3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   No gain, reclaim November-Check-in & Accountability Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/314465-no-gain-reclaim-november-check-accountability-thread.html)

curvynotlumpy 11-01-2017 11:16 AM

No gain, reclaim November-Check-in & Accountability Thread

Good morning :coffee2:

I noticed that a November thread hadn't been started so in the spirit and motivation of love2b150, aka, Rennie, who starts these threads and loyally keeps us on track, welcome to the No Gain, Reclaim November thread!

Here you are free to post your goals, current weight, updates on diet and exercise or simply check in and know that you have a group of accountability and conversation friends. Everyone is welcome!

Remember, what's done is done, what's past is in the past. Let's use November to reclaim our goals to become our best self. Best of luck to everyone as we move through the month and the long holiday season!

opheliaphoenix 11-01-2017 03:21 PM

Hello, everyone! :wave:

I will be staying with my usual goal of about 10 lbs, but I'm going to round it up just a smidge to 10.4 lbs, so I have an even number for my goal of 222...that will finally put me back below where I was before this summer's move that threw me off the rails, and I will FINALLY feel like I am getting a fresh start back on track. It's sad that it will be the end of November before I'm back where I was back in MAY, but at least I will be back where I started and ready to keep moving down to break this 220s curse, lol. Best of luck to us all this month! :goodluck:

--------------------------------------

October 31st Weigh-In: 232.4
Month Goal Weight: 222.0
November 30th Weigh-In: 220.6
Total Month Weight Loss: 11.8 lbs.

Week One
01: 230.4
02: 230.0
03: 230.8
04: 230.6
05: 230.2
06: 229.0
07: 228.0
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One: 4.4 lbs.

Week Two
08: 227.4
09: 226.8
10: NWI.
11: NWI.
12: 226.2
13: 227.4
14: 227.2
End of Week One: 228.0
Total Loss for Week Two: 0.8 lbs.

Week Three
15: 226.2
16: 226.4
17: 225.6
18: 225.0
19: 224.2
20: 224.4
21: 224.2
End of Week Two: 227.2
Total Loss for Week Three: 3.0 lbs.

Week Four
22: 223.6
23: 233.2
24: 223.6 - TOM.
25: 222.8 - TOM.
26: 223.8 - TOM.
27: 223.2 - TOM.
28: 221.2
End of Week Three: 224.2
Total Loss for Week Four: 3.0 lbs.

Final Days
29: 220.8
30: 220.6
End of Week Four: 221.2
Total Loss for Final Days: 0.6 lbs.

opheliaphoenix 11-01-2017 03:56 PM

Thank you for starting the thread for us, Curvy! :hug:

---------------------------------------

My first weigh in was a whoosh to 230.4, but I barely drank any water yesterday, so I think I may be a little dehydrated! (Expecting a bit of a bump back up tomorrow, but hope not!) I was surprised to see a drop considering we always have pizza on Halloween, and I had 4 slices...they were smaller, but it's still FOUR slices...lol. I was careful with the candy, though, and only had one fun-size Snickers Almond bar all night for Halloween. I think skipping lunch in preparation for it helped a little, too. Now to continue to be as careful with this sudden MOUNTAIN of candy we have in the house, that's the challenge. I've even given out several gift bags of the best candies to the neighbors, and we still have a ton!

How was everyone else's Halloween? :witch:

Martine 11-02-2017 07:40 AM

Thank you curvynotlumpy for starting this thread. I hope everything is alright with Rennie, she has been so consistent in setting up this monthly thread.

opheliapheonix I am in awe an envious of your constant weight loss. We don't really celebrate Halloween (we don't have kids and live on a second floor, makes it hard to pass out candy or decorate). But David wanted to watch a horror movie (I never watch horror movies anymore after bring perturbed by The Ring, but on Halloween I'll watch with my eyes covered), so he put on The Shining but he fell asleep 30 minutes in.

Another month starting, wishing success to everyone!

01: 38 minutes cardio upper body workout

curvynotlumpy 11-02-2017 11:31 AM

Good morning :coffee2:

I'm happy folks are finding the new thread. Martine, I was concerned as well as Rennie is our steadfast thread leader and has never missed a month in the whole time I've been active here. On that note, I messaged Rennie yesterday to let her know that I had started the new thread and to find out how she is. She responded pretty quickly. All seems well but currently she's working close to 70 hours per week which isn't good by any stretch of the imagination. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers that her schedule relents soon.

opheliaphoenix: :bravo: on your whoosh! That's a great way to start the month! As for Halloween, I live in a condo complex. There is a nice mix of owners and renters. My first year there, about 5 years ago, my doorbell would not stop ringing with :haphal:. It's been a slow decline each year since so I no longer give out candy. I do still enjoy seeing the costumes and seeing the kids having fun. Other than that it's pretty much a regular day. ;)

LauraRVA42011 11-02-2017 01:19 PM

Hey all!

I've been away from the forum for a few weeks. I am no longer doing Medifast as I kind of burned out after 10 months on the program and I was done with the food. Two weeks ago I signed up for NOOM Coach and have lost 7lbs since then. I'm happy with it so far. Of course, I'm in the honeymoon phase so we'll see how I feel in a few months. I am happy that I have been losing with a balanced diet and moderate exercise plan. Looking forward to journeying with you all again!!!

Weigh in 10/31 - 237.3
Nov 1 - 236.7
Nov 2 - 236.7

Traveller 11-02-2017 03:33 PM

Thanks for setting this up curvynotlumpy!

My November goal is 7.4 pounds or 182. My losses have slowed now since I've gotten smaller! October was a slower month for me but I am very motivated to lose right now.

November 1: 189.4
November 2: 188.8
November 3: 188.0
November 4: 187.0
November 5: 186.2
November 6: 185.8
11-7: 185.8
11-8: 187 (TOM)
11-9: 186.8
11/10: 184.6
11/11: 184.0
11/12: 183.6
11/13: 182.8
11/14: 181.4 (Goal!)
11/15: 183.4
11/16: 182.6
11/17: 182.8
11/18: 182.4
11/19: 183.4
11/20: 182.4
11/21: 181.6
11/23: 181.6
11/29: 185.4 (overeating while travelling)
11/30: 183.0

opheliaphoenix 11-02-2017 05:35 PM

Martine: We usually watch horror movies the whole week of Halloween, but we've been watching the second season of Stranger Things, so we watched that instead...lol. And, we live on a military installation, so tons of people around us have young children, so we bought a lotttt of candy to prepare, but - because the houses on our street weren't as decorated as other streets in the neighborhoods - we ended up grossly overestimating how many people would come by our house. We'll definitely be buying less candy next year!

Curvy: Thank you! And, I agree...the costumes are the best part, by far. :yes:

Laura: I've been wondering how you've been! Glad you're back and posting. :)

Traveller: Best of luck this month...you've got this! :cheer3:

Weigh-in was 230 on the dot today. I didn't go out for a walk last night, because I ended up having to do a massive grocery/household shopping trip since we seemed to have run out of everything all at once -- does that happen to you guys? I feel like, every once in awhile, it will be like -- *BOOM* -- everything is gone all at the same time. It's a pain in the butt when that happens, lol. But, anyway...I didn't get my walk in, but I definitely got some cardio in from that trip. :lol: I also ended up eating an entire pint of ice cream while watching TV tonight (thank goodness it was Halo Top and less than 300 cals), so I want to be better about that....the late night snacking is starting to creep back up on me, because we're marathoning a series on Netflix currently. That's always my biggest trigger. I just about hit my max calories, but - by some miracle - ended up staying ever so slightly under.

Week One
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

LauraRVA42011 11-03-2017 06:24 AM

Happy Friday all!

This weekend holds a HUGE challenge for me. My husband and I are spending the weekend in New Orleans and there are so many great food opportunities. It is a once in a lifetime trip and I don't want to deny myself. I'm going to try to be as balanced as I can.

I recorded a small gain since yesterday where I dabbled in too much chocolate. I do plan to walk around over the weekend to offset the over indulgence.

Have a great weekend!!!

VickieLou 11-03-2017 10:17 AM

Thanks for starting this challenge, Curvy. Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 219.4 CW: 219.4 GW: 209.4

1. No Weigh In.
2. No Weigh In.
3. 219.4
4. No Weigh In.
5. No Weigh In.
6. No Weigh In.
7. No Weigh In.
8. No Weigh In.
9. No Weigh In.
10. No Weigh In.
11. 219.6 (+ .2)
12. No Weigh In.
13. No Weigh In.
14. No Weigh In.
15. No Weigh In.
16. No Weigh In.
17. No Weigh In.
18. 219.4
19. No Weigh In.
20. No Weigh In.
21. No Weigh In.
22. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
23. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
24. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
25. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
26. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
27. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
28. No Weigh In.
29. No Weigh In.
30. No Weigh In.

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: LBS.

:turkey: :thanks1:

gulfmagnolia 11-03-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy (Post 5337278)

Remember, what's done is done, what's past is in the past. Let's use November to reclaim our goals to become our best self.

This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear. This is what November will be all about for me. Thank you, Curvy :hug:

Hi darlings! Happy November! I totally slacked off the end of October with Halloween celebrating and finally getting back out into the world. This month I'M DOING IT! (With the obvious exception of Thanksgiving day). I have not weighed in a couple weeks as I know for certain there was a major gain. My own doing and no uncooperative body or unjust water weight this time...all me. I will go back to my regular once a week Sunday weigh in this weekend. Is it strange I am actually looking forward to getting back on track? So happy to see everyone here xo

11/1: no weigh in
11/5:
11/12:
11/19:
11/26:
11/30:

curvynotlumpy 11-03-2017 08:04 PM

:wave: and good evening!

Happy Friday! I hope everyone has had a good day and week. It's been a long week for me so I'm happy it has wrapped up.

gulfmagnolia: Love your attitude! You will succeed! :hug:

VickieLou: Nice to see you back posting on this thread. Good luck this month!

LauraRVA42011: A couple of years ago one of the major Student Affairs conferences was held in New Orleans and everyone who attended reported back on the food before they every mentioned the conference itself! :rofl: Enjoy the time away with your DH. :hug: By the way, I'm totally stealing the term, "food opportunities". :lol:

Weight has been up and down this week and I'm sitting at 210.0 today. I haven't really eaten a meal today as I started the day with an 8 a.m. meeting that lasted two hours, followed by another hour long meeting followed by an interview I was conducting. By the time three o'clock rolled around it seemed weird for me to eat and I wasn't particularly hungry. I am now though! :eating2:

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

opheliaphoenix 11-03-2017 10:04 PM

Laura: Have fun in New Orleans!!! :carrot:

VickieLou: Best of luck to you, as well! :)

gulfmagnolia: That's not strange at all! The feeling of being back on track is a wonderful and self-validating one, so I get it. I bet November will be a great month for you! :yes:

Curvy: Enjoy your weekend...especially after a long week! :beach:

Up a little to 230.8 today. Chalking that one up to a salty dinner, since I made fajitas again last night. (Low cal, but LOTS of sodium...still have to be careful with them.) I ate the leftovers for lunch, so hoping I don't hold onto the water retention again tomorrow. We shall see. Not much else to report. Hope everyone is having a good evening! :grouphug:

Week One
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Martine 11-04-2017 07:22 AM

Hope everyone will enjoy a great weekend. We're right at freezing temperature right now, very cold this morning brrrrr.

opheliapheonix what are you marathoning on Netflix? Water will help you flush out that tiny increase in no time.

curvynotlumpy I've had many of those days where I just work and then realize I didn't have lunch. Hope you get to relax this weekend after this long work week. Anything planned?

gulfmagnolia it's not strange at all to look forward to going back on plan. There is a real feeling of empowerrment in being in control and knowing you are taking care of yourself.

LauraRVA42011 nice to see you again. I can feel your excitement for your trip to New Orleans. What a weekend!

VickieLou and Traveller :wave:

So yesterday I was at work from 7:45am to 8:30pm, with just a 20-minute lunch break. I was trying to get everything set-up for my colleagues since I am on vacation for another week (I had tried to have 2 straight weeks of vacation but it was impossible, as we are short 2 managers right now). And I had to meet with some coordinators to give them directives for the week. By the end of the day I was exhausted and not happy. But it's done and now I get to relax some. And I will ask for a half a day off later on to make up for this.

01: 38 minutes cardio upper body workout
02: 38 minutes HIIT workout
03:

opheliaphoenix 11-04-2017 04:40 PM

Martine: We just finished up the second season of Stranger Things! And, yes...my goal today is really pushing myself on getting a decent amount of water in before this evening. It's the one thing I still haven't been great about since coming back. And, wow...what a long day! Definitely take some time to relax after that...hope they're able to comp you that off time for it.

Weigh-in was down just a smidge to 230.6 today. I feel like my body is teasing me with the 220s, like it always does....I either start gaining again in the 230s, so I don't hit them - or I gain again in the 220s once I get there. I haven't been able to break what I call my "220s curse" since my husband and I were dating, and that was only by one pound. Before that, I hadn't been under them since I was 16. But, I am staying focused this time...I'm going to break into them and then out of them without being discouraged! I need to focus on being better about water, especially on days where I have salty meals like the fajitas. Two days of them back to back is making me feel a little bloated, lol. Time to wash that away! :yes:

Week One
04: 230.6
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One: