Old 11-02-2016, 05:42 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

slash: oh, I am good one for talking myself out and into things! That's why I am currently in this world of chub! However, I did get outside for about an hour and 1/2 and pulled out my first of 4 big flowerbeds to get ready for winter. I will try two tomorrow and then the small stuff - property borders and the like - I need to move hostas that are now hidden by bushes that grew up.

Sorry you are ailing. Who needs sore anything. I have been fighting that the past week. Hopefully yours remedies soon!

Hello ALL!

AM:
Well, as above I did get the body moving, just not fast - rather up and down and lunging in my garden w/my butt up in the air. I could give a rats patutie if anyone was complaining. The work had to get done. I will do the same tomorrow as long as my DH takes the stuff to the compost heap tonight. We still have so much to do as in raking, cleaning gutters now that most leaves are down, bringing summer in and the like. However, I squeezed in the flower bed while LO was at school. I got done w/enough time to shower and one other inside home project before he got here.

Ok - will be watching the series w/the DH, he's cheering for the team cursed by the goat, last night I swear he stomped a hole in front of one of our living room chairs cheering them along. Hopefully with staying up late I can get up in the dark and make it to the gym. It puts my spirits in a better mood if anything else. I wish today there was an air diet - I'd do well!

Happy evening to you all!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:42 PM   #47  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme: Sounds like you got some work done at your house!! That is always a struggle. Spring work is so much more fun to me than the fall work. Part of it is that I like summer so much more than winter!!

For me, still struggling with pain. I'm looking for a recommendation on a massage therapist so that maybe I can get over this. It is getting better, but not very quickly. I'm thinking a good massage might work it out.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:22 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Sorry been quite. Took a week off from logging to get use to a new mood elevator. I'm down to 217. Thats 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Love the new meds.

Slashnl: sorry your not feeling well. Hopefully the PT can help.

LEMONTHYME: girl you keep going. Sound like a busy beaver.

We are getting the walls on the greenhouse. Then if it snows I will have walls while I do the floor.
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:41 PM   #49  
Diane

Davisag: Nice! Congrats on the weight loss!

For me, I have the massage scheduled for one hour for tomorrow. I hope this works.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:45 PM   #50  

Davis: woot! Good for you getting your greenhouse done and your weight down! What's one of the first things you'll be planting?

Slash: massages always do different things don't forget you may hurt worse right away and then the next day feel fantastic. I recalled an area where a family friend massage person said would really help your body rejuvenate. Lay down and press until you find a tender spot toward the bottom of your sternum, you'll hit the spot and know its right you may hurt a lot. I hadnt done that in a long time and about a month ago I did wow! The initial rubbing of the area was horrid but by the next day it felt pretty good as did I. I think it helps activate your immune system and though it's not muscle related sometimes are immune system can stand to use help to deal with inflammation.

Hello all!

AM: I hopped on the scale after breakfast as we were sprinting due to late alarms and school readiness took priority. I came in at 241 so I figure I'm around 239 as I had 3 cups of coffee by then with my breakfast.

I know I've been there often and I will try to continue working it down. Why was it easier to loose 257 to 235 before and now it's not? We'll struggle away i do. I just really need to tackle it well I have had more down moments in dealing with it but it also lumps together with other health changes I'm having. But I guess frustration is part of this journey just as life itself.

I'm to go on a ladies trip sight seeing tomorrow. However though I wanted to do business casual shoe wise I'm stuck. I can't do heels so my dress shoes are out and I'm to do a chunk of walking as well. All I've currently got are my audaciously bright tennis shoes. Oh my. I'll have to see what I can do about working some magic into an outfit and shoe my foot can deal with. I had no luck shopping. Is this world full of flat footed people? I have a high arch and everything I saw that I liked I couldn't get my foot in. Ugh. When will they truly make a comfortable and stylish shoe?

Ok off to go get some bills paid and groceries away. Have a good weekend!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 11-04-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:08 PM   #51  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

Davis: Awesome weight loss!

I've been so sluggish this week. The gym hasn't seen me which usually spells disaster for my weigh-in on Sunday.
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #52  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

My weigh-in today had me up by 0.4 lbs. I started my period so I'm hoping this gain is just due to the fact that I'm pretty bloated right now. I'll do better with exercise this week.
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:03 AM   #53  

jelly: well at least your cycle is still predictable. Mine has changed these last few months, partly endocrine mishap as per usual for me, hopefully those .4 lbs just melt off when you are done with all the crazy cycle cravings.

Hello all!

AM:
I used some of my bday m only this weekend and finally went clothing shopping. I am into 18w jeans, and that's a good feeling, with some room I might add. I am still in 2x in fitted tops - since I carry broad shoulders and they never give enough room in that area for me, i have to go up. One of my tops I am thinking of altering the length just a bit. It seems to be hitting me at the wrong spot making me look well, pregnant, but when I held it up to where I thought it needed to be then it looked a bit more fitted. So since sewing isn't a big deal I will get that done.

Have yet to hop on scale from the weekend. Today the kids are home as it's inservice, and there are appointments this afternoon to contend with. Somedays I feel all i do is sprint from the time I fall out of bed. Oh it'd be nice if that sprint included pounds off!

Happy week to you all.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:14 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 273/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Lemon, Slash, Jelly and Davisag!

Glad to hear you are all fighting the winter dark and cold. Ugh. I can't wait for it to be over and its just started. The dark, the cold, the winter illnesses... bleh. Slowly losing my 1-.5 lb a week. At least its not going up! The 210s look so far away. Here's to hoping the holidays will brighten not only our spirits but our resolve! Have a good week!
kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:38 PM   #55  
Diane

Lemonthyme: So how did the walking/sight-seeing go? It is a battle to find decent shoes sometimes. I am not a shoe shopping person at all, so it is pure torture for me. And I totally get what you are saying about being stuck at a certain weight! Lots of that going around!

Jelly: I'm sure that you'll get that little bit of weight off quickly. Always a pain to see that once a month jump, although I'm heading into not having it at all. Typically, I'm every 4 months or so right now.

kittens: You sound like me. Not a fan of the time change, not a fan of cold weather. Just waiting for spring now!!

For me, I had the massage on Saturday. And you're right, Lemonthyme. Afterward, I felt like it wasn't better and that it was a waste of time and money. But then on Sunday, I have to admit that I felt better. The therapist said that I should schedule another session within a week. I probably will, but it really isn't my thing at all. It was fine, but I won't be making it a habit.

I didn't weigh today, just because I know it is up. I didn't want to face it today. I'll weigh sometime this week, but I want to give it a few days of being back on track with food and back to the gym. I know, not being accountable!
Old 11-07-2016, 09:39 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Thank you gals. I am glad to see Slashnl you did get some kind good results from the massage. Lemonthyme I am planting brussel sprouts first
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:55 PM   #57  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Greetings all! It's nice that this thread has remained lively1 I've come up with a new routine for monitoring calories and am on a 1 day winning streak , so I am hopeful that I will soon be able to contribute more to the conversation. I need to be more hopeful...about more things....

Ah, winter! I'm not looking forward to the itchy skin that comes with winter, but I'm grateful for the opportunity to hide beneath bulky clothing...would be nicer if I liked my clothing...and would be WONderful if this were the Very Last Winter of Fatness!!!

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 11-07-2016 at 09:58 PM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:26 AM   #58  

seemy: Oh, just join on in. Hey if the scale isn't budging but your are counting calories well or moving or just pleased with your newer body shape post! I struggle daily but reading of everyone else tackling the same poundage is a help to me.

slash: I don't mind massages, but I am not one to go super often both for cost and well how i usually hurt at the end. Yes, I feel better later, but you know how it goes. the time change was a helper, I like a bit more light in the morning to get going. But 230 am is a bit much! My second day of decreased see - ugh!

davis: I had brussel sprouts last night. Do you freeze them or just eat them fresh daily?

kittens:
Oh time change is always an issue. I do however dislike spring more than fall for that. Hopefully you get through it easily this week as well.

LittleKat:
Where did you go?

Hello all!

AM:
Well, fighting with the scale AGAIN. However, though I may not be doing well on that front I do have some good news. I bought some skinny jeans, hey I am still under 50, I figured Id try them. I didn't wear them in the 80s when it was more the stirrup pants thing. Anyhow, I have them on today, and discovered they are looser at the waist. When I pinned in to make my darts, I am taking out 1 3/4" at the waist!!!!!! The hips not so much, but hey I will take the waist anyway. I still wish I could find my book from when I started I know I have lost an inch or two on each. Oh well, that means I have to clean my house top to bottom. I am not looking forward to that at all.

Voted at 7am today. I was number 3. And behind me there were about 12 people. As the polls open here at 7, that was a great turnout, in other elections I am usually one of 120 people in town to vote, hopefully this time there will be better numbers.

Ok, off to get the day moving. Maybe the scale will too!
Old 11-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #59  
Diane

Davisag: Not a fan of brussel sprouts, but hey! Hope they grow well for you!

SeeMyFeet: Yay for you! Glad you found something new to use to stay on track. Keep posting! We love to hear from you!

Lemonthyme: I decided against the 2nd massage. I went to book it and he has no openings this week. Well, that tells me that I don't really need to go. By next week, I should be fine, so not going to spend the money.

For me, I made it to Body Pump this morning and it went well, so I am pretty sure I'm on the mend. Depending on how I feel, I think I'll try to do a little running after work. I just want to get my routine back on track.

Still didn't get on the scale yet. I might just wait until next Monday. I know it was bad last week for being off plan, and maybe with keeping on track this week, I can look on Monday and not be totally devastated.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 273/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone! Glad to hear you all are fighting the good fight. Hugs all round. Lemon, I'm interested to hear that you prefer fall to spring. I do too, but I prefer early fall, before the time change. I have always felt that winter in New England just threw on an extra ten lbs each year. But I love the fall leaves just as much as the crocuses. So I don't know. As far as this week goes, I'm just trying to hold steady to the plan. Each time I eat off plan I drive myself right back to the plan. Ugh. I feel like these last few weeks have been so much work. Also, I've been noticing that even though my weight loss is visible, I feel worse about myself. I'm picking apart the way I look in folks photos of me, feeling bloated all the time. I dunno, does this happen to you all? I'm closing in on a 50lb loss, and I'm just feeling terrible about myself. Oh well. Here's hoping you all are having better weeks.
kittens is offline   Reply With Quote