Old 02-12-2015, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Bathroom habits - potential TMI - Sorry!

Let me preface this by saying I am not trying to be gross or crude, but this topic is about, let's face it, poop. So stop reading now if you wish. I won't be offended.

OK, Since I have been on this "make myself a healthier version of me" plan (I don't like calling it a diet) I have noticed that my bathroom habits seem to be an all or nothing kind of deal. I'm not taking any supplements, and while I am leaning more towards more fruit and veggies, I haven't really made any radical changes to my diet. Yes, I cut out most of the junk food. I'm counting calories, and as long as I count them, I let myself have SOME of the not so good for me stuff that I used to have. I'm not going to deprive myself because I know me. I know that will just cause me to overdo it in the long run. So, since my diet hasn't that much of a shift, I don't quite get the whole deal with my bathroom routine getting all messed up. Like I said, it feels like an all or nothing deal. I either mentally groan "again??" or I feel like I'm bloated and constipated. I did feel so miserable a couple of weeks ago that I did use a laxative, but I really don't want to have to do that. Has anyone else who has done this longer have any advice? I do feel like I get plenty of fiber, and I drink water all day. Is it just something my body has to learn to adjust to? Help!
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:43 PM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I noticed a big change as well when I first started. I was really concerned about it too. But, I think your body will adjust. Keep drinking that water and making sure you get fiber. Also, good fats will help.

So, either my body adjusted or I got used to it. Maybe someone else has a better answer?
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #3  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

No shame in it. I take Sennakot which is a naturally derived laxative that I find to be quite gentle. I'm the same way. I also take a fibre supplement so some days it's like the floodgates and other days I'm sitting there wondering if I should have started reading Homer. My naturopath said that I've gotta do whatever it takes to stay more than regular so I don't see anything wrong with taking a natural laxative before bed to promote the movement. Good luck!
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:01 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

My body has never adjusted. When I was losing weight, and ate less, I would sh!t like a bird i.e. hardly ever having been a one-a-day every-morning after my coffee guy for years.

Now I eat a lot of healthy stuff to fuel my weight training. And I pooh a lot and unpredictably. I eat a lot of fiber and protein. I used to eat oats and they made it worse. And I also drank tart cherry juice...that made it explosive.

So you may just have to live with it.

But if you do feel the need to go, drink a quart of tart cherry juice and wait an hour. It will clean the pipes.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote