Old 10-20-2015, 01:53 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everybody,

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Annie Welcome! It is so tough to stare down a regain! But four years of maintaining at a lower weight is awesome!! The process works, we just have to work it.

Diane Glad to hear you are hitting the ground running at work and that you had a good experience with the gym even if you have slipped a bit because you will soon be getting it back.

Laurie My sympathy for your dental work. The worst.

Martini eating out is really hard. My strategy is to try to stay on the lower side with my calories all the time so that even if my restaurant meals are higher that it will all even out. Usually I don't eat out a lot, but I'm happiest when I'm eating things that I know EXACTLY how many calories they have. I like that feeling of control. So eating out always makes me anxious.

Nici I also look smaller when I wear more form fitting clothes, and I also like to hide under baggy stuff. But it's always nice to hear you look good! One thing I've noticed is that when I lose and gain, it always redistributes to different places. This time, instead of outgrowing my pants, my arms got huge. UGH.

I had a nice weekend. We went to see the new production of The Sound of Music and it was SOOOO good! Lately the scale has been good to me-- it's notched down .2 every day. But the low 260s is the closest I have to a set point, so I expect I'll still here for a while.

Spent some time looking at thinner pictures of myself and even idly looking at clothes online. After I regained my big 110 lb weight loss, I really never rebought a wardrobe. Obviously, I have some things in my size, but I wear the same thing over and over again. I work at home and live in a warm climate, which means I really don't need much of a wardrobe, but I'm looking forward to having some cute clothes again!

Last edited by ubergirl; 10-20-2015 at 01:55 AM.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:01 AM   #212  
thinks she can

S/C/G: 321/266.1/170

Height: 5'9"

hellohello!!

Uber - 20lb down and the going is good!! Woot woot!!

Laurie - That kind of dental work is difficult in the best of circumstances. My heart goes out to you.

On a completely different note, thanks for the tip about boxing up half the meal. That's a really good idea. I'm also starting to try and observe thin people eating and follow what they eat. When I go out to eat, I'm going to match my food to a thin person's and see how that goes. For a long time I believed that people just ate whatever they felt like eating and that I just felt like eating more than others. I'm starting to see that many thin people really do monitor their calorie intake - something that I hadn't done until I started trying to lose weight a few years ago. I didn't learn those eating habits growing up, but I sure can try to make up for lost time!

Annie - Hi!!

Nici - I do know that voice in your head saying "suck it up!" I agree that there really aren't excuses for not taking care of ourselves, but it definitely is hard getting started.

Diane - Not regaining is so tremendous! Especially if you're dealing with financial issues. Life happens and we deal with what's thrown at us. It sounds like you're dealing with things really well.

Food poisoning aside, I've had some bigger health issues come up over the last year and it's giving me the opportunity to become my own best advocate. I'm seeing a doctor later this week and, fingers crossed, I'm hoping that I'll get some clarity about what's going on and what can be done to fix things. I don't want to live a shadow of a life and I'm starting to see how big a part good health plays in that.
martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #213  

Height: 5'5"

I am just checking in quickly. I did not do well yesterday, and today is not good so far. I had additional dental work done yesterday, and felt really awful. It wasn't until after work that I realized I had mixed up my muscle relaxant prescription (from who knows when?) with my antibiotics, and so part of my lethargy was due to that. But I am on the right meds, and I just feel nauseated and awful today.

Some days, you just gotta make it through. That may be today.

Have a good day, everyone!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:24 AM   #214  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Laurie - the dental work sounds miserable. Take the time to heal and recover. Be kind to yourself rather than judging.

Uber - I remember your big weight loss. I think we were on here together. Yours was when I was still trying to get it down but before I lost most of mine. I've certainly learned over the years that we deserve to feel good and have clothes that make us feel good regardless of size. It's a lesson I have learned losing weight and being on this website. I have felt so good about myself at different weights as long as they were on the way down, but when it's a regain, it's not okay. So we don't treat ourselves to clothes that we feel good in. I understand not wanting to waste money. Maybe you can go to a store like Charming Charlie and get some accessories for your clothes and make them feel different by accessorizing them differently.

Diane - I am pretty sure that maintaining is losing. It's the same behaviors just a different scale result. It sounds like you are doing a GREAT job of getting back to exercise. The scale WILL move.

martini - Good luck with finding out what the health problem is and finding a treatment. I think my health is a big part of my regain. Meds and fatigue all contributed to it. I wish I had tried to take better care of myself weight-wise while I was going through the worst of it but I am okay that all I could do was get through each day. But if you can, definitely try to move a little everyday and eat healthy foods.

I went to the gym this morning. It was hard to get up, but it felt so good when I was done. All I can do right now is walk slowly but I will work up to more. Slow is fine with me. I joined the online version of weight watchers to help me with eating. I feel like I can get back on track and do this. And I think I will feel healthier doing it.

Step 2....
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #215  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh boy. Went to body pump this morning and it was difficult. I can tell I've lost some ground on it. I know I'll be feeling it later today and definitely tomorrow. But have to start somewhere. I'll get it back to where I was before. It was funny to see everyone's reactions. "Where have you been?" So, I told my story. Just glad to be back at it. I ended up not doing great on food plan because I felt like I was starving by the end of the day. So, I'll keep trying today. I think it just takes a while to work past that initial change in food.

Annie: Good job on getting to the gym. I think you are smart to ease into it again. It's just important to keep going, not how fast you start back!

Laurie: Hang in there!!

Martini: Sorry to hear about your other medical issues. That is something that is so hard to work through. Good luck to you!

Uber: It is hard to spend the money on more clothes, so I know what you're saying. Hopefully you'll be blowing through that 260 mark and heading back to the cute clothes!!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:39 PM   #216  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Still here just super busy! Heading away for a long weekend to Queenstown for one of my best friends weddings. Four nights without the kids!!!! That never happens down 1.5pounds this week so pretty happy to see a brand new number. I'm keen to see onderland before Christmas too Diane.

Keep hanging in there girls!!
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #217  
Diane

Well, no gym this morning. I was by myself, so I had to feed the animals. To go to the gym, I would have had to get out of bed around 4:00. Not happening this morning. I'm really sore, so I should have gone. I'll go tomorrow to body pump and hopefully work out the soreness.

Kelly: Enjoy the weekend! How fun!

Nici: Not sure about the upright vs recumbent bikes. I'm not a fan of the recumbent ones, but I'm not sure what would be better for your back. Glad you are having some good days!!
Old 10-22-2015, 11:21 AM   #218  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi! I am slowly getting back into old habits. It feels good to move every day. This morning, I altered my breakfast so that it was fewer calories but I am still full. I have an hour commute every morning and by the time I get to work, I'm busy. So I have a bad habit of stopping for coffee and a bagel (or worse, donut holes a month ago so the bagel is an improvement, sigh). Anyway, I was at the grocery store last night and picked up a bag of grapes and filled a quart sized baggie for today. Driving in, I had an epiphany - eat the grapes out of the bag on my way in and add a plain english muffin and vioila - breakfast for 3 points. It's much more filling and less calories. That change alone should get the scale going. And after all of this, we are going to a fall festival tonight and I am re-thinking the fried cheese on a stick. Reminding myself that I'm choosing to lose weight.

Have fun this weekend, Kelly!

Good luck on your weigh-in, Nici! It sounds like the good days and bad are balancing out.

Yes, Diane as I am learning, it takes a bit to get it all going but you sound like you are doing a great job overall!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:14 PM   #219  
Diane

Went to body pump this morning. I was so sore yesterday, I had trouble walking. Ugh! So, it was a tough workout this morning, but I think it helped with loosening my muscles. I'm still a little sore, but not so stiff as I was yesterday. Tomorrow is spin class and I think that will help. It usually does. I haven't been as good with food plan as I would like, but getting closer. Next week should be better.

Nici: Great job on the first 3 days of your challenge! You're doing really well and it sounds like the scale is being good to you! That's a bonus!

Annie: Good choice on changing up your breakfast. If you find that you're still struggling with feeling hungry, you might add a little protein too. For me, it helps to have the protein included so that I'm not starving in an hour. But good for you on making the changes you need to make!!
Old 10-24-2015, 05:59 AM   #220  
thinks she can

Hi everyone!

I'm going to do a quick check in with promises that I'll come back later to comment on the individual posts. Not much new to report... I've been mostly on plan this week. There have been a few off days (planning and time management are an issue at the moment) but I think I kept things under 2,000 calories each day.

I hope you're all having a great weekend!
Old 10-25-2015, 11:37 AM   #221  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Hi all!

Matthew is here!

He arrived on October 22 at 7:50 pm. Weighing in at a whopping 9 lbs 11 oz and 23 inches long!

Labor was induced on the morning of the 21st, and after 36 hours of labor followed by only an hour of pushing, I had my son.

We got home from the hospital last night and I'm still absolutely in awe that this little person came out of me!

Edit: photo attached!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-10-25 11.14.59.jpg (23.6 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by FeraFilia; 10-25-2015 at 11:41 AM.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:19 PM   #222  
thinks she can

Hello all!

Mandy! I'm so happy that you and your son are happy and healthy! Congratulations!

It's great to see how well everyone seems to be doing! It's also pretty awesome to count myself part of that club. I did my weekly weigh in this morning and am down 2.2 lb for the week! I stayed the same for the previous week's weigh in and it's wonderful to see the scale moving again.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:15 AM   #223  

Height: 5'5"

Just a very quick check-in!

MANDY - First time mom of a beautiful baby boy! SO MUCH CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are going to be an amazing and imperfect mother!

Martini - Sweet on the scale movement! Congratulations!

Diane - Glad to hear you're getting back in the groove again on the exercise. As always, it's so insipirational.

Nici - I love those huge water weight whooshes, and yours was incredible! Congratulations on getting back on track!

BeachBreeze - Love having you on here. Especially love the reminder that only positive changes--not perfection--are required to get good results.

Kelly - More news of success. And a great kid-free time. Yay for being able to have a good time and be down some kilos.

Starting to feel more normal again after two weeks of teeth pain and related health issues. Glad to be getting back on track again.

Have a great day, everyone!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:26 PM   #224  
Diane

Well, I'm up a couple of pounds. Not too surprising since my food choices haven't been all that great. Ok, so I need to buckle down this week. Exercise is going well, so I need to just get my eating back in order. I'll be recording everything and trying to make sure I stay under my calorie goal. Since we have a weight loss challenge going on at work, I am revising one of my goals in the challenge to give up sweets/desserts. That seems to be a problem right now for me. But, that's ok. I know last year, I had a little trouble getting back on track after hunting season. And that seems to be the deal now, too. Anyway, that's my goal. Spinning was better today than last week, so I think I'm getting my strength and endurance back after my foot issue. We'll see how body pump goes tomorrow.

Mandy: What a cute baby boy!!! So proud of you surviving that lengthy labor! I'm sure it was worth every minute!!

Martini: Congrats on the weight loss! That's a nice loss for the week.

Nici: Glad you got some walking in. Sounds like we both need to watch our calories a little more closely!
Old 10-27-2015, 04:39 AM   #225  
thinks she can

Hello hello!!

Laurie - Amen to normalcy!

Diane - I love your attitude of simply getting back on track when you go off a bit. It's a good reminder about how progress is so much about how we get through the little things.

Nici - I was right there with you two weeks ago. I had been on plan all week and gained .2lb on my Monday weigh-in. I was like what?!? There's nothing for a while and then there's a woosh (but sometimes even my woosh feels like there's something missing and only comes out woo--). In any event it's better than a gain and I'll take it!

Months ago my period started to become really irregular and I can feel all of those hormonal shifts having an impact on my weight loss. Three years ago the weight came off pretty predictably. Now it seems like my weight loss pattern is slower and more erratic. I saw a doctor about my irregular periods last week and we're watching to see how things develop. I'll say a prayer, focus on the weight loss, and see what happens.

In some ways not having those (comparatively) quicker results makes it a bit harder to stay motivated, but in some ways it's also easier. I can think about staying on plan and orienting myself towards a lifestyle change rather than the number on the scale. I'm looking ahead to the new year and I'm thinking that 2016 might finally be the year I incorporate regular exercise into my life!