that day to celebrate how much I've lost so far, and I want to hit that big milestone before I get it done...lol. (Just planning to cut off 6-8 inches, since my hair is long enough to touch the bottom of my butt/top of my thighs right now, but I also want to get bangs of some kind!) Fingers crossed that I can hit that number before then and that the cut turns out okay!
That's some long hair your talking about. I'm sure it will look great when it's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRedHead View Post
Happy Saturday everyone! I’m down almost a pound after meticulously watching my sodium and fat intake for the day yesterday. I've for the most part been eating no meat, if I do it's very lean meat like 99% lean ground turkey, and I've noticed on the days that I stick with my goal of eating whole grain/whole food carbs and low fat, I have slow but consistent losses. I'm hoping to be able to keep up that trend on vacation, as we're going to be in a condo with a kitchen so we can make most of our own meals and we'll be walking just about everywhere. Have a great night everyone and enjoy the super bowl if you're watching, or enjoy whatever you choose to do instead
Congratulations on the drop. Having a kitchen on vacation is so nice. We are going to Orlando in March, and I rented a vacation townhouse.

For everyone superbowling it tomorrow, have fun. I'll be spending time with Quantitative Business Analysis (statistics). I do know how to live, hahaha.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:52 AM   #33  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Morning all!

Well in the immortal words of Maxwell Smart, "missed it by that much!" I stepped on the scale and was 0.2 lbs shy of the bet and so did not win. I was really pleased with my efforts and the bet did what I hoped it would: kickstart my weight loss journey. This 10lbs has been the hardest and realest to lose. The previous 60 were challenging but I never felt like it was due to my efforts and choices because I was going along with the pre-portioned foods of Medifast. This past month was all down me and my options. I learned a lot about myself and navigating not only the rest of my loss journey, but also how I will handle the maintenance for the rest of my life.

OpheliaPhoenix I am really rooting for you to reach the 100lb down milestone in time for your hair appointment!! Well deserved!!

Nichelle I too am going to be travelling this week and while I'm not as concerned about the weather, I do have unusual hours and 5 days of eating out to look forward to. I think I'm just going to go easy on myself and not check the scale until a week after I get back to let the water weight reduce. Have a good time getting to know your coworker better, it can be a great time and will really help your working relationship.

Goddess great work on sustaining the plank challenge!! Keep it up!

Kayla It really is amazing how the sodium impacts our journey, isn't it? Slow and steady really does win the race. I love when I go on vacation and have a kitchen available. I usually come home afterwards feeling healthy and not like garbage.

Hope everyone enjoys Super Bowl Sunday!! I had a nice healthy, filling breakfast this morning and am looking forward to sampling a variety of fun foods!

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 02-04-2018 at 09:11 AM.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:58 AM   #34  
One day at a time

Good Morning. I woke up to a pesky, demanding cat so I finally gave in and got up to feed the poor starving thing. He just happens to have access to a full bowl of kibble anytime he wants. I did the happy dance when I stepped on the scale this morning. Still moving in the right direction.

Laura, I know what you mean by the difference between following a plan and doing it all on your own. Twice before, I did Jenny Craig and lost about 80 pds. As soon as I stopped eating the prepackaged food, the weight started coming back on along with extra. I know, and have known what I should eat. This time I am doing it by logging my food I prepare myself and staying on plan. For the past year or so, I have also tried to eat mostly organics and less processed foods.

For those of you watching the superbowl, enjoy your day. Check in later, bye.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:56 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Wanted to see if I could squeeze in a post this morning. I’m typing on my 📱 which is less than ideal so apologies for the choppy nature of the writing.

opheliaphoenix: Crossing fingers and toes that you meet your goal before your hair appointment. What a wonderful way to celebrate your success!

Laura: You may have missed but you rallied! If I remember correctly weren’t you four pounds away just a few short days ago? You did awesome!

Nichelle: Great job getting back into your regular gym routine so soon after returning from vacation! Not easy. Safe travels to and from your conference.

imthegoddess: Well done keeping the scale moving in the right direction!

Happy Sunday, everyone!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:36 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: It sounds like you are working with a wonderful supervisor. You are very lucky to work with someone who has such strong leadership skills. It can be difficult to work with coworkers who are unprofessional or ungrateful, and sometimes difficult not to let yourself get sucked into the negativity. Way to stay insightful and strong.

Laura: I agree with you about coming home feeling healthy instead of like garbage. You were so close to your goal for the Diet Bet, and like you said previously, you did phenomenal considering you joined a week in! Way to go, Laura!!

Imthegoddess: Having a kitchen definitely makes it easier to make better choices and eat lighter, healthier options (with the exception of going out a couple of times, of course). It’s all about that balance, right? Aren’t cats fickle that way? My cat used to wake me up every morning around 3-4AM by finding a piece of paper somewhere in the house, bringing it right next to my head and shredding it so it makes that crinkling noise. That noise still irritates me, I think she conditioned me to hate the noise by associating it with being woken up (I’m cranky until I get my Way to go on your drop!

Hello everyone! I’m sitting here writing to you all while I eat my “breakfast.” Today it’s overnight oats with almond milk, greek yogurt, half a banana, blueberries, cinnamon and nutmeg with a tiny drizzle of honey. Today’s festivities include cooking homemade pizza (one loaded with veggies ) and some buffalo meatballs made from extra lean ground turkey and all sorts of good spices. Putting the last minute touches on my packing (do I really need to bring this much clothing?) and getting amped up for tomorrow Have a great night everyone!

SW: 281.4
GW: 275.0

Week1
2/1: 283.0 (+1.4)
2/2: 280.1 (-2.9)
2/3: 279.2 (-0.9)
2/4: 279.0 (-0.2)

2/5-2/15: Vacation
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #37  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

RunningRedHead: I hope you have an amazing time on your vacation!!! Scale or not, lol. And, that's awesome that you'll actually have a kitchen to work with while you're there! We'll see you when you get back.

imthegoddess: Thank you, I hope so! I always get so nervous when people touch/cut my hair, because it has been like a security blanket...sometimes almost literally, haha. And, I hope you're able to have some time to relax today after working with your business statistics...lol.

Laura: That is so close! Everyone has until the end of tomorrow to do final weigh-ins too, so you might still get it if you want to use that extra time? Either way, I am glad it worked as a kickstarter!

Curvy: Thank you! After this week has gone a little slower, I sincerely appreciate all the crossed fingers (and toes!) and well wishes to get to that milestone on time, lol.

----------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 198.6 today. I didn't quite hit my water goals yesterday either, but I will do my best to hit them today. We're not really doing anything for SB Sunday today, so it should just be a normal day exercise and food wise. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Week One
01: 199.8
02: 199.6
03: 198.8
04: 198.6
05:
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 02-05-2018 at 03:45 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:01 PM   #38  
Gizmo

opheliapheonix I remember having hair past my butt. I've had it shorter like in my picture, but I've been letting it grow again for months and now it's about down to the middle of my back. I like it longer if only for the fact that I can tie it up when I exercise. You'll have to post a newer picture with your new hairstyle

RunningRedHead your Superbowl food sounds delicious. We're having veggie burgers and David insists on making nachos, that's all he's talked about for a couple of days now. I have to try overnight oats sometime. I eat traditional oats once in a while, but that recipe you mentioned is making me want to try the overnight oats trend. Enjoy your trip in the sun!

curvynotlumpy it's wonderful to have a good boss, isn't it? My immediate boss is a terrific man, very human and very dedicated. And his boss, which is my boss too, I've known for almost 20 years and she's very much in the same vein. Hope you enjoy the Superbowl.

imthegoddess glad to see the scale is moving for you. And great job on the plank challenge. I actually like the feeling of feeling my muscles after working out. Now that you took your last dose of medication, are you feeling better? This chest congestion is so difficult to beat this year.

Laura your determination during the DietBet was inspiring. 0.2 is nothing, you should be so proud of yourself. You're really taking control and analyzing what you need to do on your own to get the results you want.

Nichelle you're so consistent with the gym! Hope the driving conditions on Thursday will be good. You sure have to get to know that co-worker quickly, sharing a room like that.

I am happy to finally have something positive to report in regards to my health: I have exercised today. I chose upper body weight training because that is really what I love most and even though I'm not 100% yet, I knew I could make it through. I was pleasantly surprised that I could lift like I did before getting sick. Now on to the Superbowl. Go Eagles! (no offense to Pats fans, but I'll take the underdog)

04: 34 minutes upper body weight training

Last edited by Martine; 02-04-2018 at 06:03 PM.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:07 PM   #39  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRedHead View Post

Hello everyone! I’m sitting here writing to you all while I eat my “breakfast.” Today it’s overnight oats with almond milk, greek yogurt, half a banana, blueberries, cinnamon and nutmeg with a tiny drizzle of honey. Today’s festivities include cooking homemade pizza (one loaded with veggies ) and some buffalo meatballs made from extra lean ground turkey and all sorts of good spices. Putting the last minute touches on my packing (do I really need to bring this much clothing?) and getting amped up for tomorrow Have a great night everyone!
Your meal plan sounds wonderful. Tell me about these overnight oats. Have a wonderful trip, I am very envious. I wanted our March vacation to be a beach vacation, but my husband mentioned Disney, and here we go. Speaking of coffee, I saw this this morning, and thought it was perfect for me. [IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...33_7994949.png[/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
Weigh-in was 198.6 today. I didn't quite hit my water goals yesterday either, but I will do my best to hit them today. We're not really doing anything for SB Sunday today, so it should just be a normal day exercise and food wise. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Yay, I see an 8! Yes, an 8 not a 9. you did it. The scale sure made you wait. Don't fret about the hair. It always grows back. I'm one of those people who always wants longer hair, but when my grows, it looks like crap. I have very fine hair. I'll let it grow longer for me, then cut it off. It always grows back.

Last edited by imthegoddess; 02-04-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #40  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post

I am happy to finally have something positive to report in regards to my health: I have exercised today. I chose upper body weight training because that is really what I love most and even though I'm not 100% yet, I knew I could make it through. I was pleasantly surprised that I could lift like I did before getting sick. Now on to the Superbowl. Go Eagles! (no offense to Pats fans, but I'll take the underdog)

04: 34 minutes upper body weight training
I'm glad your feeling better, and were able to work out. I'm feeling better, but still not 100%. I slept a lot yesterday, so that was good.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:13 PM   #41  
NOOM user

Quick check in. OpheliaPhoenix my final weigh in had to be today because we were/did go to a Superbowl party tonight and while i didn't overindulge too much, there will be definite sodium weight gain tomorrow.

Will write more tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:55 AM   #42  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Wow! These weeks seem to go faster and faster.

Nichelle- you are epic! Up at 3:30 to go to the gym? Hope you got your nap in.

Martine- I wish you a continued speedy recovery. Sounds like you're on the right track with the weight training!

Traveller- It's nuts how left to our own devices, it's usually a lot easier to eat only what we need... If I never had to cook dinner I would probably never eat it- I'm usually not that hungry in the evening. But I cook for the family, and when I cook it, I tend to eat it...

Laura- That's interesting about the sodium- is the salt causing your body to hang on to the fat, or just water, do you think? Hmmm...

imthegoddess- I think you and I have similar goals. 1kg/2.2lbs per week is about 10 pounds a month. I hope you feel like yourself soon!

Futurehealthyme- some months are just like that. But it's February now. Time to fight!

Opheliaphoenix- It can sometimes be painful to see one's backslides illustrated to vividly, but on the other hand, it's a great tool for analysis. I sincerely hope this is the last time, but I say that every time

Curvynotlumpy- I think that's a great NSV, being content. Heck, that's a great victory altogether!

Runningredhead- OMG your cat Ours has been exceptionally friendly since the littlest left for Colombia. He usually sleeps in her bed and he's missing her. Your breakfast sounds delicious!

This should be an interesting week. I had my birthday saturday, and two of my 3 daughters made me a voucher for a random baked good The third said she will bring me something back from Colombia. I hope it's not edible We wen't out for Ethiopian food on Saturday and even though the calorie amount that I found in My Fitness Pal was under my allowance, I didn't lose any weight this week. I'm guessing it might be the salt? I will redouble my efforts to drink adequate water this week (around 2l per day?) and stick to the plan. I'm 400g behind schedule, but since I lost about 1.5kg(!) last week, I'm not that surprised. I promise not to panic before next week. I'm also officially changing my weigh-in day to Wednesday. So Pfffffbt, Monday!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:44 AM   #43  
NOOM user

Happy Monday all!!

Martine and Goddess glad you're both feeling better!

MagicSusan oh yes, sodium is a major factor in weight gain. The water retention, from what I can figure out is stored in the muscles I think. I say that because on days where my weight goes up, my scale says my muscle mass is way higher than normal. It can take a good few days for the system to flush out.

Thanks to all for the positive energy on the Diet Bet outcome.

Survived Superbowl Sunday! Overall, I feel good. Yes, I did not restrict myself, but I didn't go crazy either (for the most part). We arrived at the party/pub at 2 and were planning on leaving at 8 so we knew we had time to graze. Three of us split a small order of chicken wings and poutine (each having just under a third of the serving - less because we shared the poutine with a fourth person). Later, my husband wanted mozzarella sticks and I had one. We shared a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and fries (which for us is huge - we never split main dishes, ever, even when we would order them and there was clearly too much food; we always came away from the meal saying, "if we had only shared that meal we would have saved money and calories"; so now we're doing that!).

Things went off the rails with dessert. I ordered a brownie sundae thinking it would be a smaller option. Turns out it's not. They serve a brownie that is about 6 servings of a regular brownie in a pasta bowl/big soup bowl. My friends helped me eat it, but there was a point where I did hit a pain wall of it being too rich and I stopped. That is my only disappointment, that I didn't take a taste portion and leave the rest. I know this is a lot of food, but we did eat it over the course of 6 hours, so there's that.

Unfortunately, while I was chatting with someone at the party who was seated, I went to crouch down to be closer to his level and felt my knee ping. Now I have major knee pain and cannot walk down stairs. I am working from home today with my leg elevated and am icing it through out the day. Took painkillers too and hope this doesn't derail me long.

This morning I stepped on the scale to face the sodium bomb results and overnight I gained 4.2lbs. If you take the math that 1 pound is equal to 3500 calories, I would have had to eat almost 15,000 calories yesterday and while I grant you I did eat more than normal, I don't think I hit that number. However, the amount of sodium consumed was likely 10x more than I should have and is resulting in this temporary gain.

For the six hours we were there, I was constantly drinking soda water and even then on the 2 hour drive home I had to stop and get water because I was so thirsty, so that is a huge clue that I overdid it on the salt.

Back to tracking and making smart choices today. Oh, and water, water water!!!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!
Old 02-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Morning all.
Hope everyone's weekend was great! Sunday was my lazy day... i skipped the gym and slept in lol i did how ever had to shovel my driveway again which takes over an hour... the snow can stop anytime now...you cannot see my fence anymore and i'm starting to run out of room to put the snow lol.
I got my grocery shopping done yesterday and made a meal plan for the week... i have three different slow cooker meals because I'm working my double shifts again and really dont want to eat the fast food. i should really get some grab and go lunches/dinners in my freezers for these days (goal for this coming weekend..?) And I just made a batch of skinnytaste Whole wheat pancakes... im going to freeze them. prefect breakfast when im running late (just take them out of the freezer and pop them into the toaster)
I got my new fitbit on Thursday afternoon and i am loving it! i bought the Charge 2... my last one was a Flex... so this one is a HUGE upgrade for me.

magicsusan I get up at 3:30 am so i can go to the gym by 4 am with my mother. she works at 5:30 am. plus there is almost no other people at that time in the morning which is nice!

Matine it snowed all weekend :/ a friend drive a apart of the hwy i need to take over the weekend and she said it was bad (thats something from her to say because she does a lot of winter driving). i told my new co worker that i am okay with her driving really slow... i rather drive slow and get there then be driving hwy speed and hit black ice :/ our boss drove to the town next to us (about 144km) and she said she drove 70km/hr max... and we usually drive 110km/hr... if the weather is really snowing im just going to tell my boss i dont feel comfortable driving there. im sure shed understand.

I did find out the hotel we are staying at has a gym... which make me happy. now i just need to make myself go...lol.

<3 have a grate day ladies <3
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:45 AM   #45  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsusan View Post
This should be an interesting week. I had my birthday saturday, and two of my 3 daughters made me a voucher for a random baked good The third said she will bring me something back from Colombia. I hope it's not edible We wen't out for Ethiopian food on Saturday and even though the calorie amount that I found in My Fitness Pal was under my allowance, I didn't lose any weight this week. I'm guessing it might be the salt? I will redouble my efforts to drink adequate water this week (around 2l per day?) and stick to the plan. I'm 400g behind schedule, but since I lost about 1.5kg(!) last week, I'm not that surprised. I promise not to panic before next week. I'm also officially changing my weigh-in day to Wednesday. So Pfffffbt, Monday!
I'm sure Columbia has lots of non food related items for your daughter to pick up for you. Did she make it there okay and without incident? I hope she has a blast. Lack of weight loss could very well be salt related. Just drink lots of water to flush out your system. Good move changing your weigh in day. Monday is a mental no no for me in that regard. Finally, yes, we do seem to have a similar monthly goal. I think it is realistic, and here's to us reaching it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
Survived Superbowl Sunday! Overall, I feel good. Yes, I did not restrict myself, but I didn't go crazy either (for the most part). We arrived at the party/pub at 2 and were planning on leaving at 8 so we knew we had time to graze. Three of us split a small order of chicken wings and poutine (each having just under a third of the serving - less because we shared the poutine with a fourth person). Later, my husband wanted mozzarella sticks and I had one. We shared a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and fries (which for us is huge - we never split main dishes, ever, even when we would order them and there was clearly too much food; we always came away from the meal saying, "if we had only shared that meal we would have saved money and calories"; so now we're doing that!).

Things went off the rails with dessert. I ordered a brownie sundae thinking it would be a smaller option. Turns out it's not. They serve a brownie that is about 6 servings of a regular brownie in a pasta bowl/big soup bowl. My friends helped me eat it, but there was a point where I did hit a pain wall of it being too rich and I stopped. That is my only disappointment, that I didn't take a taste portion and leave the rest. I know this is a lot of food, but we did eat it over the course of 6 hours, so there's that.

Unfortunately, while I was chatting with someone at the party who was seated, I went to crouch down to be closer to his level and felt my knee ping. Now I have major knee pain and cannot walk down stairs. I am working from home today with my leg elevated and am icing it through out the day. Took painkillers too and hope this doesn't derail me long.

This morning I stepped on the scale to face the sodium bomb results and overnight I gained 4.2lbs. If you take the math that 1 pound is equal to 3500 calories, I would have had to eat almost 15,000 calories yesterday and while I grant you I did eat more than normal, I don't think I hit that number. However, the amount of sodium consumed was likely 10x more than I should have and is resulting in this temporary gain.

For the six hours we were there, I was constantly drinking soda water and even then on the 2 hour drive home I had to stop and get water because I was so thirsty, so that is a huge clue that I overdid it on the salt.

Back to tracking and making smart choices today. Oh, and water, water water!!!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!
Oh, I'm sorry about your knee. Take it easy, and hopefully, it's nothing serious. If it doesn't feel better in a day or so, please have it checked out. Sounds like you had a great time at the party. As you said, one pd is 3500 calories, and we know there is no way you had that much. Just stick to your water, and it will come right back off.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Well, I hit the 10 pd mark since January 2nd. I'm on I don't know how it's possible I'm down 7 pds in 5 days, but I'll take it anyway I can get it. I think it must be a combo of loosing water weight, and stopping the prednizone. I hope the rest of February comes off without a hitch. Have a fabulous Monday everyone.

Last edited by imthegoddess; 02-05-2018 at 09:49 AM.