Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 11:37 PM   #61  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Olivia -- my cousin has maintained for a very long time and what she does is eat healthy "most of the time"

She has lost over 100lb with FAA and maintained for about 5-6 years

When I've had dinner with her, although I tend to show a complete lack of self control, she will order a salmon dish or some version of a protein and veggie dish. She tends to try to eat healthy most of the time if a healthy option is available and I've actually been trying to do the same.

There are also certain things she just DOES NOT do anymore, so her "falls" are not as bad as they used to be i.e., she no longer loads her Chipotle' meal with guacamole, cheese, sour cream...she just doesn't do it anymore. She has developed some healthy habits over time.

Also if she has a carb crave, she may "binge" on good veggies and the like until it passes or go vegan for a few days

As for myself, I am trying to develop a list of things that I will no longer do. The reality is -- life happens -- and you have to figure out what works for you.

My short list: :-)
--Protein drink before any events or parties
--$3 limit IF I end up at a fast food restaurant
--If I get weird cravings, I prepare a lobster/crab dinner at home
--Try to eat protein and veggies most of the time
--fill up on the good stuff first
Old 06-07-2014, 06:24 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/170

LGW I love the $3 limit on fast food. I never thought of limiting it by $$, but I see how that could definitely work! Clever.

Yesterday was a good day. Food was in line and exercise was great. I did a 3.5 mile walk/run with way more walking than running, but I pushed myself more than I have in awhile and it felt good (afterwards, at least!).

Today I have a graduation party to attend. I'm sure there will be lots of good food. It's that time of year, so I have to figure out a way to get through these upcoming events without ruining the week in one day! I think I'll bring a piece of gum to help me avoid picking at things I don't want/need.

Happy Saturday everyone!

Last edited by Sarah2468; 06-07-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #63  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

LGW - I LOVE your ideas! And it's great what your cousin has been able to develop over the years. I am noticing the same things happening with myself. I do not desire to pollute my body with foods that are filled with things that I know will stress my body in the long run. I feel SO much better when I eat foods that are filled with nutrition. I've been eating fruits, vegetables and oils all week so far and I haven't felt better! And not only do I feel good and have loads of energy (I jogged 2.5 miles yesterday effortlessly), nutritious food can taste VERY good! I add seasonings and spices that bring the food alive and it couldn't be more delicious. I have learned that eating clean and healthy can be very satisfying to the mind, spirit and body

On that note, I'm up 0.50 lbs this morning to 174.00 I've been climbing up over the past 3 days but I know why. I'm coming off a week of juicing and as always, my body will climb about 2-3 pounds up before it stabilizes and starts heading back down (I've gone up 1.25 lbs so far). The human body fascinates me. I just love it!

ETA: I took my measurements again this morning. 30+ inches gone!

Last edited by Olivia7906; 06-07-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #64  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

LGW, I like the protein drink idea before going out. I need to do that

Sarah great job on your walk/run yesterday I've been trying to do that for some time now (C25K) I can never get through it ... keep up the good work LOL you're right it does feel great afterwards Enjoy your day, here's some to help with the good eats at the party

Olivia great job on your jog yesterday Congratulations on 30+ inches GONE, You are working through this journey wonderfully, WAY TO GO

I am down .2 to 159.8 so my wish from last evening was granted . I'm hoping that this will be a good weekend for me with food and exercise and I can see the 5 in the middle of my numbers for the next 6 days.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:15 PM   #65  
Black Barbie

Rennie - Back in the 150's! Awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing your weight numbers again lol

It's time for me start changing up my exercise routine and I'm thinking about ordering Focus T25 to start in July. I'd like to do that along with my jogging. I'm in a cut phase and I'm going to hold off on heavy lifting until I get to 130. I hate doing any kind of exercise longer than 30 minutes and I have Insanity already. I've done 2 full rounds of it in the past. The workouts are just too long for me to keep motivated and doing them. I think I will order Focus T25 and start it in a few weeks.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #66  
~Rennie

Thanks Olivia WOW that's great that you've done Insanity. I can't even imagine. Keep up the great work.

Made it to the gym ... feeling good about my day.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #67  
Black Barbie

Great job on making it to the gym, Rennie

My nieces and sister-in-law came over and we had a BBQ since it is my last weekend in Michigan. I had already eaten all my meals for the day by the time they got here and then I ate more at the BBQ lol. I hadn't had meat, bread, dairy or starches in 18 days and I had 1/4 of a BBQ chicken sandwich with mild cheddar, mayonnaise and mustard on thick texas toast grilled with homemade garlic butter on it lol. Yeaaaah, I had a food-gasm in that moment lol. Then I was popping grilled asparagus like it was candy....then washed it all down with some seltzer water lol. I was going to take a rest day from the gym tomorrow but I probably should go
Old 06-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

185.6 today!!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #69  
~Rennie

Thanks LOL Olivia I like your food-gasm ... on your 18 day stretch, what a great victory You are just full of wonder I'm glad you're here You know the one thing I like about barbecues is it can typically be healthy depending on what we choose to eat. I am going to a family barbecue next Saturday and I am planning on chicken chicken chicken I hope to remember LGW's protein shake before going and then stay away from the bread and other southern goodies my family will cook. That's my plan but like you said it will probably land me in the gym on Sunday after church for sure

Donna nice weigh in Keep up the great work

Last edited by love2b150; 06-07-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Thought I'd check in. I haven't been doing so for ages.

My rowing machine arrived yesterday and I finally got to use it today. I love it, but the only issue is that it squeaks a lot (probably because I'm at the higher end of it's limit). I did 15 minutes on the machine as well as level 1 of the 30 day shred. Food wise, I ate a bowl of cereal (raisin bran), a cheese stick and a turkey breast sandwich. It's less than I normally eat, but I woke up really late so only ended up having 2 small meals in the day.

On the plus side, the scale is showing me 1lb lighter. I'm quite happy since I'm expecting my ToM soon, and now is normally when I'm a bit bloated (fingers crossed for a whoosh in the next week).
Old 06-08-2014, 08:04 AM   #71  

Rennie Thanks for the will power dust! That made me smile. I think I could have used a little more of it, but it definitely helped! I think my friend might be doing the C25K...it's some program on her phone. I was not able to keep up with whatever day she was on, so she just ran ahead and I did what I could do. Sometimes for me, it's easier to not have a specific goal with something like that. I tend towards quitting when I can't do what I'm "supposed" to do. Instead, I think I'll just do what I can each time and call it good. We'll see...
Donna--Good reminder to yourself (and the rest of us). It's so easy to get frustrated and then make worse choices. Keeping our thoughts in the right place is as important as the food and exercise part.
Olivia You make that BBQ sound SO good! Glad you enjoyed it! Sounds like a great going away bbq with your family.
ILoveVegetables--Yay for the scale and great job with the rowing machine. I got a used one from someone but I don't use it enough. Maybe you'll inspire me to dust it off!

The graduation party I went to was amazing. The food was SO good...not the typical graduation party food. So I ate more than I wanted, but I was happy with my choices. I stuck to (mostly) healthy foods and only had one small dessert. Yesterday was also a day off of exercise, but today will be good food choices and some sort of exercise (depending on the weather). I'm glad I picked Tuesday as my weigh in day...I don't want to step on the scale today!
Old 06-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #72  
~Rennie

ILV good to see you back Good job on the rowing machine and 30DS nice workout . You know it could just be the new parts of it also getting adjusted. I wonder if a little WD40 would help, just a thought. Good job on your eating yesterday and the pound down. You're off to great start. Get your water in and TOM may be nice for a change and no bloat

Sarah, I have tried C25K so many times. I've started out slow like I was told and then sped up and then the second time to speed up I haven't caught my breath from the first time, so idk what I'm doing wrong as far as the breathing goes. It may be just that I am trying to do it on the treadmill. I told my son that I'd like to try it out doors and see if I can do it but we've never made it to an outdoor track yet. I'm with you on just doing what I can. It still makes me feel good that I've done something and it's more than I use to do or could do Yay for making good choices at the graduation party.

I keep forgetting things on MFP. I added another item I ate but it still wasn't a bad day overall. The scale rewarded me with 158.2 this morning so I'm happy. My kids have been on me since before church to go play basketball against each other so off to the gym we go. Have a joyous OP Sunday everyone, see you all later
Old 06-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #73  
~Rennie

Numbers are great today other than sodium. I'm hoping I can combat that with water water water got in another 4 miles so I'm hopeful

You all are quiet today ... hope everyone's doing well or maybe it's just that I have no life
Old 06-09-2014, 06:49 AM   #74  

Rennie--great job with the day yesterday. Good food and great exercise...I bet the scale rewards you.

I have a run/walk planned this morning and then a walk with a friend tonight, so I'm looking forward to a good exercise day. Tomorrow will be my first official weigh in, so the extra exercise is welcomed. If I eat well and drink lots of water, it should be a happy day tomorrow (I hope!).
Old 06-09-2014, 07:01 AM   #75  
Black Barbie

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

I have entered my last week in Michigan! Yippeee!! I have packed up my scale so I'm done weighing for the next 2 weeks. My goal is to be no higher than 175.00 when I step on that scale again, which will be June 23.

Today I will head to the gym and try to jog 2.5 miles, then run some errands. Other than that, I'm all packed up and have nothing to do! I think I'll take a late morning nap
Closed Thread