Old 06-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #16  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

I'm hoping my weight loss leads to more slender legs so I can wear tall boots. I've never been able to do that before. I fear my calf muscles are too big.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

I just want to walk into a regular store to buy clothing, vs ordering online or shopping at a plus size specialty store.
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #18  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm hoping my thighs will slim enough where I'll feel comfortable in mid-thigh shorts. I didn't even wear mid-thigh shorts as a kid because I was born with "thunder thighs" as my mom calls it
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #19  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyMac View Post
I want to wear anything off the rack that is not plus size. ANYTHING! For me more importantly there is something I would like to NOT wear every day - and that is shapewear under my clothes every day. Every day no matter what. So yeah - anything not plus with no hidden body armor squishing and smoothing the fat under it.
This!

I walk past store windows, leaf through magazines, see people on the street wearing cute, fun clothes that I'll never be able to wear. It's like a whole section of our culture is just not available to me.

That being said, the outfits I really lust over are hiking clothes. Comfy, wicking easy-care pants and tops... backpacks... shoes. My imagined thin-self is able to hike easily and for more than 45 minutes at a time, so she can wear that sort of stuff.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Honestly what I'm wearing now. It sounds odd enough, but I am pretty satisfied these days with plus sized selections. I imagine wearing what I wear now just... perhaps in smaller sizes. Cute jeans , and tanks & cardis from old navy? And super duper cute dresses from modcloth? heck yes!
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #21  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
That being said, the outfits I really lust over are hiking clothes. Comfy, wicking easy-care pants and tops... backpacks... shoes. My imagined thin-self is able to hike easily and for more than 45 minutes at a time, so she can wear that sort of stuff.
I very much relate to this! But I have found some loopholes over the years. Columbia sells some plus size hiking pants (not sure what size they go up to). Also, regular exercise clothes function just as well and are way cheaper on the trail, especially in the summer. I wear a lot of Champion brand wicking shirts with exercise capris hiking. Ther are a few brands of hiking shoes that sell WW. One last tip...I bought an Osprey daypack last year and embarassingly, the hip belt strap did not fit around my waist. It sent me Into tears I called and they sent me a free extender (which promptly encouraged me to lose weight).

However, I fit into my first pair of North Face hiking pants today (size 16, their biggest size) and it just felt like the biggest accomplishment in the world. You will get there, but don't let it hold you back from enjoying Mother Nature either!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #22  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

I bought a size Medium dress (black and white knit) and jacket (white and short sleeved) when I weighed 460 pounds. It has been sitting on the back of my closet door ever since. It is something I would wear to school, work or out to dinner. I call it my "Promise Dress". It is a promise I made to myself.

Dee
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I tend to shop in the thrift store a lot, but I've found that when I go to a "regular" store I gravitate to the plus size area. I can wear a 1x, but look better in an extra large and none of the pants in that section fit anymore. BUT.... I feel like an imposter looking through the women's section, like I don't belong there either. This is the first time as an adult that I can even think of looking somewhere other than the plus sized section.

I'd like to wear something fitted and feel like I can breath too and a little bit of a heel instead of my clod hopper flats or flip flops.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:23 AM   #24  

Default Vintage 70's chick

I still have it. A faded rock t-shirt and a pair of low riders boot cut jeans.
MamaX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/170

Last time I lost weight I had a bathing suit that was a tankini with shorts. I have warm memories of goofing around in the water with my, at the time, teenage son. Although I was far from thin (probably about a size 12), I felt fit and "presentable" in it. At a size 18 now, I know I won't be in it this summer, but maybe next summer. That's my goal outfit.
Sarah2468 is offline   Reply With Quote