View Poll Results: Do You Journal?
Yes 11 91.67%
No 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 01:53 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Lightbulb Do You Journal?

Do you journal? Why should I? I'm thinking about starting one, and I'm just curious. Thanks. -Apryl

Old 08-12-2003, 02:54 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Not to sound like the dirty hippie that I am, but journaling will help you get in touch w/your feelings, and give you insight as to the reasons behind everything you do. It's a great help to go back & see how far you've come, also.

You can journal about dieting, or about life in general w/info about your eating exercise. You can also food journal, which is writing down every single thing that goes into your mouth--vitamins, meds, food, beverage, gum, etc.

I think it would help a lot. Sometimes there are things you can't/shouldn't say to anyone. But your journal is not there to judge, it's just a place to vent.

I hope this has helped. Good luck on whatever you decide.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i do the online journalling thing (as most people know) and it's great for me. i also use fitday.com to food journal.

i know it really helps. try it out!
Old 08-12-2003, 04:46 PM   #4  
Searching

Since I was 11 years old Apryl. And though I journal online now I still need the comfort of a hard book when I am really struggling. Think how many chapters I have written about Chris?

Miss Chris
Old 08-12-2003, 05:13 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

If you're thinking of starting but don't know how, may I recommend Sark's Journal and Play!Book : A Place to Dream While Awake (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...045056-4960765)

It's a great way to get those creative juices flowing.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

yay for sark! i want one of those. i love her.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:23 PM   #7  
Om shanti

I journal meticulously. I've found it even more important in maintenance than it was in weight-loss.

I journal using a software program on my PDA, but the software synchs to a web site and my journal actually ends up online!

Brian's Food and Exercise Journal
Old 08-12-2003, 07:04 PM   #8  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

That's pretty neat I'll have to download it and try it out. I see that your average intake was around 800 calories is this correct? Do you find that enough to be healthy?
Old 08-12-2003, 08:23 PM   #9  
Healthy and Positive!

Yes, I definitely journal.. It helps me to be accountable to myself. Also, there are obviously some inner issues that I've got with myself since I've been fat my whole life. I'm trying to work thru what they might be and journaling helps with that.

Sark is wonderful--I agree! I have the Living Juicy-Daily Morsels book by her. Today's quote is "Shoot for the moon! If you miss, you'll land among the stars!" She says today that the more you stretch (body, mind, whatever!) the more you can fit in.. How true! Like on here the more you post, the more you get to know people and be part of the mix. A message I need for myself!

Hugs,
Crystal
Old 08-13-2003, 06:31 AM   #10  
Om shanti

Quote:
Originally posted by howie6267
That's pretty neat I'll have to download it and try it out. I see that your average intake was around 800 calories is this correct? Do you find that enough to be healthy?
My average intake is about 2200 calories. What you probably are referring to is the specific day you looked at, which wasn't over yet. The web site is updated each time I synch, which is every three or four days, depending on how busy I am.

Try this link:
Sunday
Old 08-13-2003, 11:50 AM   #11  
Born Loser

I see. I did download it but the demo is pretty much useless. Can you add your own food items. It seems that would be to much of a job going through all there menus to add up a Turkey and Cheese sandwich with mayo for example. I found one that I do like and it allows you to add your own items. Plus it has a database of items to choose from it is at http://nutricalc.info/ncmain/ It is shareware you only pay if you want support and updates.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:21 PM   #12  
on my way down!

I love my online journal it is someone/something to talk to about all my feelings and i can go back and read the positive stuff on a really bad day
Old 08-14-2003, 05:43 AM   #13  
Om shanti

Quote:
Originally posted by howie6267
I see. I did download it but the demo is pretty much useless. Can you add your own food items.
Yes, you can add food items as well as your own exercise items. It also has tons of manufactured items in its database already, as well as many restaurants and fast-food eateries. You can even construct a meal (or even just part of a meal) and save it, so you can reuse it over and over.
Quote:
It seems that would be to much of a job going through all there menus to add up a Turkey and Cheese sandwich with mayo for example.
I've tried them all, including the one you referred to in your message. Calorie King is, by far, the easiest at that sort of thing available for the Palm, IMHO.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:29 AM   #14  
Born Loser

Maybe I'll try it sometime. I do like the free one I'm using so I will stick with it for now. Thanks for the info. It's nice being able to use my PDA for this.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:00 PM   #15  
Old Cackler

i don't journal, even though i see and understand the benefits. there's just something about seeing my thoughts and feelings right THERE staring at me that wigs me out completely.

yeah yeah yeah. i know i need some serious help here...
Closed Thread