Old 09-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Wooo hooo. Finally good scale day again. 202.4. Now to keep it their. Not changing anything. Going to stay hard exercising and motivated diet to stay within calories.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #167  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Keep going everyone, you are all doing so great!

Today is offical weigh day for me, I lost 2.8lbs this past week, I've lost 8.6lbs since the begging of the month.

I'm really nervous about this weekend. Saturday we are going to the fair for the day, then in the evening we are going to a mountain pie contest for my 7yo son's Cub Scout Pack where our entry is a banana split mountain pie. Sunday we are taking the kids to Knoebles for one last hurrah of the year where we will no doubt eat pizza that is the best around. I want to allow myself to endulge with control, but I'm afraid of what the scale will look like next week after all the grease and sodium I'm sure to ingest.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #168  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I say, indulge in moderation and increase your water intake..

I find that if I have had an over-indulgence, and increase my water, the "damage" seems to be limited.

This of course does not work with an out of control binge (which I have been known to do at times )

Personally, and this is just my personal opinion....events and weekends like you have described, are part of what makes life fun...to me, no diet is worth giving those things up, so...I adjust and get right back on plan the next day. Any gain I see on the scale, is just temporary...as long as I get back on plan in a reasonable amount of time and partake in the food fun in a reasonable manner.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #169  

Howdy Howdy everyone! Happy Thursday! Hope everyone is doing well!

LazyLioness, I agree. I don't want to become a prude, so my plan of attack is to be 100% on plan today and tomorrow and enjoy every second of the weekend. The good thing is both days include lots of walking (Knoebles is an amusement park), I plan on drinking gallons of water and enjoying the time with my family.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 231/187.4/119

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone, had my weigh in today. 1.3 pounds gone this week! Pretty happy with that given I ate a bit of junk over the weekend, but was really hoping for a bigger loss this week as I have been exercising like mad. Had a bit of a blow out tonight - my partner had nachos for dinner and I pinched a few more than I should have. Feeling a bit guilty, but I know it was a bit of me saying to myself "stuff this diet, I am working so hard and being so good but my weight loss isn't going fast enough". Anyone else self sabotage like that when the scales don't show a big loss? It's so bad, and a trap I have fallen in before. But at least I can recognize it now. Writing it down makes me real use how silly it really is, too. So for the rest of this week, no more cheats or self sabotage! I really really want to achieve my Halloween goal weight.
Lyndality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #171  
OMW to a brand new me!

Findingfawn- Really family time and fun is the most important thing, because we want more if it is why we are all on this journey for self improvement. And frankly if I cannot have a bit of funnel cake at Six Flags this weekend, or a glass (or three) of wine with the hubs and family, I do not want to be skinny. (I am half kidding of course) but really, I would rather be fat and happy than skinny and miserable. So I find a compromise, and that means that sometimes weight loss goes slower.

Lyndality: I do this too! It is horrible. When things are not going the way I want them to (yes I have some control issues lol) I totally want to self sabotage. Sometimes I do, for a minute, and sometimes I treat it like my workout when I ramp it up. I just put my head down and push through it. A few (and more than a few on occasion) nachos are not a deal breaker, just a deal slower downer! If you stay on plan the rest of the week, you will probably not even notice the blip. You are good to go
Old 09-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 249/~~~/149

Height: 5'6

• Are you dressing up for Halloween this year?
  • What are you going as?
  • Have you bought/made your costume yet?

YES! Halloween is a big deal in my group of friends.

I have two parties to attend. For the first one, I will be going as a female Robin Hood. I bought the costume earlier in the year at a great sale. It was TIGHT back then. Now it is less tight but I'll be able to dance.

For the second costume I will be going as a fairy godmother. I'm making a tulle skirt. I need to get going on this.

I'll post pix after the events.
Amy Remixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 237/175/135

Height: 5'7

Talking Halloween Plans

• Are you dressing up for Halloween this year?
  • What are you going as?
  • Have you bought/made your costume yet?

I love Halloween so I am definitely dressing up this year!! I think it is probably my favorite holiday!! I love a good scary movie every now and then and I also like seeing the community out and about -- plus the costumes are amazing! I always try to play a little trick on the trick-or-treaters lol

This year my partner and I want to do a couples costume -- Nascar theme! He wants the yellow M&M jumpsuit and I would like to be the checker girl I like to scour the halloween stores that pop up this time of year so hopefully we find something that will work.

ps. down to 185.4 -- had a slow start to this challenge but I am picking up steam now! Going for a run on the treadmill tonight and this week is my cleanse week (basically no red meat and some high fibre herbs)

Last edited by Looking4PotOfGold; 09-26-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Looking4PotOfGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #174  
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 232/208/160

I think I'm going to be Red Riding Hood for halloween. I'd really like to be back in an XL by then, which makes finding a costume a little less horrifying because a lot of the options out there are not meant for bigger frames.
triptriptrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #175  

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

Nothing exciting going on here today, have 20 quarts of apples sitting here waiting to be made into applesauce.. which will then become applebutter. Just preparing myself for the crazy weekend that is to come for the most part.

My Brownie troop decided to be cats for our town's annual Halloween Parade. Love with they are simple like that. Thought I would share since this year I think I'm going to be a scrooge and not dress up
Old 09-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #176  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

Anyone ever have one of those weeks where you feel super busy constantly but nothing major is actually going on? Just tons of little things, taking a minute to come up for air haha. Hope everyone is having a great weeekend so far and don't forget to weigh in tomorrow!
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #177  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Sw: 247
Cw: 236.2
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:24 AM   #178  
Nothing is impossible

S/C/G: 296/Ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

up .5 pounds. 239.1 Not a good week. Better next week though!
SouthernBell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Finally in onderland! Totally surprised though because i ate poorly yesterday . One day didn't kill me.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #180  
OMW to a brand new me!

Down a pound. Wish it was more but I will take it